Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 4 - Roosters vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

the borg

Not too worried about who is playing.. but 1 thing for certain, whoever takes the field needs to make sure to get their discipline and new rules sorted.
That shit display in the first 15 min nearly cost us the game.(All the teams have been getting pinged and some have addressed it quicker than others) Thank god our fitness got us home.

Reactions: 1 user
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Not too worried about who is playing.. but 1 thing for certain, whoever takes the field needs to make sure to get their discipline and new rules sorted.
That shit display in the first 15 min nearly cost us the game.(All the teams have been getting pinged and some have addressed it quicker than others) Thank god our fitness got us home.

We'll need to be very disciplined against the chooks. They have length of the field strike power and surely they have gone over the salary cap to get it lol.

Gana be a good fucking challenge. Recovery will be key this week. We've been tackling a lot the last couple weeks.

Reactions: 4 users
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
That Roosters win over the Knights was pretty impressive. Some of those tries were great, Cronk and Keary look like they've got their shit together and it's only round 3.

Reactions: 2 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Mannering if available is a no brainer. I would have him at Lock his strength is D. Pulu is doing Ok. Sao to start as Prop.

Tevaga stays for his D and cover for Luke. Hopefully Paasi is better for the run and as I fully expect to lose both Blair and Lisone my full bench is Tevaga Paasi Afoa Satae/Vete.

To win this week defence and discipline are key. The longer they stay in the contest the better chance they have.

We need to use the strike weapons like Fusitua and Kata. If we can keep the D going and work some one on ones they can take these Pricks.

Nothing to lose this week. Just have a go at them. They will be wary of the Warriors. Keep them off guard.

gpred

gpred

Contributor
Up until the last few minutes last week, I actually thought Johnson was one of the weaker performers on the park. But then he made up for it and then some!

This week I think we will really get to find out where we are at. Roosters at home after a lethal performance from them against the Knights. Obviously a win would be amazing. But to be honest I will be happy if we can just hang in and match it blow for blow with them and not get blown off the park like the Knights did.

Reactions: 1 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Mannering if available is a no brainer. I would have him at Lock his strength is D. Pulu is doing Ok. Sao to start as Prop.

Tevaga stays for his D and cover for Luke. Hopefully Paasi is better for the run and as I fully expect to lose both Blair and Lisone my full bench is Tevaga Paasi Afoa Satae/Vete.

To win this week defence and discipline are key. The longer they stay in the contest the better chance they have.

We need to use the strike weapons like Fusitua and Kata. If we can keep the D going and work some one on ones they can take these Pricks.

Nothing to lose this week. Just have a go at them. They will be wary of the Warriors. Keep them off guard.

Good calls. Their team has clicked into what we know they are capable of.

We haven't clicked yet. Hoping we stand tall and proud.

Lots of talking and deep breathing. There is a lot of belief in this group which is great to see.

Now does Mr. CORVO run them hard as per usual or does recovery take precedence after recent travel and defensive duties?

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Up until the last few minutes last week, I actually thought Johnson was one of the weaker performers on the park. But then he made up for it and then some!

This week I think we will really get to find out where we are at. Roosters at home after a lethal performance from them against the Knights. Obviously a win would be amazing. But to be honest I will be happy if we can just hang in and match it blow for blow with them and not get blown off the park like the Knights did.

Yup Shaun Johnson wasn't setting the world on fire for most of the game but he stepped up in fine enough fashion to get most of us on here to stop calling him out to run the fucking ball instead of what he was doing.

I'm expecting the team to absolutely raise the bar this week.

Like Shaun Johnson said after the game "no one gave us a chance out here."

All the experts will pick roosters. We will pick our boys. They have belief in themselves and that's lethal given we have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck Shaun Johnson and Fusitua as strike weapons and even G.Reedy can score a try so we'll be up for this challenge.

Sup42

Sup42

Apparently Kata is a better passer from left to right.

So hypothetical pipe dream here....but if true....take a look at him on the right with your minds eye.

Tohu Harris is a default center with world class draw step then Pass.

Kata outside of him is a more aggressive runner, and he adds some collision impact on defence to that right side where none of our other centers could.

Putting all bias aside regarding Kata's greed, let's imagine he is confident drawing last line and making a combo with Fusitua.

Beale now goes left side and thereby we keep Ken who is a meter eating collision monster...almost as good as Manu at wing/prop tackle set kick starts.

Beale is infinitely better at setting Ken Loose on attack ( passing a ball is no big deal for Gerard).

Thoughts ?

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Apparently Kata is a better passer from right to left.

So hypothetical pipe dream here....but if true....take a look at him on the right with your minds eye.

Kata outside of him is a more aggressive runner, and he adds some collision impact on defence to that right side where none of our other centers could.

Putting all bias aside regarding Kate's greed, let's imagine he is confident drawing last line and making a combo with Fusitua.

Beale now goes left side and thereby we keep Ken who is a meter eating collision monster...almost as good as Manu at wing/prop tackle set kick starts.

Beale is infinitely better at setting Ken Loose on attack ( passing a ball is no big deal for Gerard).

Thoughts ?

I think Kata is a "ball stops with me" kinda guy which is what scares me about putting him inside the awesomeness that is the Fusitua.

If he is too valuable to sub then my preference is to put him outside Fusitua for the following reasons;

Fusitua can help him with high balls.
Fusitua can still do killer tries in the corner from centre as in the game vs titans in Haynes comeback.
Fusitua can draw and pass coz he not G.Reedy.

Fusitua' try at 0.50 sec of the video is why I have a man crush on him at centre.

*edit - if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck injects into the right hand side and feeds The Fusitua, it effectively puts Fusitua numbers wise into wing (with Kata outside).
This gives the Fusitua extra time and space to make his play. Crazy I know but I'm good at crazy.

Last edited:
Defence

Defence

Up until the last few minutes last week, I actually thought Johnson was one of the weaker performers on the park. But then he made up for it and then some!.

I was just as impressed with his defense at the start as I was with his composure at the end.
Their plan was clearly to spot him but he just kept knocking them big Canberra forwards over.
He really stood up and they soon gave up on that plan and started playing to the other side.

Reactions: 8 users
Sup42

Sup42

The Roosters don't even have a thread up yet.

Hopefully their team is too busy basking in the lime light to be ready for what is coming from across the Tasman sea.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

The Roosters don't even have a thread up yet.

Hopefully their team is too busy basking in the lime light to be ready for what is coming from across the Tasman sea.

They'll be ready. So will we.

Fuck bro even though there are still lots if questions and doubts from all corners, as a supporter these 3 victories have been fucken awesome.

Reactions: 7 users
Warrior482

Warrior482

Anyone know for sure if Mannering is fit? If so him to 13 to tighten up the middle, Sir Agnatius to start (big agro with him and Gavet for the opening exchanges) Satae on the bench. (Assuming both Lisone and Blair are suspended. Which i am)

Roosters look good but the key is ball control in bad ball situations, the Knights gave em too many opportunities.
They have a good not great pack imo and they make plenty of errors so we've gotta take our chances and make them pay.
Feeling good about this one already

Reactions: 2 users

warriors4eva

what are peoples thoughts on Blair ??

Seems to be bringing more of his niggle and penalties than the off loads and aggressive defense.

So far we have the Blair that was at the Tigers, hopefully we get back the Blair that was at the Broncs

Other than that when are Mannering and Beale available ?

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Apparently Kata is a better passer from left to right.

Putting all bias aside regarding Kata's greed, let's imagine he is confident drawing last line and making a combo with Fusitua.

Thoughts ?

Think Kata would just stunt Fusitua,
If any winger gets fed less ball I’d rather it be Maumalo

Status
Not open for further replies.