Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 11 - Eels vs Warriors

Your preferred centre pairing for Round 11?

• Blake Ayshford

• Gerard Beale

• Peta Hiku

• Solomone Kata

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AusWarriorsFan

(too soon for CTH right?)
But is it? :) U clearly know.

Ok so 18yo, who is the youngest NRL player?

This guys stats are awesome on D and O as a half.

Id laugh if he got selected, blew everyones minds and ended SJs career and sent Lino back to ISP..

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Id laugh if he got selected, blew everyones minds and ended SJs career and sent Lino back to ISP..

He’s gonna be a star just don’t want to destroy his confidence by exposing him too early

Reactions: 1 user

AusWarriorsFan

Ill base my picks on who is available, but I wont pick hiku no matter who is available. If they chose Chanel, that would be unreal and awesome. But lets see how everyone pulls up. We prob have a lot of players back next week incl Ayshford?

Tedster

Tedster

Ponga - although he could be 19? Hes a freak of talent though that boy. :)

kos

He was awful just awful in the ISP game. The performance of the halves in the ISP game was the reason for the loss.

Reactions: 2 users

AusWarriorsFan

Then hopefully either Johnson makes a miraculous recovery, Lino isnt all that serious, Hiku learns to defend real quicl and retains his spot at 6, or we in trouble.

I really wanted Hiku to have a good game last night, but I get the feeling with a number of centres returning he could be on the oust. I think Lawton could play 6 if Luke is fit. Hes played there before. Is one of those situations I guess we wont know until Tuesday......

The Batman

The Batman

Hiku has played five eighth before as an option moving green to halfback. He needs to aim up on d

AusWarriorsFan

Hiku has played five eighth before as an option moving green to halfback. He needs to aim up on d
Well green is halfback with Johnson so yes that is an option. Only issue is his defense will be even more targeted in the middle than out wide. It might be a chance for him to get his foot work going though.

Danpatmac

Kearney is not reactionary. Dropping the 2 centres would be a signal that the roll from the start of the year is well and truly over and I believe there would be a subsequent tail off in confidence for the whole squad if mass changes were to take place. The dream would be over.

I see Beale coming in but not after 1 week of ISP.

I believe Kearney will pick:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. Fusitua
  3. Hiku / Gelling
  4. Kata
  5. Maumalo
  6. Green / (Hiku if Lino out)
  7. Lino / Green if Lino out)
  8. Paasi
  9. Luke / (Lawton if Luke out)
  10. Afoa
  11. Harris
  12. Papalii
  13. Blair
  14. Tevaga
  15. Mannering
  16. Lisone
  17. Gavet

Reactions: 1 users
OMG

OMG

Think he means Harris of the Tohu Harris kind
Yes I do, stick Abe on the right too, Blair doesn't do enough in the middle work rate wise and was better than good when he played on the left fringe, Kata needs an offloader out there.
Our pack in general hasn't been producing the metres needed to compete in a GF.

AusWarriorsFan

Kearney is not reactionary.

True. But wherever Hiku plays, ESPECIALLY if its 6, he really needs a week of intense Defense training. Im unsure if Kearney will keep Beale warming up, he may put Hiku to 6 and Beale to Centre, which isnt overly reactionary and probably is our best bet, Lawton is a utility back, his passes were actually pretty good last night, no doubt Luke will be back. So I guess it pivots on who plays 6?

AusWarriorsFan

Our pack in general hasn't been producing the metres needed to compete in a GF.
Which is odd considering how fit they are meant to be. Does the back 3 doing a lot of the forwards work impact on that somewhat though.... But yeah I agree. And one thing about our pack that really pissed me off last night was how slow off the D line we were, we waited for them to run 10 metres every time, we didnt run up. They were making 70 metre sets with ease. We need some consistency in our D which at times this year has been great, but last night was allfulabad.

Reactions: 1 users

AusWarriorsFan

We leading All Run Metres and Team Offloads with 20 coming from Peta and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck each. Our offense stats were pretty good last night, it didnt look that way, or was it our defense was so bad it was hard to see passed them scoring at will. We did have a good period at the start where we stuck to the plan. We lead 40/20s too, I thought we should have been kicking on the 4th more, I wonder when Luke is back and Johnson or Lino as well as Green, all can kick 40/20s if kicking on the 4th if there is a 40/20 oppurtunity should be a go to play, worst case, we complete the set. Its such a game changer when it happens 40/20s, it feels like every time cam smith kicks one they score.

Still waiting for individual Stats.

Think I might watch the replay to cheer myself up haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.