Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 16 - Warriors vs Sharks

Who is your favoured bench utility?

• Karl Lawton

• Jazz Tevaga

• Gerard Beale

Results are only viewable after voting.
Swanley

Swanley

It's only the Kiwi boys that SK is not selecting. The others are OK.

The Sharks will be a good litmus test.

A win will be really nice leading into the Storm match.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

This game is a good opportunity for a fringe player or two to step up
It will be interesting an I hope they pull it off an have a good game.

I hope next time all our players make themselves available .For the
Internationals .Its one of the things that can make good players great..
An make our club attractive to international players.

Reactions: 1 user
Blain

Blain

Imagine if SK just threw a hail Mary team out there like that. Drops Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to centre, Kata fullback and Tevaga @ prop. I mean we've only won 2 in a row, why not eh.

You could do that, then re arrange them on game day. Shaun Johnson @ 21, Jerome Ropati named to start and drops out of the 17 sort of shit.

• Haha

Far North Forever

Imagine if SK just threw a hail Mary team out there like that. Drops Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to centre, Kata fullback and Tevaga @ prop. I mean we've only won 2 in a row, why not eh.

You could do that, then re arrange them on game day. Shaun Johnson @ 21, Jerome Ropati named to start and drops out of the 17 sort of shit.
Cuzz methamphetamine is a curse on our society I can private message you support services if you wish.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
I suspect Kata will still be out with his hamstring but we still haven't heard much on Fusitua injury.

Reading from this article both are in doubt for Friday night. I can see why SK wants to play the Hiku, Luke & Ken.

Rugby League: Kiwis trio may be needed for Warriors' clash with Shark

NZ Herald

It wasn't part of the plan but the Warriors' Kiwis contingent may be thrust straight back into action for this Friday's NRL match against the Cronulla Sharks.

Issac Luke, Peta Hiku, Ken Maumalo aren't due back in Auckland until tomorrow afternoon after starting for New Zealand in Sunday's defeat to England in Denver.

Warriors coach Stephen Kearney had planned to rest the trio for Friday's match, but that was before Solomone Kata and David Fusitua were injured in the side's win against the Cowboys last week.

Kearney said it's wait and see on whether Kata and Fusitu'a, who both missed Tonga's international against Samoa in the weekend, will be fit for Friday's game

"The dilemma that we have is I can't make any definite decisions until later on in the week," Kearney said today.

"I spoke about it before with those guys not playing because it's such a big trip. But with the situation we find ourselves in we may have to play them."

The Kiwis trio don't return to Auckland until tomorrow and their first run with their club side will be the day before the game.

rugged

rugged

Common sense to play Luke this week, although he may need a freshen up at some point prior to the finals. Could be a good game to give Lawton some extended minutes

Far North Forever

Common play whoever is available we're the NZ Warriors not Golden State Warriors and your Steve Kearney not Steve Kerr

Makasene

Makasene

Common sense to play Luke this week, although he may need a freshen up at some point prior to the finals. Could be a good game to give Lawton some extended minutes

We have an away match against Penrith on Friday 6th July.

Penrith will be without:

James Maloney
Nathan Cleary
Tyrone Peachy
Regan Cambell-Gillard

That match to me would make sense to rest Luke.

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Sounds good. Surely the Island test was just as physically taxing as the Denver trip...typically big body contact and some bruising you would think.

I didn't like the way the Kiwis trip had the feel of being so loaded with caveats.

Kinda like playing for your country will cost your club. Not quite fair for all concerned (Warriors fans and the Rep players who may feel ready to go).

This news escalates our chances considerably especially if Luke plays. We haven't won a game without Luke...I like the idea of longer minutes for Lawton while playing Luke for a fair chunk as well.

Really want this Sharks result to go our way, it sets our run up nicely if we beat the Sharks..all things are possible from there.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I think it would absolute madness to play any of the Kiwis boys. With their plane delayed they would only get the captains run on Thursday and the warm up pregame Friday to train for the game. Im sure the training staff and high performance coach is worried sick right about now.

This is our team without the Kiwis and the possible continued injuries to David Fusitua and Solomone Kata.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3. Peta Hiku
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair
14. Karl Lawton
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Chris Satae
17. Simon Mannering

Based on the 27 players we have already used you have the following players you can choose from for positions:

CENTRE/WING
Anthony Gelling
Gerard Beale

HOOKER
Karl Lawton

BENCH
Sam Cook
Sam Lisone
Ligi Sao
Albert Vete
Joseph Vuna

Really that only leaves one outside back spot to fill and the best candidate from the rest to play bench utility/hooker sub. Outside back spot can be filled by either Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad or Blake Ayshford who both are yet to be named in the top 30.

Utility bench is much harder with Jazz Tevaga still injured. I'd look at either Blake Ayshford, Sam Cook or James Bell to fill the spot.

My team list for the Sharks game:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Gerard Beale
3. Peta Hiku
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Anthony Gelling
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
9. Karl Lawton
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

14. Sam Cook
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Chris Satae
17. Simon Mannering

18. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
20. James Bell
21. Ken Maumalo
22. Issac Luke

That only uses one top 30 spot leaving one for a rainy day and another for any late season signings...

Lance155

Lance155

We have an away match against Penrith on Friday 6th July.

Penrith will be without:

James Maloney
Nathan Cleary
Tyrone Peachy
Regan Cambell-Gillard

That match to me would make sense to rest Luke.

Are we playing Penrith when the origin players are out? This makes me very happy

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
I think it would absolute madness to play any of the Kiwis boys. With their plane delayed they would only get the captains run on Thursday and the warm up pregame Friday to train for the game. Im sure the training staff and high performance coach is worried sick right about now.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Gerard Beale
3. Peta Hiku
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Anthony Gelling
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
9. Karl Lawton
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

14. Sam Cook
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Chris Satae
17. Simon Mannering

20. James Bell
21. Ken Maumalo
22. Issac Luke

That only uses one top 30 spot leaving one for a rainy day and another for any late season signings...

Blair is suspended for Sharks game ;)

fizurg

fizurg

This is our team without the Kiwis and the possible continued injuries to David Fusitua and Solomone Kata.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3. Peta Hiku
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair
14. Karl Lawton
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Chris Satae
17. Simon Mannering

Based on the 27 players we have already used you have the following players you can choose from for positions:

CENTRE/WING
Anthony Gelling
Gerard Beale

HOOKER
Karl Lawton

BENCH
Sam Cook
Sam Lisone
Ligi Sao
Albert Vete
Joseph Vuna

Really that only leaves one outside back spot to fill and the best candidate from the rest to play bench utility/hooker sub. Outside back spot can be filled by either Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad or Blake Ayshford who both are yet to be named in the top 30.

Utility bench is much harder with Jazz Tevaga still injured. I'd look at either Blake Ayshford, Sam Cook or James Bell to fill the spot.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Gerard Beale
3. Peta Hiku
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Anthony Gelling
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
9. Karl Lawton
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

14. Sam Cook
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Chris Satae
17. Simon Mannering

20. James Bell
21. Ken Maumalo
22. Issac Luke

Wouldn’t Hiku and Blair be out of this game too?

AlexM

AlexM

I think hiku could back up. Hopefully Fusitua is Ok , but I think kata will be out though.
Is Lisone injured btw?

1.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2.Fusitua/CNK
3.BEALE/HIKU
4.GELLING/AYSH
5.CNK/KEN

6.GREEN
7.JOHNSON

8.GAVET
9.LUKE/LAWTON
10.PAASI
11.PAPALII
12.Tohu Harris
13.SAO

14.LAWTON/COOK
15.MANNERING
16.BUNTY
17.SATAE

Back lines really going to be a bit of an odd one this week. Forwards are easier to pick. Mannering might start at 13 though. I assume all the Samoan boys will be fine to go.