Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 12 - Tigers vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 12 - Tigers vs Warriors

Tigers 1

After the Round 11 game against the Sydney Roosters at Central Coast Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 12 game against the Wests Tigers at Sydney Cricket Ground?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

pompower

pompower

I’d like to see Roache onthe bench. Lawton showed today how effective a running hookercan be so a

Lawton /Roache combo appeals.

Lawton ran for 50 metres. I'm not sure how much of a point that really proves tbh. He was one of our best, for sure, and we were much worse when he went off but I think that's more to do with him being an experienced hooker and Chanel Harris-Tavita not being one. Effective running game wasn't my take-away. The biggest problem when he went off was that we lost our dominance in the ruck and stopped winning the middle -- that's what Egan is best at imo. I'd honestly wager that if Egan was available today and we split duties between him and Lawton, we may have actually won that game.

Reactions: 1 users
Fonzies Tram Line

Fonzies Tram Line

I’d like to see Roache onthe bench. Lawton showed today how effective a running hookercan be so a

Lawton /Roache combo appeals.

is Roache available now? could be an interesting option.

side note - I wonder what his little brother Paul is up to since leaving the raiders to return to Auckland? (he's gone back to the dark side)

Last edited:

Old Sid

If Keighran is abvailable, I'd like to see him in the halves at the expense of Green, rather than at centre. Be it 6 or 7... Nikorima sharing halves duties.

No CTH, I feel he was a very big disappointment today and one of the main reasons for change of momentum.

Reactions: 2 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Hiku to wing is probably the best we can do. Would rather see him there than Beale/Pompey or Herbert. Can't persist with Niko and Hiku defending side by side.

Last edited:
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
side note - I wonder what his little brother Paul is up to since leaving the raiders to return to Auckland? (he's gone back to the dark side)
At Ponsonby rugby and Akld too. I was speaking to a MAGs staff member who said that he rated Paulie Roache as the best 1st XV rugby player at MAGs, more so than His brother, Isiah Papali’i and Caleb Clarke. I think he is also in the police force and that has been his focus.

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

I would rather they picked Beale over Hiku, he doesnt offer a lot but he can at least defend

Knowing Payten, he'll have Hiku in there somewhere - at least on the wing he can hide a bit more on defence. Either way that left edge will probably get picked apart by Benji and Nofoaluma.

Reactions: 1 user
jonesy101

jonesy101

Time to start looking to the future and phase out those who are not in next years plans. Also worth seeing how well these loan players gel with the key squad members and the young guys hungry for a new contract:

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Herbert
3. Keighran
4. Perham
5. Jennings
6. Nikorima
7. Harris-Tavita
8. Taunoa-Brown
9. Egan
10. Heatherington
11. Katoa
12. Harris
13. Tevaga
14. Lawton
15. Murchie
16. Alvaro
17. Papalii

18. Green
20. Hiku
21. Blair
22. Burr

Payten is fighting for a coaching contract though so is unlikely to make such wholesale changes.

Reactions: 4 users

the borg

Looking forward to the next few weeks without Ken and co ... I'm over the big wing Manu type players.. opportunity for Peyton to play around with the backline maybe AK to return etc..... not to fussed about the team this week so be interesting from now on..

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.