Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 9 - Warriors vs Tigers

If both fit who is your halfback For the Tigers game?

• Mason Lino

• Shaun Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

Horses for courses.
Jazz isn’t really a fast track player is he. You need a hooker with a good pass and is fast out of dummy half. However if it’s a wet pitch and it’s more one out sort of hit ups I would have Jazz coming off the bench.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Lawton played 70mins at hooker and setup the first try with a nice play cutting back in behind the ruck for Satae.
You'd think that gives an indication as to who'll be playing at 9 next week? Although Mr Kearney is generally loyal to players, which will benefit Cook and / or Lino.

Reactions: 1 users
Aman

Aman

If the storm game was a test of how far we’ve come then the Tigers will be a test of how far we’ve fallen

Reactions: 1 user

wrighty

After Wayne Bennett out foxed us, I was like ok but only one team has him masterminding their success.
But wait, Bellamy's game plan with the Storm destroyed us.
So I was like ok that is just those two coaches, but wait there is more, this week we have Ivan Cleary who is equally skilled in hatching a devillish plan for us.

There is no hiding in the NRL.

Reactions: 2 users

Snoopy

Are there any games/teams in the Nrl 2018 that can be seen as a safe 2 points. Parra are bottom of the table and beat Tigers today.

We will have a tough game against the Tigers after their 2 losses.

warriors4eva

Is there really a debate between Johnson and Lino?

believe it or not there was one on here last week before the storm game !

crazy talk lol ! Johnsons fit he plays, and seeing he has had 3 weeks off by the time the game rolls around , he should be a definite to play !

Reactions: 1 user

warriors4eva

Are there any games/teams in the Nrl 2018 that can be seen as a safe 2 points. Parra are bottom of the table and beat Tigers today.

We will have a tough game against the Tigers after their 2 losses.

Parra had to come right, had them in my picks the last 2 weeks

Tigers will be tough, but every team in this comp is !

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
so does tigers losing help or hinder the warriors cause on Sat?

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
so does tigers losing help or hinder the warriors cause on Sat?
Hinder most likely, no team in the top 8 wants to lose 3 in a row and especially not uncle Ivan against the Warriors.

Players often talk about liking a short turn around after a heavy loss, so the hurt is still fresh in the mind. So will be interesting to see where our heads are at with 10 days to think about it, could be a Broncs game or a Dragons game. Upside for us is the extra time to get the major injuries and niggles extra rest.

Both teams miss alot of tackles, but scramble well. Both give away a lot of penalties also. Our attack is probably better, but the loss of Luke could even that out.

WarriorBall

One News is reporting that Karl Lawton is a strong chance to play hooker against the Tigers which makes sense, I wasn't sure if he was in our top 30 squad so I guess it answers that question.

A few news outlets have updated our injury list suggesting Beale will be ready for round 9 so someone maybe squeezed out but I'm expecting something close to:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Solomone Kata
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
9. Karl Lawton
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Tohu Harris
12. Simon Mannering
13. Adam Blair

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Sam Lisone
17. Anthony Gelling

18. Isaiah Papali'i
19. Tevita Satae
20. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
21. Mason Lino

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Hinder most likely, no team in the top 8 wants to lose 3 in a row and especially not uncle Ivan against the Warriors.

Players often talk about liking a short turn around after a heavy loss, so the hurt is still fresh in the mind. So will be interesting to see where our heads are at with 10 days to think about it, could be a Broncs game or a Dragons game. Upside for us is the extra time to get the major injuries and niggles extra rest.

Both teams miss alot of tackles, but scramble well. Both give away a lot of penalties also. Our attack is probably better, but the loss of Luke could even that out.
the other thing is the Tigers were here only a few weeks ago, so know what the trip is like, accommodation, the ground etc

they certainly won't be under-prepared. We are in for a tough, but very winnable game

Reactions: 2 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
the other thing is the Tigers were here only a few weeks ago, so know what the trip is like, accommodation, the ground etc

they certainly won't be under-prepared. We are in for a tough, but very winnable game

Tigers have that annoying ability to stick close and turn it on, all of their losses have been tight. Hope this is the game we finally let loose and pile on some points

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Tigers have that annoying ability to stick close and turn it on, all of their losses have been tight. Hope this is the game we finally let loose and pile on some points
it would be a great confidence boost if we could do that after coming off the thrashing against the storm.

to be honest I'll be happy with a 1 point win as long as its a solid performance

Old Sid

And seem to rely on the fact that they can always fling it around and ride their luck, wriggle around like crazy on the ground and expect penalties and revert to the old 5 up and boot it into the air and hope for a fumble. Not expecting anything different than this from them. We cannot afford to be brought down to their level. Wee have to be clinical, professional and not get dragged into a wrestle.

Reactions: 4 users

Old Sid

One News is reporting that Karl Lawton is a strong chance to play hooker against the Tigers which makes sense, I wasn't sure if he was in our top 30 squad so I guess it answers that question.

A few news outlets have updated our injury list suggesting Beale will be ready for round 9 so someone maybe squeezed out but I'm expecting something close to:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Solomone Kata
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
9. Karl Lawton
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Tohu Harris
12. Simon Mannering
13. Adam Blair

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Sam Lisone
17. Anthony Gelling

18. Isaiah Papali'i
19. Tevita Satae
20. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
21. Mason Lino

Old Sid

I'd go Papali'i and Sao for 16 and 17. With these bench changes, I'm feeling that is our strongest team at this point and waaaaaay stronger than the Tigz.

Status
Not open for further replies.