Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2021 Rnd 14 - Warriors vs Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Again

One good thing about our bye this week is it’s impossible for the match review committee to charge any of our players, not so for the Storm.

Big NAS out would be a bonus for us, Remis Smith also looking at a couple of weeks.

Kenny Bromwich picked up a rib injury and will probably be ruled out.

Reactions: 2 users

Burncity warrior

NAS & Reimis Smith suspended plus five players backing up from Origin, should work in our favour. Yet this is the Warriors we are talking about so who the fuck know's what's going to happen.
But Dragon is performing, that's massive for us

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

sydneywarrior92

What is essential is we don't let the score blow out. P/D will be essential in the finals scrap for 6-8 and luckily this year our P/D is not horrendous and our competition for the spots have far worse P/D than us.

Reactions: 1 user

dantheman

If we have Addin Fonua-Blake back and we play to our potential, we can beat the Storm. Looks like some of their players are going to be suspended and the Origin players may not back up. They are there for the taking, if we want to make the 8 we need to ice opportunities like this when they present themselves. Cautiously optimistic about this one.

DallyM

DallyM

If we have Addin Fonua-Blake back and we play to our potential, we can beat the Storm. Looks like some of their players are going to be suspended and the Origin players may not back up. They are there for the taking, if we want to make the 8 we need to ice opportunities like this when they present themselves. Cautiously optimistic about this one.
As long as Kody doesn't get played like a fiddle by Hughes again.... It was like three times he ran out the line to get Hughes 😆.... But yep agree good chance to nab a win

Reactions: 3 users
Blain

Blain

With a spine of Hynes, Munster, Hughes and Grant/Smith, I could play in the front row and the Storm would be hard to beat. I think/hope Papz is out for another couple weeks luckily.

Looks like our centres carved up this weekend for the Dolphins, Berry must be straight in for Pompey. I heard Fusitua might be back in town.. Would be nice to have at least one of Ken or Fusitua back firing. From a fans point of view it's pretty painful not playing either one of them when fit.. If not Kosi will come in for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Looks like Katoa had an average game, decent metres and work rate, but had a few errors, penalties and a sin bin. Discipline is his problem.

Reactions: 1 users

6Again

Looks to have the goods and just to think people were writing him off after twenty minutes in a trial match😆
C’mon bro, if there‘s one thing we‘re unmatched for on here it’s extrapolating one bad performance over a players entire projected career 🤦

• Haha
  • Love

Barty

Given Munster and Grant's recent injuries, I would be very surprised if they both play four days after origin one. It doesn't make sense to risk them - it's a long season. Also Papa likely to be out with NAS suspended, this will be our best chance if Addin Fonua-Blake back, also Curren.

Wrighty

Wrighty

NAS & Reimis Smith suspended plus five players backing up from Origin, should work in our favour. Yet this is the Warriors we are talking about so who the fuck know's what's going to happen.
Other teams missing players, for strange reasons, rarely leads to warriors winning.

Uk Warriors fan

plus Kenny Bromwich put too.

I pray Cecchin is not the ref.......please no

zaggo

zaggo

Other teams missing players, for strange reasons, rarely leads to warriors winning.

Yep - usually leads to some bloke on debut having a blinder.

Will be interesting to see what the backline looks like. Presume Berry in for Pompey, and maybe Kosi on the wing.

Wrighty

Wrighty

Kosi marking and defending against the Fox will be something to remember for years to come.

• Haha
Raw Power

Raw Power

I'd like to see after this game against the Storm, the half that proves himself the better performer Kodi or Chanel Harris-Tavita, to stay in the side to partner Walsh the following week in the halves, and have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck stay at fullback.

The other half, who ever that may be dropped from the starting lineup, dropped from the interchange and put on the reserves bench.
If both don't perform bring in Sean O'Sullivan for a go!

Just my thoughts... probably not going to happen!

...Just seems like we are carrying too many halves in the side and the season is dwindling away and passing us by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.