Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get on board with AK to centre.

He was pushed out to centre playing in a stacked NSW Cup side that could have had two Kata's and Hiku's standing next to each other in defence and still win.

I don't think he's anywhere near being capable of defending in the centres in first grade.

Then again neither is Hiku soooo....we're fucked.
We need a goal kicker. Luke only plays have a game, and Lisone isn't on the radar anymore.

With Nikormia coming into the side to provide seasoned halves experience and the fact that Roache and Harris are capable of shifting to the centres, Harris to standoff, Hiku to the wing or fullback mid-game it means there is absolutely no need to play an extra back on the bench, giving absolutely no excuse for Sao not to be getting a bench spot as the impact forward we desperately need. A 7 minute stint so far is insulting to his ability as a ball player - he is in his prime years and has shown he is capable. Pulu should not be far off either.

The starting 13 can pick itself but what I want to see this week is a proper bench for full impact.

Last edited:
So we're wedging him into centre purely because goalkicking and not because he improves the team?

What's the point of having a goalkicker if you're actively making your team worse to the point where goalkicks probably won't decide the game?
How do we know he'll make the team worse? Hiku is a very weak defender, so AK is probably not any worse there. And AK has been playing in the halves, so he can probably do an equal job of working plays and distributing at center to what Hiku does as well. Plus he's a 90% goal kicker, of which Hiku certainly is not.

He might possibly make the team better.

Either way Hiku will get to spend some time in Reserves working on his tackling technique, while rookies get their chance in the FG team. That will definitely make the team better in the long run.

Have to admit I'd be curious to see how maumalo went on an edge.
Ftr I think he's been close to our best this season playing on the wing but we are desperate for an edge forward and he could be a revelation (might be a bust too but the season was over before it started so what we got to lose?).
I'm not sure why we're playing hiku center and Beale wing? Seems obvious to me their skill sets are better suited the other way round.
I don't know if this is the team I'd pick but I'd be interested to see it go round-

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Hiku
Beale
Herbert
Fusitua
Green
Nikorima

Blair
Luke
Passi
Maumalo
Harris
sao

Lawton
Ahmau
Afoa
Papalii

This team seems to get picked based on how much they earn not on form. Trying to squeeze blood out of a stone with some of these muppets I reckon.
Just goes to show how much moneys been wasted. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same old, like Kata and co back in, since a weaker team like the knights flogged us.
Pierce showed us we lack a General in the halves and speed.
So who gets picked .... F#*k ..what other options is there...

Reactions: Worried2Death
How do we know he'll make the team worse? Hiku is a very weak defender, so AK is probably not any worse there. And AK has been playing in the halves, so he can probably do an equal job of working plays and distributing at center to what Hiku does as well. Plus he's a 90% goal kicker, of which Hiku certainly is not.

He might possibly make the team better.

Either way Hiku will get to spend some time in Reserves working on his tackling technique, while rookies get their chance in the FG team. That will definitely make the team better in the long run.

How do we know picking Joe John Jimmy out of the Coogabara Panthers U20's won't work unless we try it?

Extreme example, but the point is you don't just throw shit against a wall and hope it sticks. There has to be some basis of reasoning behind the decision rather than he kicks goals so we'll wedge him in somewhere for reasons.

Hiku will never make the team better in the long run, I suspect neither will AK. Pretty sure that centre spot this year is fucked regardless (along with the team in general).

How do we know picking Joe John Jimmy out of the Coogabara Panthers U20's won't work unless we try it?

Extreme example, but the point is you don't just throw shit against a wall and hope it sticks. There has to be some basis of reasoning behind the decision rather than he kicks goals so we'll wedge him in somewhere for reasons.

Hiku will never make the team better in the long run, I suspect neither will AK. Pretty sure that centre spot this year is fucked regardless (along with the team in general).
I don't think despair is the way forward. Hiku isn't going to become anything amazing in the NRL. He's not interested in tackling. So ship him off to superleague sooner rather than later, and let the Ginger have a shot at making something of himself.

Surely that's better.

The biggest thing Kearney can do is give up on his small bench and go with big bodies. We have persevered with a small bench because none of the small players can last 80 minutes. Roache and Luke both compensating each other for a lack of match fitness and putting the rest of the team under pressure as a result. If someone isn’t match fit, keep putting them in ISP for the full 80 minutes to get a run around.

And don’t use up a seat on the bench for backline injury cover. Getting an injury in the backs is a lower likelihood than getting bitched in the forwards

Reactions: Viking
Happy about Kata demotion and herbert has done a sterling job defensively and offensively. We now need to look at Hiku and also replace him. I'm always conflicted about him but man hes such a shit defender. No way he makes up for it in his attack, it's not that great. Surely a chance to see someone with speed and youth there or someone like Beale.

Reactions: Off The Bench
The biggest thing Kearney can do is give up on his small bench and go with big bodies. We have persevered with a small bench because none of the small players can last 80 minutes. Roache and Luke both compensating each other for a lack of match fitness and putting the rest of the team under pressure as a result. If someone isn’t match fit, keep putting them in ISP for the full 80 minutes to get a run around.

And don’t use up a seat on the bench for backline injury cover. Getting an injury in the backs is a lower likelihood than getting bitched in the forwards

Pulu played center at the Titans when injuries hit, and didnt do too bad a job.
I've been surprised he hasn't at least made the bench as forward and back cover this year.
But you get the feeling Pulu, Sao and Lawton aren't in Kearneys long term plans for the Warriors

Tohu Harris kills it on the right in 2018. Underwhelming on the left in 2019. Plays one game on the right in 2019 and looks every bit like did last year. So where do you think he should play Stephen??

You want to keep him on the left don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.