Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 9 - Titans vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Egan getting some love; he's been steadily improving and he made a huge difference against the Broncos. I haven't seen service as good as that game from a Warriors hooker since Luke's best games for us. We've had a real dearth of quality no. 9s in recent years. Hopefully he can develop into one. Would solve a big problem for us.

Egan has been super since game one this season and is getting stronger each game. Superb signing by POS.

Roache is signed for 2020 only and NOT for 2021 and beyond.

He is due back mid season.

I personally would announce right now we don't want Roache next year so him and his agent can start shopping him around.

Sup42s post is brilliant in the way he pointed out this message board is overvaluing running.
Cam Smith had less running than Cook in 2019. Who would you want out of Cook and Smith?

2018 running metres
Smith 1324
Cook 2052
Hodgson 1140

Egan is great he's got brains
But Roach is great as well
A definite one two combo .

Lawton is or was a half we are fine for hookers barring another
Freak injury run

Just on Chanel Harris-Tavita tbh he’s a way better prospect than Hingano and Lolohea. Just the way he injected himself when he came on (watch Maumalos first try) it was always gonna go to Green to kick to the right. Egan was quick enough to go left. Not many average half’s I’ve seen can do that! It’ll take some time. But he needs more game time. And he’s got a shot on him.

Been watching Egan closely since returning to following the teams games.

Very underrated or miss understood player. He doesn’t run. Warriors fans want a running Hooker. Hey look its good when they get little breaks here and there.

But forget it, if your hooker is playing the ball to forwards that receive it at the advantage line, and your team is constantly rolling down field deep into opposition territory, you have a bloody good hooker.

The Warriors pack when Egan plays at dummy half is twice the sum of its parts.

We are absolutely flogging teams through the middle, you cannot do that without superior service.

We have out rolled the big packs, things look really really good.

So perversely Warriors cruel that our backs are crap, we would be way up the ladder with backs.

I don’t want Egan running. You can keep your two to four runs per game oh wow hookers....we have no need of it, our forwards have Leg speed, they need early ball or they are wasted.

It's ten times easier if you are a Prop with early ball.

You dont have to time your run as much, you get the ball, you stop stressing about 'whens the hooker gonna let it go' and you can focus on winding up.
That pick up of the play the ball that had practically gone through his legs For Kens try was great skill.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
1. Sheck
2. Fusitua
3. Beale (they will play Hiku, but the titans chuck the ball around with nothing to lose, just don’t want to see Hiku falling off tackles and not covering kicks while they score some soft ones)
4. Herbert
5. Maumalo
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita (kodi knocked out, good excuse to play chanel without upsetting lord Green)
7. Green
8. Jamayne Tounua-Brown
9. Egan
10. Blair
11. Katoa
12. Lawton (playing his former team and you should reward players who put in last week)
13. Harris
14. Tevaga? (so long as they make sure he doesn’t overplay it when he comes on)
15. Paasi
16. Hetherington
17. Murchie/Papalii

Reactions: CHURCUZ

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor

Very underrated or miss understood player. He doesn’t run. Warriors fans want a running Hooker. Hey look its good when they get little breaks here and there.

But forget it, if your hooker is playing the ball to forwards that receive it at the advantage line, and your team is constantly rolling down field deep into opposition territory, you have a bloody good hooker.

We are absolutely flogging teams through the middle, you cannot do that without superior service.

So perversely Warriors cruel that our backs are crap, we would be way up the ladder with backs.

I don’t want Egan running. You can keep your two to four runs per game oh wow hookers....we have no need of it, our forwards have Leg speed, they need early ball or they are wasted.

You dont have to time your run as much, you get the ball, you stop stressing about 'whens the hooker gonna let it go' and you can focus on winding up.
I watched the Storm Roosters after the warriors game. the biggest difference to me was that the storm would shift it early, like first and second play. This forced the roosters to spread their team right at the start so that even if they pulled the six again on the first to allow them to get set, the storm were always safely out of their 20, i think the roosters held them there once (?). Its quite a difference to the Warriors wingers batter up the middle that you saw on sat. Mostly it was forwards running the ball with the odd injection from other players. Its something that the 6 again penalties and the quick play of the ball favours. This leaves you wingers that have the energy to run when opportunity shows.
I wonder if it is the missing element to unleashing the backs of the warriors. Especially Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

I watched the Storm Roosters after the warriors game. the biggest difference to me was that the storm would shift it early, like first and second play. This forced the roosters to spread their team right at the start so that even if they pulled the six again on the first to allow them to get set, the storm were always safely out of their 20, i think the roosters held them there once (?). Its quite a difference to the Warriors wingers batter up the middle that you saw on sat. Mostly it was forwards running the ball with the odd injection from other players. Its something that the 6 again penalties and the quick play of the ball favours. This leaves you wingers that have the energy to run when opportunity shows.
I wonder if it is the missing element to unleashing the backs of the warriors. Especially Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

We tried spreading it wide to Fusitua early against the Broncos, he still got driven back. Probably room for him to go even wider though, since he was generally taking it about three men in.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
We tried spreading it wide to Fusitua early against the Broncos, he still got driven back. Probably room for him to go even wider though, since he was generally taking it about three men in.
yea i was looking for points of difference and this was the most obvious of them iMO. I am aware that since the rule change for 6 again, all teams are travelling up the field much faster, i just felt that this quick and early movement was creating gaps in the defending structure that they would then take advantage of. So while not totally necessary, it might be just the thing to give a reprieve to the backs and allow them space and time to chime in on. BTW its also more risky and broke down a few times as well.

Have we done the clean sweep of Queensland clubs in one year before?
With the 3 teams in the comp.
Dunno if we have done the triple.
The famous 2002 side defeated the Broncos and the Cowboys twice each.
We never played the Titans that season.
Reading that Season is depressing, maybe we need to get Daniel Anderson back, that side and the year after dominated.

Dunno if we have done the triple.
The famous 2002 side defeated the Broncos and the Cowboys twice each.
We never played the Titans that season.
Reading that Season is depressing, maybe we need to get Daniel Anderson back, that side and the year after dominated.
Hi Sup .Havent seen me old cobber Surfin for a while hope hes Ok

Reactions: Sup42

I noticed the one time he did run in the Rabbitohs game a couple of weeks back it was because he well and truly caught the markers not square and it was really frustrating that the ref let play continue.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I agree with your point that with good service and momentum, Egan doesn't need to do the sexy dummy half running stuff, but it's good to know he can do it so he's not too predicable. But getting that service going bang-bang-bang is his number one thing.

He only needs to run a couple of times a game. Just keep hammering them with props one and two off the ruck, and eventually the markers will get lazy.
We saw that in the Brisbane game. Egan passed all night, made two(ish) DH runs and then hit that barge over to put us in the window for the win. Thats knowing your craft...

Status
Not open for further replies.