Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 4 - Roosters vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorBall

I fully expect to lose both Blair and Lisone

Adam Blair will be free to play, he has previous loading from non-similar offences but his current charge only carries 90 points with the early guilty plea (you need 100 points to miss a game).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

If Lisone is suspended I'd bring Vete or Satae in.

If Mannering is fit I'd bring him in for Sao or Paasi

Reactions: 1 user
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

3-0 is a good start.

4-0 is the perfect challenge and up against a stacked and in form chookies unit.

But we better get the lube out coz the refs are gana want a booty call after what they did to us last week.

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
You've "Bought In" :D
Well, Im starting to. Still a part of me that won't believe it until we make the 8 or better. Been burnt far too many times in the last few years...

Reactions: 6 users
Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

Lisone getting suspended for that would mean that Aaron Woods can't play an NRL game until the year 3050. He must take 200 hit ups a season where he lifts his elbow like that. Never had a citing for it.

Reactions: 5 users
Sup42

Sup42

JWH can be a bit of a bully ( many have said it here).

He doesn't like being taken on head on. There is a soft underbelly to exploit if you make that guy work overtime in defence.

He is lazy off the ball.

I'd run Bunty and Lisone at him, step and tuck your chin in as his lazy arm rides up.

JWH is a very good player though and ball in hand he is a different animal.

The Roosters push the rules and hold the tackled player down.
We've taken to using the same tactic.

This game could be ugly with Penalty madness.

Twelve on Twelve is on the cards.

A share of possession sees the Warriors win this game in the late stages the Roosters will crack.

Reactions: 6 users

Penpal

Yup Shaun Johnson wasn't setting the world on fire for most of the game but he stepped up in fine enough fashion to get most of us on here to stop calling him out to run the fucking ball instead of what he was doing.

I'm expecting the team to absolutely raise the bar this week.

Like Shaun Johnson said after the game "no one gave us a chance out here."

All the experts will pick roosters. We will pick our boys. They have belief in themselves and that's lethal given we have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck Shaun Johnson and Fusitua as strike weapons and even G.Reedy can score a try so we'll be up for this challenge.

Was thinking he was very ineffective too but tbf he got through a lot of work on d and would have been very fatigued. To come back and win that game was quite incredible with the effort that was expended in the first 30mins so I'm actually fine with Johnson's effort. He made some crucial tackles early

Reactions: 3 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Was thinking he was very ineffective too but tbf he got through a lot of work on d and would have been very fatigued. To come back and win that game was quite incredible with the effort that was expended in the first 30mins so I'm actually fine with Johnson's effort. He made some crucial tackles early

Good point. They sent a lot his way so for him to take the money shots was great.

leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

It's going to be a very tough one. The Rorters have seamlessly played themselves into some form if the Knights game is anything to go by. Keary and Cronk are finally looking like they are clicking into gear. Their sweeping attack looks really solid, as well as their defence.

We have started the season well but I think that this weekend is where our streak ends unfortunately. The Rorters will have too much class. I have a feeling we're going to get pinged all day by the refs and be on the receiving end of a lop sided penalty count.

All I ask is that the guys continue to put in 100% effort and play with heart for the full 80. If we can do that, I'll be happy regardless of the result.

Lets gone Warriors!

Reactions: 4 users
AlexM

AlexM

what are peoples thoughts on Blair ??

Seems to be bringing more of his niggle and penalties than the off loads and aggressive defense.

So far we have the Blair that was at the Tigers, hopefully we get back the Blair that was at the Broncs

Other than that when are Mannering and Beale available ?
Blair's played really well IMO.
Great defence - great attitude - great leadership.
He was even playing second row the last game.

Reactions: 12 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

JWH can be a bit of a bully ( many have said it here).

He doesn't like being taken on head on. There is a soft underbelly to exploit if you make that guy work overtime in defence.

He is lazy off the ball.

I'd run Bunty and Lisone at him, step and tuck your chin in as his lazy arm rides up.

JWH is a very good player though and ball in hand he is a different animal.

The Roosters push the rules and hold the tackled player down.
We've taken to using the same tactic.

This game could be ugly with Penalty madness.

Twelve on Twelve is on the cards.

A share of possession sees the Warriors win this game in the late stages the Roosters will crack.

I agree. Their pack doesnt have the same intimidation factor as Cownoys and Storm. I put them at a similar level to Canberra and Souths. Just fitter.

I agree about targeting JWH. After a couple have Luke and/or Kata run at him from DH.

We have to be more disciplned but if they are this is winnable.

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

It's going to be a very tough one. The Rorters have seamlessly played themselves into some form if the Knights game is anything to go by. Keary and Cronk are finally looking like they are clicking into gear. Their sweeping attack looks really solid, as well as their defence.

We have started the season well but I think that this weekend is where our streak ends unfortunately. The Rorters will have too much class. I have a feeling we're going to get pinged all day by the refs and be on the receiving end of a lop sided penalty count.

All I ask is that the guys continue to put in 100% effort and play with heart for the full 80. If we can do that, I'll be happy regardless of the result.

Lets gone Warriors!

As right as you may be. With all due respect.....fuck that!!!!

This is the year to prove every doubting motherfucker wrong.

Yes about the Roosters. But hey they are just as beatable as Melbourne, The Cowboys and any other proven top team.

No need to train their guts out this pre season to drop their heads in doubt now. So even after 23 odd years off being mindfucked by this team, they are still our team and have provided as much evidence that is possible this season to make me think feel and believe they will get up for this one too.

I don't think I'm outta line and no offense intended bro.

Reactions: 5 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
We've got up the Rooters a few times so hopefully again.
This will be the test of the team for sure.

But I'd love to see an improvement in the gameplan for this one. The Plan against the Raiders was shockingly bad or we did a 180° away from it.
I'd start soft and not test the refs at all, let the Rooters draw the early penalties.
Keep the ball in play, and run them ragged. No bombs to the wings for them to counter attack just repeat grubbers that if anything, are too short. Make them go 90m+ on EVERY set.

Let's see how much heart they have.

Reactions: 4 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

As right as you may be. With all due respect.....fuck that!!!!

This is the year to prove every doubting motherfucker wrong.

Yes about the Roosters. But hey they are just as beatable as Melbourne, The Cowboys and any other proven top team.

No need to train their guts out this pre season to drop their heads in doubt now. So even after 23 odd years off being mindfucked by this team, they are still our team and have provided as much evidence that is possible this season to make me think feel and believe they will get up for this one too.

I don't think I'm outta line and no offense intended bro.
No offence taken bro and fair dinkum. I hope our boys do get up over them, I really do but I just have a feeling that the Rorters will be too slick and classy, and that they will be heavily assisted by the refs. I'll be happy for the boys to prove me wrong, trust me.

Reactions: 2 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

No offence taken bro and fair dinkum. I hope our boys do get up over them, I really do but I just have a feeling that the Rorters will be too slick and classy, and that they will be heavily assisted by the refs. I'll be happy for the boys to prove me wrong, trust me.
Admittedly it was at Mt Smart, but I think it was Ashley Klein who made a gutsy - and right call - to hand us the win right on fulltime last year against the Roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.