Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 17 - Panthers vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Interesting that we lost Blairy for 2 weeks from an innocuous tackle against the Cows. But Tamou blatanty drops his knee on Walker's face and will be free to line up against us on Friday.

Reactions: 9 users
Fazz

Fazz

Truth is, we should not even be contemplating a close game. They need to go out there with a positive, winning attitude and a determination to put a cricket score on this bunch, having rolled them through the middle for the first 20 mins.
2 points is mandatory; first and foremost. No doubters needed here. We would deserve 7th spot if we lost on Friday night.

Easier said than done. You need to keep in mind how weak our forward pack is. No Harris, no Bunty, no Pulu who you could argue pretty easily are our best forwards. Our pack at full strength is middling. Taking out the best components makes it one of the weakest in the comp.

Yes, Penrith are missing their halves, but if they turn this into a war of attrition up the middle, this isn't the walkover you assume it should be.

Any players in the team assuming that we will win easily will be in for a rude surprise, as are any supporters.

Make no mistake, I want us to absolutely hammer them, I'm just deeply skeptical about our pack.

Reactions: 3 users

sydneywarrior92

Fox Sports is reporting that Bunty is right for this game though Harris will be out.

Reactions: 7 users

sydneywarrior92

If only Harris is out, we have a straight swap with Blair. The best outcome we could have hoped for. Hopefully Fusitua is right for this game as well as Ken. If they are, I think we can have parity in the go-forward stakes which will allow us to exploit the inexperience in their halves. Didn't watch the Manly game but their pack was rolled over very easily by the chooks. They've been playing average for awhile. If we play like we did for the first 20 and the last 20, we should win this.

Reactions: 2 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Interesting that we lost Blairy for 2 weeks from an innocuous tackle against the Cows. But Tamou blatanty drops his knee on Walker's face and will be free to line up against us on Friday.
What do you expect? He is a Kangaroo, not a Kiwi.:facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Easier said than done. You need to keep in mind how weak our forward pack is. No Harris, no Bunty, no Pulu who you could argue pretty easily are our best forwards. Our pack at full strength is middling. Taking out the best components makes it one of the weakest in the comp.

Yes, Penrith are missing their halves, but if they turn this into a war of attrition up the middle, this isn't the walkover you assume it should be.

Any players in the team assuming that we will win easily will be in for a rude surprise, as are any supporters.

Make no mistake, I want us to absolutely hammer them, I'm just deeply skeptical about our pack.

Paasi has gone up another level
An Gavet is coming along nicely
We will be sweet .

Reactions: 1 users
BlaqAdam

BlaqAdam

Looking at him tackle Gallen a couple of times really highlighted how they're similar height wise, but Gallen just has so much more bulk thanks to being on the gear. Jazz probably could have been bigger by now if they hadn't focused on making him a hooker after graduating U20s though.
I agree 100%, Good to also see Jazz not baking down from gallen too.

Reactions: 1 user

sydneywarrior92

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12081750

This article says bunty is out for a lengthy period. Hope its wrong though.

The article speculates Vuna in line for a call up.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/181994a5f9c98e043088adf039720d7c

"Warriors mail: A host of representative stars backed up last week and it looks like they all pulled through the game OK. Tohu Harris will be out with a knee injury and will need to be replaced in the backrow, with Jazz Tevaga and Bunty Afoa in line to start."

Reactions: 1 users
Swanley

Swanley

I'm guessing Afoa is named as they do not know the extent of his injury...I'd be guessing he's out for a few weeks minimum for a dislocated elbow.

I wonder if Sao will now get selected?

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

I'm guessing Afoa is named as they do not know the extent of his injury...I'd be guessing he's out for a few weeks minimum for a dislocated elbow.

I wonder if Sao will now get selected?

Not sure why Ligi has been left out recently but he might have been hanging out with Lisone for too long.

I like Ligi as a bench prop or lock. He appears bigger than Lisone who admittedly is a bit small.

I liked his improvement earlier in the year as well as his courage (especially in the Anzac hiding). But our pack if not fully switched on to the early season swarming defence needs more muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.