Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 11 - Eels vs Warriors

Your preferred centre pairing for Round 11?

• Blake Ayshford

• Gerard Beale

• Peta Hiku

• Solomone Kata

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YeahNah 4020

YeahNah 4020

Well Lawton has shown us hes committed, I mean what Aussie nearly cries at the thought of becoming a Warrior and receiving his jersey (a good one lol). He prob hasnt played half in a fair while, but he was a winger/centre, so hes got pace, he might be worth a try at 6 with a rush job from Stacey and Green to get him up to speed, and Beale into Centre, Hiku on the bench.

But wont happen with SK, nothing creative or change will happen while hes at the helm. (not saying thats a bad thing)

Lawton def fits in somewhere but as previous mentioned can he go 80 mins.

But bro re: SK he has re moulded our forward pack roster and style so I would mark them both down as creative and change.

It’s injury town and our depth is being tested.

Reactions: 2 users

AusWarriorsFan

I have MY team and I have a Kearney team lol, this is what I think Kearney should do

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Gerard Beale
4. Solomone Kata
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Karl Lawton
7. Green
8. Bunty Afoa
9. Issac Luke
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Simon Mannering
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

14. Peta Hiku (covers Luke/Lawton/Beale)
15. Lao
16. Isaiah Papali'i
17. James Gavet

My team Id put Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to 6 and our best other option for full Back in to replace him. What happened to Santo Claus?

id also be having Hiku one on one coached to never ever do the infamous PaknSave Arm Grab again.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AusWarriorsFan

Lawton def fits in somewhere but as previous mentioned can he go 80 mins.

But bro re: SK he has re moulded our forward pack roster and style so I would mark them both down as creative and change.

It’s injury town and our depth is being tested.
Yeah I know he hates change aye, or anything thats a risk. I think Lawtons good for 80, plays 80 in isp, did ok last week. Still think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is our only player who has Johnsons skills to get to that centre and either draw the winger and centre and pass, or if winger stick to his slide, step the centre, inside pass to Lawton backing up on inside :) TRY

Also Im tempted to just give Papali'i starts from now on, hes proven he does a solid 80 and is by far our most talented up and coming forward.

One thing Im 100% on, SK will have been putting the boot into them about moving off the line and running forward to tackle not waiting for the opp to run to them, that was just awful to watch given previous performances. Even punters have it closish at $2.15 for Eels, Not what youd expect from 3 vs Last/16

Cant take Parra lightly. They have shown last 3 weeks how lethal they can be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

AusWarriorsFan

i have a feeling im going to be dissapointed on team naming tuesday
haha, Im more worried if someone is named injured still (no not Shaun Johnson).

Kearney will stick to the basics, thats who he is, hes Bennett/Bellamy clone. If Lino is out Id say he will use our ISP 7 or he will use Lawton who is also a halves utility and our ISP 6. The rest, same ole.

Lawtons stats this year at ISP, mostly hooker.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/in...nsw/new-zealand-warriors-nsw-cup/karl-lawton/

89% tackle efficiency, had a bad one in his last game with 4 miss tackles, he didnt do a Hiku, but by his standards thats not great, but hard to say without knowing the situation of the tackles. Hes pretty quick, hes a winger/centre originally so he can step. Its a solid option. Unlike my Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to 6 which is solid for the play the ball, but not so much on defense lol, where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck seems to just be like wheres Wally in reverse, hes whereever the ball is on our try line/in goal this year.

To be fair on SK, defense wins games (and premierships) not even questionable. So I cant blame him. But we do need a six who can cause havoc for our wing/centre and take on the line himself.

Last edited:
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I’d throw Perham in there. The numbers on the shirt don’t mean much, the Green-Lino games Green is doing most everything, Lino is just doing his little in and away on the right and putting in the occasional grubber and bomb, Perham is the clear standout in reserve grade and can run, pass and create something, and he’s not a midget in defence – and you can just see he’s a cocky kid, won’t be scared of the occasion.

Pity you can't do ambush selections anymore, have to name him early in the week.

Hayze would get found out eventually, but hopefully only need him for 1 week, 2 at most.

Can’t take Harris off of his edge and Hiku may have played 6 for the kiwis but he wasn’t any good at it.

Also, one of Afoa and Paasi should go to the bench, they would bring a lot of energy coming on, we go flat as soon as the bench changes start, Gavet to start (and shave his head so he looks like a mean prop again).

The centres, would leave them for one more week. Give Ayshford and Beale another trot to get up to speed.

Also they are asking a lot of Papalii to play 80 every week, probably swap him and Mannering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

AusWarriorsFan

I’d throw Perham in there.

That would be a young signing and prob outside SKs mentality too, ugggh, but not a bad idea. Although Id play him at FB and put Roger Tuivasa-Sheck into the 6.

You are prob right about Beale, that was my original thinking, one more ISP game, last week.

Based on the game stats it was Kata who did the defense issues, a total turn around from the norm. What is Beales preference, right or left? I thought it was right as usually right handers like left. I cant remember its been so long.

Aman

Aman

haha we are well and truly panicking. Glad you guys aren't picking the team every week we'd have new players playing new positions every round :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AusWarriorsFan

Well to be fair until we get the whats up tomorrow its all just not knowing who is available, for all we know, Luke could sleep on his shoulder wrong, damn that hurts when you pinch that nerve.

Kemp is calling for my suggestion. It makes complete sense. We only have 2 players with Johnsons foot work and off the mark pace and he is out.But cant see Kearney doing anything imaginative.

https://www.radiosport.co.nz/on-air...k-should-take-mason-linos-place-this-weekend/

TripleL

I might be wrong but I don't see Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, as good as he is, having the playmaking skills to play in the halves. He's also seems to be more of a explosive / powerful runner rather than light on his feet like some fullbacks when they come into the line.

If Lino is out, whoever partners Green is going to be a new combination, but moving your fullback (to a position he's never played in the NRL, at least) would be pretty disruptive to the team. I think Hiku is the more logical choice, and replacing him with Ayshford (familiarity, played there last two years), Beale (if fit, he's is the best option) or Gelling (2018 first grade exp with the team) seems less disruptive.

Nenz

Well to be fair until we get the whats up tomorrow its all just not knowing who is available, for all we know, Luke could sleep on his shoulder wrong, damn that hurts when you pinch that nerve.

Kemp is calling for my suggestion. It makes complete sense. We only have 2 players with Johnsons foot work and off the mark pace and he is out.But cant see Kearney doing anything imaginative.

https://www.radiosport.co.nz/on-air...k-should-take-mason-linos-place-this-weekend/
You don't make a position worse off just to fill a different position. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a world class FB and his replacement is an 18 year old? Sure Hayze is good, but it's his first year of ISP. He needs time to adjust to playing with bigger guys. If Johnson isn't back, I can see Hiku or Cook going there. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck moving is not a wise move.

Reactions: 6 users
rugged

rugged

I will take a boring Kearney over an imaginative Kemp any day. Can't see us swapping Roger Tuivasa-Sheck although if it did happen I woud move Fusitua to FB and play Beale on the wing.

AusWarriorsFan

You don't make a position worse off just to fill a different position. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a world class FB and his replacement is an 18 year old? Sure Hayze is good, but it's his first year of ISP. He needs time to adjust to playing with bigger guys. If Johnson isn't back, I can see Hiku or Cook going there. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck moving is not a wise move.
We have other FB options. Plenty of clubs have done this in the passed to cover the same dilemma. Its not that left field.

Re SK and Imagination, wasnt an insult, he sticks to plain and simple processes. It works for Bellamy well enough.

That is true re the above about Roger Tuivasa-Sheck not being as light on his feet, but he would probably be more effective at breaking the line for that reason. Either way I cant see it happening.

Hiku is better off sticking to centre and leaving Beale out than playing him at 6, hes not going to look dangerous and draw any players and hes not got the step to take it himself. Hes doing a good job for the price we paid but I think sticking Hiku at 6 is as good as sticking Jazz to 6. Which leaves either Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or Lawton, we know Kearney wont make an extravagant move like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to 6, so I think he will pick Lawton to 6 and keep Hiku at centre and keep Beale in ISP to have a game on a dry track (hopefully)

AusWarriorsFan

Can't see us swapping Roger Tuivasa-Sheck although if it did happen I woud move Fusitua to FB and play Beale on the wing.
Neither. But I do like it. Hayne, Lockyer, Slater are just a few I can think of that have filled the role for the very reasons we need, speed and attraction attention as well as having the ability to break the line. In fact Lockyer made it his position in his final 1/3 and was potent at it.

I dont see the need for one game though, I would love to see Roger Tuivasa-Sheck with the ball half the time though, would be exciting.

BlaqAdam

BlaqAdam

Keep the team the same but take Lisone Out, Throw in Sao and Throw in Beale for Kata, Kata is a liability on Defense and Hiku is equally trash on D aswell.

Five&Last

Five&Last

Chanel and Hayze have equally high ceilings, but Hayze is more NRL ready right now. I'd throw him in at five eighth and see what he can do.

Wouldn't be against Hiku going to five eighth and Beale coming to centre. Just as long as they don't bring Cook in or move Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Lawton or Tohu Harris there.

BlaqAdam

BlaqAdam

What has happened to Gavet? Last year he was a difference maker this year he looks like he's playing in slow motion. Hope he gets back into form quick
Dude just came back from injury, its hard for Forwards to keep a high intensity for the full season. Reason why your Taumalolos and Fifitas do so well, Play high intensities and bigger minutes. Give Gavet another game and hel be solid, idk why Kerney gave him 15 minutes thoooo

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Going from ISP to a small spell against the Tigers, I dont think you realise some of these boys improve fitness by playing at that level too bro.
Of course. It goes without saying but that wont happen overnight will it. Take him most of the season to be able to do a proper 80 minute game. Statement still holds true for now. He is short on fitness...

Status
Not open for further replies.