Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 13 - Manly vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noitall

Noitall

for me the backline stays the same, the question mark crew, Herbert, Jennings and Pompey all went well. I still prefer Herbert as a Centre for no particular reason, but he is going well.
I reckon Herbert looks a natural centre with his defensive reads. Makes some strong one on one tackles rushing in. Could be dangerous as a winger if he gets beaten and leaves the outside open. I hope they resign him and persevere with him.

Reactions: 16 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Let's give Perham a crack on the wing. Jennings offers nothing of value to the team. Hayze needs the minutes, he is more suited to a hybrid wing fullback role than centre. Tom Ale is another I would love to see come off the bench to add some impact and spark either side of halftime. We need to blood these youngsters so they are primed for 2021.
Id hold off on Perham, our edges are so porous that another rookie could easily result in us giving up 50pts on the edges.

At this stage probably could give Ale Blair's spot on the bench, Adams not doing anything with it..

Reactions: 7 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Talk me through how you’re going to use that bench mate? Is AK having a run at 9? How you gonna use Murchie?
I will use murchie in front riw and backup second row forward so we can have more explosive punch from our front rows. Adam Keighran as a utility halves, centre, pinch at 9? I think he could as good a job as egan right now?

Reactions: 4 users

Billy Teets James

My thinking also is to help out Jamayne Tounua-Brown who has had a massive work rate this season?
Man, I was dissing him for having no impact in his runs.
Plenty of effort in his tackles. But he'd fall off or get driven back & need someone else to assist him.

His first full season of first grade & the rigours of the NRL are starting to wear him out.

He's still trying, He's into everything. So I apologise to the big fulla.
I would rest him for a week. Play Murchie & bring him back the week after

I know we're not in a position to rest players.
But I think the young fulla needs it.

Reactions: 8 users
ArtySubs

ArtySubs

Curran looked mean in that Indigenous/Maori game, is there a reason he doesn’t get a run? Serious question.

Reactions: 3 users
Tragic

Tragic

I like Perham but I dont know what his position is? Seems maybe Fullback could be his best position, anyone want to put Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the Wing and give Perham some minutes at FB from the bench? Better than playing him out of position just to get him time and seeing him struggle.
Otherwise could put Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on for Jamayne Tounua-Brown and he can do his hitups from up front instead of from the back.

• Wow

rocketman

They are not going to make the top eight so why would you not just use this time to see how fringe players go and stop fucking around with loan players any game time they get is surely an advantage to next year and the new coach to see how they line up .There may not be a NSW Cup next season either .

Last edited:
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Curran looked mean in that Indigenous/Maori game, is there a reason he doesn’t get a run? Serious question.

Defence wasn't his strength early on. I can only assume the coaches have not seen enough improvement there.

Reactions: 5 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Man, I was dissing him for having no impact in his runs.
Plenty of effort in his tackles. But he'd fall off or get driven back & need someone else to assist him.

His first full season of first grade & the rigours of the NRL are starting to wear him out.

He's still trying, He's into everything. So I apologise to the big fulla.
I would rest him for a week. Play Murchie & bring him back the week after

I know we're not in a position to rest players.
But I think the young fulla needs it.

How much is the lack of Canterbury Cup pushing the issue of keeping on playing rookies? An in ideal world, you'd spell someone like Jamayne Tounua-Brown back in CC for a week or two at least a couple of times (performances permitting as well as injuries to other etc) in his first season as his body gets used to the NRL.

The whole "he's training the house down" thing is a bit like telling a golfer to play mini-golf to tune up and then wondering why the hell he's here at Augusta smacking all his drives into the water or out of bounds.

Have to say I think all the rookies have been very good for us so far. Although, of course, it's Season 2 that will be the real test of their desire, etc.

Reactions: 5 users
ArtySubs

ArtySubs

If you havent seen him lately. He's 9 months pregnant , Bro.
Truly? That’s a shame although some of those indigenous players have that body shape ie Craigie, Webb, Beatson didn’t stop them playing quality footy, or is it just straight up lazy?

Reactions: 1 users

Swanny

Let's give Perham a crack on the wing. Jennings offers nothing of value to the team. Hayze needs the minutes, he is more suited to a hybrid wing fullback role than centre. Tom Ale is another I would love to see come off the bench to add some impact and spark either side of halftime. We need to blood these youngsters so they are primed for 2021.

Perham doesn't have the strength to carry the ball back on tackle 1 & 2. His ability to carry the ball back was one of the reasons why Herbert was placed on the wing. Someone like Turner would have the pace and build to be blooded there

Reactions: 1 users
Blain

Blain

Perham doesn't have the strength to carry the ball back on tackle 1 & 2. His ability to carry the ball back was one of the reasons why Herbert was placed on the wing. Someone like Turner would have the pace and build to be blooded there

I think this is a Warriors myth. To'o, Nofoaluma, Addo-Carr, Rapana are all small build wingers who are in the top tier. Catching the high ball is the biggest thing a make shift winger would have to adjust too.

I'm not saying Perham should be on the wing, just saying.

Reactions: 11 users

Swanny

I think this is a Warriors myth. To'o, , Addo-Carr, Rapana are all small build wingers who are in the top tier. Catching the high ball is the biggest thing a make shift winger would have to adjust too.

I'm not saying Perham should be on the wing, just saying.

To'o and Rapana are both over 100kg, Nofoaluma 96kg. Perham and Addo-Carr are closest at 91 and 88kg respectively, but Addo-Carr obviously has the extreme pace.

The Warriors are far from alone in using large wingers to carry early on in sets

wrighty

This is just a general observation about us and not the Warriors. Today there was a ton of traffic on this site and a ton of posts. We all deserve medals for being the most loyal fans in the world. Our team finished 13th last year and this is year is on track for something similar. Yet we are full of love and support for the team. Never been a part of a fan base like this. Kia Kaha to all of you.

Reactions: 22 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

This is just a general observation about us and not the Warriors. Today there was a ton of traffic on this site and a ton of posts. We all deserve medals for being the most loyal fans in the world. Our team finished 13th last year and this is year is on track for something similar. Yet we are full of love and support for the team. Never been a part of a fan base like this. Kia Kaha to all of you.

Just wait till we go on a winning streak .
This place is like a ghost town .
We only come on here to whinge an pick fights
Biggest bunch of miserable bastards I know .

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Billy Teets James

Truly? That’s a shame although some of those indigenous players have that body shape ie Craigie, Webb, Beatson didn’t stop them playing quality footy, or is it just straight up lazy?
To me it's lazy. Shocking to see him in the shape he is in.
Also, Why did the club let allow him to get so out of shape? Chill in his room and order everything on the menu ? Lol.

bangbros18

bangbros18

Just wait till we go on a winning streak .
This place is like a ghost town .
We only come on here to whinge an pick fights
Biggest bunch of miserable bastards I know .
I'll still be here sipping cups of tea!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.