Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 10 - Warriors vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - Fusitua - Hiku - Kata - Maumalo - Green - Lino - Afoa - Luke - Paasi - Papali'i - Harris - Blair.

Lawton - Gavet - Lisone - Mannering.

- Same team except Lino in for Shaun Johnson.
- When Luke/Jazz/Lisone are all on at the same time this year we lose the middle somewhat. I wanted to see the balance with Mannering at 13, and it made a big differnce. Sorry Jazz.
- Coincidence Paasi had his best game of the season with Gavet returning?? Prob not. Everyone wants to start, regardless if you're getting decent mins off the bench.
- Lukes mins will need to be managed if plays, Lawton proved a far better foil. Sorry Jazz

id like to see kata just pass a little short ball with someone running off his shoulder as he is about to smash into defenders

know one is expecting him to pass, not even warriors fans !!

if your on here SK, please take note LOL !!

Mannering aka Steve Price stays on the bench unless Blair is out then he plays 13 for 80 mins. Paasi and Afoa have established themselves as the starting Props, Gavet on the bench for impact until one of those two is injured or drops form. Harris and Papalii locked into 2nd rows. Luke plays with fucked should then comes off with a dislocated other shoulder Lawton comes on scores only once. Lino plays is outstanding and LINO V Shaun Johnson starts all over again. Green smashes Cronk because he only passed to Billy not him. Kata stays out of the way again, Hiku gives up 2 trys but passes the ball to Fusitua who scores 3 so is retained for next week. Maumalo has become the most sort after Tony Williams since well Tony Williams only we keep him in his cough rightful position as wing. Roger is magical Roger but still needs media advice. Would have Sao as other benchman to just smash JWH and Napa late and high all day.
BOOM 36-12 WIN.

Radley is getting a good enforcer reputation.

He appears to have jumped the pecking order over Napa who I still rate but like previous Warriors years he is inconsistent.

Should be a cracker of a game.

Fusitua to get four tries this week. Just coz he can.

Bunty then Iggy then Tohu Harris to all run at Radley just to say Hi.

Defence to swarm all game with nobody from our team getting binned because we will push to the absolute limit but not push past it.

Our defence will force the Roosters to play one out coz they'll have to do 160 more tackles than us.

Green will pass inside all day like he did against the tiges. Then on his fifth telegraphed inside ball he'll hit Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the chest on the outside to go through the line and draw their winger before passing right onto Ken's chest to score untouched.

Paasi will barge through to score through the middle.

And I'll have a sausage roll, hot chips and a beer while I watch it all unfold in glorious perfection.

Oh and Lawton's gana get another one backing up Lino.

And post match will be awesome but may still have some opinionated opinions about the use of hair styles as a weapon in league.

Radley is getting a good enforcer reputation.

He appears to have jumped the pecking order over Napa who I still rate but like previous Warriors years he is inconsistent.

Should be a cracker of a game.

Fusitua to get four tries this week. Just coz he can.

Bunty then Iggy then Tohu Harris to all run at Radley just to say Hi.

Defence to swarm all game with nobody from our team getting binned because we will push to the absolute limit but not push past it.

Our defence will force the Roosters to play one out coz they'll have to do 160 more tackles than us.

Green will pass inside all day like he did against the tiges. Then on his fifth telegraphed inside ball he'll hit Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the chest on the outside to go through the line and draw their winger before passing right onto Ken's chest to score untouched.

Paasi will barge through to score through the middle.

And I'll have a sausage roll, hot chips and a beer while I watch it all unfold in glorious perfection.

Oh and Lawton's gana get another one backing up Lino.

And post match will be awesome but may still have some opinionated opinions about the use of hair styles as a weapon in league.
Don't think Radley will be playing, one game suspension for the hit on Taupau yesterday.

Bit worried about us facing our first repeat opposition opponent.

No chance of catching them off guard. Warriors get lazy if they think they have the wood on someone.

We bullied them last time and they kept turning over the ball.

We have had some epic clashes in NZ....CH CH Kevin Locke Vs goal post.

No Luke by the sounds....no Johnson.....at least Lino and Lswton have a familiarity.

Hope SK is right about Blair....cant afford to have a leaky middle with as many as three of our key middle defenders out....Johnson is an honorary middle forward on D...they run their Props at him and Luke anywho....and that combo is unbeaten in defence this year.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Bit worried about us facing our first repeat opposition opponent.

No chance of catching them off guard. Warriors get lazy if they think they have the wood on someone.

We bullied them last time and they kept turning over the ball.

We have had some epic clashes in NZ....CH CH Kevin Locke Vs goal post.

No Luke by the sounds....no Johnson.....at least Lino and Lswton have a familiarity.

Hope SK is right about Blair....cant afford to have a leaky middle with as many as three of our key middle defenders out....Johnson is an honorary middle forward on D...they run their Props at him and Luke anywho....and that combo is unbeaten in defence this year.
Hopefully the Warriors don't go into this clash cocky. While the Roosters were absolute trash last night they still have the talent to pull a blinder...

I just dont get the love for the Rorters. Their forward pack is way over rated. JWH a shadow of previous years. Radley has been good but will be out.

Play like against Tigers. 13 plus win. Did I tell you I have $92,850 in Bookie cash. Fuck Im good. Or lucky.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Manly were able to make plenty of meters straight through the middle against the Roosters, do the same and we should have a solid platform and maybe even another Lino vs Johnson debate :p
Can’t a team with some of the names they have lightly though.

Let the injuries decide on team picks, just a note would prefer princess if fit than Lino ..

I'm sure Trent Robinson will do his homework this time round and have his team better prepared.. maybe target Lino's weak defence.

I just hope Lino doesn't try to hide away in the backline next to Hiku.. ala storm ...ohh dear...

This weeks selection will be an interesting one. Lawton, Lino in for Bully and Shaun Johnson if injured. Rest remains unchanged.

We have to anticipate that the Roosters will be more prepared for this game than last. Robinson will be meticulously going through the footage of our previous games to identify areas of weakness. In particular, we have to be prepared for the Roosters to try and do what the Storm did to us, which was spread it 2 or 3 wide of the ruck early in the tackle count and expose our edges with the blistering speed and strength. The Roosters have the cattle to do it, execution will be issue. We will also need to watch out for the kicks in behind. Our edges will need to be on their game.

Warriors will find success in behind the ruck, especially if we get a roll on. Roosters have been weak there in recent weeks. Bully is currently the best in the comp at taking advantage of space in behind the ruck. if he is out, I hope that whoever his replacement is (hopefully Lawton) gets their running game on big time.

Looking for our big men to dominate the forward battle. Nothing will please me more than seeing our boys put JWH and Napa on their asses.

We have a winning formula against the Roosters. Beat them into submission early and don't let them back in. The boys executed Kearney's game plan flawlessly in our first up game against them. Let's do it again boys and show them that it wasn't a one off.

Up the Warriors!

Status
Not open for further replies.