Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2019 Rnd 7 - Storm vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaggedJ

Keep the same team, bringing in new guys for the Storm on a short turnaround is just throwing them to the wolves.

Let the likes of Greedy, Slowmalo, Adam Meh and Haiku get exposed one more time by smarter and faster opponents. Then make the wholesale changes.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

I have to disagree with people saying to sit new guys out because this will be a thrashing.

Let them experience the standard they need to reach, best case scenario they perform well, worst case they get the thrashing everyone is expecting anyway. Trial by fire.

Reactions: 5 users

wrighty

grow some stones Kearney and make some changes

you will not last your 3 year contract dude if you keep persisting with some of these average selections !
This is basically the coles notes version of my long post. I agree 100% with you warriors4eva.

JaggedJ

I have to disagree with people saying to sit new guys out because this will be a thrashing.

Let them experience the standard they need to reach, best case scenario they perform well, worst case they get the thrashing everyone is expecting anyway. Trial by fire.

Not on a short turnaround.

NSW Cup played in Canberra today. Recovery tomorrow, take a day out for travelling to Melbourne, you're not going to have a full on hit out the day before a game.

If we had a full week preparation then it would be one thing, but throwing them in cold with barely any preparation against the best is nuts.

Reactions: 7 users

wrighty

If we get green back then we won't get thrashed against Melbourne for two reasons:

1) Melbourne will find it very hard to get motivated to work up a sweat against us after we looked like the key stone cops this week.

2) In the middle of the shit fest on Friday was some good goal line defence. We seem to have figured out that part of the game at the moment.

Melbourne to win by less than 13

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Is the problem with Katas defence that hes defending with Blair? Does he not trust him? I watched him put Fusitua over the line with a great pass and if Blair hadn't cocked it up it was a dead set try. I still think hes the best centre we have (which kinda sucks) but each and every player is only as good as the meat around him and Blair is like meat rotting on the branch and spoiling more each game.

Blair bugs me as he was brought in for his professional attitude and experience in big game situations. He should be leading the team around not standing on the field like a star struck fan.

Oh and where is the speed supposed to come form? or should I say who? Kata looks the fastest out of the centres and wings out there. God knows there will be no more runaways on the left edge.

Hiku gets a pass as hes played twice now out of position as a last gasp resort. I really dont know why people expect him to be great in this role. His role is centre and occasionally fullback, both of which he does adequately. Moving him in as a half was always going to be a last gasp thing. IMO they should have had AK there as this is what he is training to do, but its to late now.

This week with Blair back we should see some normality and with the resurgence of some decent defence seen during the weekend and the new all across the park attack, (thanks Shaun Johnson), I am picking a much improved looking team.

Then again I'm going to this game and I have to look for some positives or I might as well flush my tickets now.

Makasene

Makasene

1. We
  2. Are
  3. Going
  4. To
  5. Get
  6. Absolutely
  7. Butt
  8. Fucked
  9. By
  10. A
  11. Team
  12. That
  13. Kearney
  14. Spent
  15. Years
  16. At
  17. And
  18. Learned
  19. Nothing
  20. Sao

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
OMG

OMG

The administration and Coaching of this side is amateurish at best.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Fusitua - Fucked if I know what they were thinking puting Kata next to him
3 Beale - Solid experienced left hand side should help compensate any defensive weakness Ken may have in closer.
4 Hiku - gotta take the bad with the good but the lack of quality ball Fusitua is getting suggests he needs to go to the right again and I dont think there is any better atm.
5 Milne - Plays wing just fine a good defender
6 Green - Back to the left, shouldn't have been moved in the 1st place.
7 Chanel Harris-Tavita - The best lefty Ive seen was Lockyer and he played right handside, Chanel Harris-Tavita should have a natural bullet left to right capable of hitting Fusitua from miles away and be better defensively.
8 Burr - Getting better every week but is a Prop
9 Luke - Needs to up accountability in regards to our defensive middle.
10 Afoa - Dominant prop, Kearney is wasting him.
Maumalo- too many fundamental positional issues on the wing, unsure of how he would handle the D, but could be a real POD in a bit closer running holes at halves.
Harris- If we had another decent backrower I'd put the 13 on him because of his creativity but he is definitely part of the equation to unlock Fusitua again.
Sao- Should be playing every week, his absence is puzzling can ball play.

Lawton- best defensive hooker we have imo
Paasi- Impact player not starter
Ah Mao - Steadying influence, not dominant enough to start imo
Papaalii- they probably should start looking at Prop for this kid as his natural spread is going to make him too heavy and not agile enough for backrow, this spot could easily be the unlucky Pulu.

Reactions: 2 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Is the problem with Katas defence that hes defending with Blair? Does he not trust him? I watched him put Fusitua over the line with a great pass

A great pass that even my 5yr old could do. Hardly anything to brag home about.

The problem with Kata is the missing two inches upstairs. That simple.

Blair is a whole different problem.

Reactions: 5 users

wrighty

The administration and Coaching of this side is amateurish at best.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Fusitua - Fucked if I know what they were thinking puting Kata next to him
3 Beale - Solid experienced left hand side should help compensate any defensive weakness Ken may have in closer.
4 Hiku - gotta take the bad with the good but the lack of quality ball Fusitua is getting suggests he needs to go to the right again and I dont think there is any better atm.
5 Milne - Plays wing just fine a good defender
6 Green - Back to the left, shouldn't have been moved in the 1st place.
7 Chanel Harris-Tavita - The best lefty Ive seen was Lockyer and he played right handside, Chanel Harris-Tavita should have a natural bullet left to right capable of hitting Fusitua from miles away and be better defensively.
8 Burr - Getting better every week but is a Prop
9 Luke - Needs to up accountability in regards to our defensive middle.
10 Afoa - Dominant prop, Kearney is wasting him.
Maumalo- too many fundamental positional issues on the wing, unsure of how he would handle the D, but could be a real POD in a bit closer running holes at halves.
Harris- If we had another decent backrower I'd put the 13 on him because of his creativity but he is definitely part of the equation to unlock Fusitua again.
Sao- Should be playing every week, his absence is puzzling can ball play.

Lawton- best defensive hooker we have imo
Paasi- Impact player not starter
Ah Mao - Steadying influence, not dominant enough to start imo
Papaalii- they probably should start looking at Prop for this kid as his natural spread is going to make him too heavy and not agile enough for backrow, this spot could easily be the unlucky Pulu.
I really like a number of features of this team, the forwards more so than the backs. Burr to prop would help give to quality props on the bench, Sao to 13 would give us extra forward depth.

Reactions: 1 users
ryno

ryno

A great pass that even my 5yr old could do. Hardly anything to brag home about.

The problem with Kata is the missing two inches upstairs. That simple.

Blair is a whole different problem.

If Kata was in an RPG game:

Class: Warrior
Special Ability: Berserk mode (+25 in strength attribute but during berserk state cant be controlled)

Strength: 65
Dexterity: 32
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 2
Charisma: 15

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Blain

Blain

It will the the same side, with Hiku back at centre, Green in a and Beale on the wing. That's it.

Saw a good article before, Roache and Luke were on the field for 56 minutes combined, meaning Tevaga was hooker for 24 minutes. That is fucking stupid in itself, but to do this with a 3rd game rookie at 7 and a centre at 6 is off this planet crazy. He then blames composure and ability to finish plays, how about you look in the mirror and ask yourself what sort of shit game plan you had for this game?? Look at it on paper, it was never going to work;

6 Hiku
7 Chanel Harris-Tavita
9 Tevaga

If Luke was fit for 80, Hiku and Chanel Harris-Tavita might have worked because Luke can kick and give some experience to the spine. But, if he can only play 30 minutes, we needed another half with Chanel Harris-Tavita. I think AK might have been injured? Pewhairangi is an experienced playmaker in ISP however.

I would personally like to see;

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Fusitua/Perham
Beale
Hiku
Maumalo
Chanel Harris-Tavita
Green/AK
Paasi
Luke
Blair (give him the first 30, make him run the ball a couple times straight)
Harris
Papalii
Tavaga (No Hooker time - at all)

Roache
Ah Mau (Him and Afoa would be great off the bench at the 20 and 30 minute mark)
Afoa
Burr

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

JaggedJ

Tevaga playing hooker is the only way to justify his spot in the team.

He can't play 60 minutes a week and not be at hooker because that means we're small balling it for 60 minutes. SK isn't willing to go that far therefore he plays hooker so SK can get the maximum jazz hand possible.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

warriorsfan92

A4A90CEF FA67 472E 8483 FA1758B5CC84

Heard Kata dropped, Herbert centre, Beale in for Fusitua at wing (injured)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

JaggedJ

Herbert and Perham were both left out of ISP after previously being named. Assumed they might have been fighting for Fusitua' spot.

Kata being dropped.....can only hope it's not one of those "he took his dropping well and played his way back in after a single ISP game" type axings.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.