Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 9 - Warriors vs Tigers

If both fit who is your halfback For the Tigers game?

• Mason Lino

• Shaun Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Freak

Brisbane Broncos Bench Player
It's important that Kearney doesn't go into panic mode and start making mass changes for this game.

Bring back in the regulars that were missing through injury and replace the injured players from the Storm game, but apart from that the rest of the side should remain the same. The guys should be given a chance to make up for their abysmal performance against the Storm.

It's important that Kearney doesn't go into panic mode and start making mass changes for this game.

Bring back in the regulars that were missing through injury and replace the injured players from the Storm game, but apart from that the rest of the side should remain the same. The guys should be given a chance to make up for their abysmal performance against the Storm.
Does Kearney have a panic mode? Do you know this from his time with your guys?

Cause it's hard to tell looking at him in the coaches box what emotional mode he's in.

We may need to make one of these for Kearney to figure out his mood for a given day.

EmotionsofFedor.jpg

I'd like the next hooker to step up and deliver like we've seen so many other players step up this season.

I honestly don't know who that's gonna be tho.

Lawton's name is being thrown around a lot ATM. Then there's cook, who might get a run in his preferred position. And lest we forget the ever present Jazz man, who never lets us down with his go hard or if you can't go hard just smash em attitude.

Will be an interesting selection for sure.

Quality service, or solid defense? I'm usually all in for a good defender, but that's just me.

And when you consider how many tries we've scored over the years after the ball has bounced along the ground maybe bad service is a good thing? Set plays can be examined, pulled apart, anally inspected,,,,, but it's very hard to predict the bounce of the ball when the Mt Smart crowd is losing their shit.

Reactions: CHURCUZ

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Has the Warriors ever beaten a Cleary team? Just like Cleary knows how to beat the Storm he also knows how to beat the Warriors. The Uncle Ivan factor alone is worth points...

We won the first 1 in 2012 30-16
Otherwise overall it’s 6-2 in Cleary favour (or 7-3 if you count preseason)

Reactions: mt.wellington

move lino to hooker done.

Stalefish540

Contributor
I'd like the next hooker to step up and deliver like we've seen so many other players step up this season.

I honestly don't know who that's gonna be tho.

Lawton's name is being thrown around a lot ATM. Then there's cook, who might get a run in his preferred position. And lest we forget the ever present Jazz man, who never lets us down with his go hard or if you can't go hard just smash em attitude.

Will be an interesting selection for sure.

Quality service, or solid defense? I'm usually all in for a good defender, but that's just me.

And when you consider how many tries we've scored over the years after the ball has bounced along the ground maybe bad service is a good thing? Set plays can be examined, pulled apart, anally inspected,,,,, but it's very hard to predict the bounce of the ball when the Mt Smart crowd is losing their shit.
In terms of balance surely Tevaga misses out altogether while Luke is injured. You need good service in the NRL, it's a non negotiable for your attack to function with any fluidity. Cook and Lawton should be sharing minutes, with Sao/Papali'i to be the 17 covering lock and edge.

8. Afoa
9. Cook
10. Paasi
11. Mannering
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Lawton
15. Gavet
16. Lisone (yuck)
17. Papali'i/Sao

Or

8. Paasi
9. Cook
10. Blair
11. Papali'i
12. Harris
13. Mannering

14. Lawton
15. Gavet
16. Afoa
17. Sao

Either setup means we don't need Tevaga while Luke is injured surely??

wrighty

I am not quite sure how until I watch more replays but I have unwavering suspicion that Lisone is behind the loss to the storm due to his impact on our line speed.

As long as he is dropped I will be happy with who we trundle out next Saturday.

That said Cook looked poor in the limited number of minutes he got in games one and two of the season.

Reactions: Beastmode
Given it was about 30 nil by the time he got on the field, I'm gonna suggest we can't quite blame this one on him
The whole team was playing like Sam. It was a shit show.

He definitely needs a spell in reserves. Bring in someone who will inspire his mates to go hard on defense.

I wonder what Kata goes like at right center?

His left to right bullet passes from dummy half might be his preference?

Him and Fusitua are a good combo of low down power and aerial mastery.. And he'd draw defenders away from Shaun Johnson as well as pulling defenders out from the middle.

Him and Gelling are our two quickest centers after all, so it would be nice to have them both on the park for that reason.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Weather was a real leveller today. Thought Sau probably one of our busiest. Handling was quite good with the slippery-as-soap ball. Lawton steady in the conditions - no real standouts in the conditions though.

Who played at hooker?

Interesting that 2 ex Warriors hookers are playing okay in the NRL at the moment ,Godinet and Havilli. I rate both ahead of Cook. Haven't seen enough of Lawton to make a judgement.

Reactions: Defence
Status
Not open for further replies.