Status
Not open for further replies.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Just for once this season i would like to see Beale/Hiku as the centres just to see what would happen with them feeding the wingers

If Kata(and/or Gelling for the two games he played) passed to Ken for a try as many times as Beale/Hiku had to Fusitua, Ken would have 10 tries instead of 5; 6 passes from Hiku, one from Beale vs 2 from Kata, 0 from Gelling. However, Beale (3) and Hiku(3) have scored less tries combined than Kata(11), so this swap would be an even trade, or a loss of 1 try if you count Gelling's 1 when he was on the left when Kata was out.

If Johnson played on the left instead of Green, and had as many passes/kicks to Ken as he had had to Fusitua then Ken would have had 15 tries; 9 passes, 2 kicks from Johnson vs 1 pass from Green.

40% of Ken's tries have been from Kata's passes. 33% of Fusitua's tries have come from his centres passing. Safe to say it's been Johnson that's feeding the Fusitua the most.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Do you think this would be disruptive? If they were to loose big could be bad for momentum and morale

Not a big believer in resting players. Injuries don't discriminate so its very likely all of those guys come through unscraped but we have injuries to all our key forwards and Fusitua. Just play and whatever will be will be.

sydneywarrior92

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 12, 2013
Probably scandalous thing to suggest but is it in our interests to lose this weekend? We are more likely to get either the Dragons or the Panthers. If we win and the results go as expected we'll likely be in Brisbane against the Broncs. I still favour us winning in week 1 but surely the former scenario is preferable. I could be seriously off base though.

Reactions: fizurg

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Probably scandalous thing to suggest but is it in our interests to lose this weekend? We are more likely to get either the Dragons or the Panthers. If we win and the results go as expected we'll likely be in Brisbane against the Broncs. I still favour us winning in week 1 but surely the former scenario is preferable. I could be seriously off base though.

Ideal scenario would be a 50+ point win, and hope a resurgent Bulldogs take the sharks down by 12+ to claim 4th. Extra life, and Warriors won't be afraid to go to Melbourne anyway.

Beyond that, a win by both Broncos and Warriors, and losses by Penrith and the dragons would give us either Penrith or Dragons at home which would be great also on current form. Not confident that even the Dragons could lose to Knights without Ponga though.

Jack Bourke

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2017
Whangarei
I don't think he was sulking tonight. He was more cramped on that side but didn't seem to be chasing the metres like usual. That may have been because of his shoulder though. The guys who went to sleep tonight were in the forwards, not the backs.
Agree... Maumalo isn't the sulking type from the interviews I have seen. He seems to tell it like it is but is humble in doing so. Kata, as we have all discussed, needs to grow some arms that work and have a lateral movement. Look at how Fusitua has been running with Hiku there... I must admit I never rated Hiku's defense but his draw and pass along side Tohu Harris is beautiful to watch!!

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
Heard a rumour that the Warriors are going to offer $5 or "pay what you like $5+" for tickets to the game on friday
yeah just heard that too

how does that work, you rock on up to the stadium with a gold coin donation and pick where you want to sit

this will piss the ones off who have already spent $40 + on their seat

Sammyw11

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 8, 2016
never a good omen resting players IMO. unless a player is injured we should be playing full strength and absolutely trying to win and build momentum.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
yeah just heard that too

how does that work, you rock on up to the stadium with a gold coin donation and pick where you want to sit

this will piss the ones off who have already spent $40 + on their seat

Done through the Ticketek website, started at midday and runs until midnight tonight.

All the tickets are nearly gone though, so stoked that the stadium will be packed out this weekend!

Reactions: Miket12

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
40% of Ken's tries have been from Kata's passes. 33% of Fusitua's tries have come from his centres passing. Safe to say it's been Johnson that's feeding the Fusitua the most.

40% of 5 tries is umm 2. Sample size is too small. Because 33% of 21 is still 7 v 2, and looks considerably higher. And you have to ask why Shaun Johnson favours the right side versus the left, considering Manu used to be there and used to score consistently? The reason why any ball-player favours a side is either because they can't pass well to a certain side (shouldn't be an issue at this level, but who knows), or more likely, they see more scoring potential on that side. It's a natural instinct.

This is what would go through my mind looking at the attacking line of the Warriors: pass to Kata, he'll make a dent, so I'll use him to draw defenders that side, then get Bully to switch back to the right and give Fusitua just enough space to make the corner, because he's the best finisher. If I pass to Kata's side the chance of the ball getting to the corner are slim unless Kata makes a clean break. Hiku and Beale are faster at getting the ball to the edge than Kata, so I'll use that method more often. Hiku also stands and passes in the tackle a lot. And for a seccond rower, Harris is very mobile and a good passer. And I think that if Pulu had have been fit more often this year, we would have seen more ball down the left side, as he was good there when he was fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings