Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 8 - Storm vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viking

Viking

Watch the highlights of Storms win at Brookvale to see why the Warriors can't play a wing\centre combo where both are 6 foot or under.

Reactions: 1 user

Jordan G

jonno

jonno

Watch the highlights of Storms win at Brookvale to see why the Warriors can't play a wing\centre combo where both are 6 foot or under.
Blake Ayshford 190 cm (6 ft 3 in)
David Fusitua 191 cm (6 ft 3 in)

They are our best options at center.

I'm now thinking

Right Edge Fusitua, Allwood (185 cm (6 ft 1 in).
Left Edge Blake, Kata (177 cm (5 ft 10 in).

Kata is short, but his kick returns are powerful and he's much harder to stop on the wing. A true mini beast who needs a guy who passes first, runs second as his center.

That would give us a left edge defense of Foz, Hoffman, Ayshford, Kata. That would be much stronger.

Allwood is quick, agile and is hitting his prime playing age so we should use him until Lolohea gets his act together. He's more than able to finish off any opportunities Fusitua creates.

I'd also think about moving Mannering out to the right edge for defense. Afoa to take over the middle defense. He's got the skills for that job.

Left edge defense of Shaun Johnson, Mannering, Fusitua, Allwood is also good IMO.

Kata and Fusitua are strong at getting us out of trouble so we've still got that aspect to our back line. Allwood and Ayshford came through the Aus league system which balances the Warriors rawness out as well.

eric

eric

Kearney won't change the team.

We have to play a near perfect game like that Anzac Day win back in 2011. Don't think these guys have it in them unfortunately

wallacenz

wallacenz

Key week this week. A win will have them at a 50percent win rate on the brink of top 8, a loss has them at 2 games below 50 which will require a run of wins to catch up

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Why isn't Pauga getting a run at centre? he looked as good as Ponga did, so why not unleash him, he can't be worse than Fusitua or Ayshford. Dropping the ball cold is killing us and not rotating the forwards. Warriors $3.50 against Storm and $1.87 with a 9.5 pt start, I am playing them both.

• Haha
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
After reading game day comments, you all have convinced me.
I'm not going to bother going to the game.
First game in 20+ years where ive been in town, had nothing else on and just didnt want to go.
I get to see one game a year and this is it. And i really dont want to come away disappointed in the team i love yet again.

its like i have a special needs child and i would rather see them not try, than try and be hurt. After years of seeing my beloved warriors getting a kicking I'm going to hold off till they regain some serious mojo.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
After reading game day comments, you all have convinced me.
I'm not going to bother going to the game.
First game in 20+ years where ive been in town, had nothing else on and just didnt want to go.
I get to see one game a year and this is it. And i really dont want to come away disappointed in the team i love yet again.

its like i have a special needs child and i would rather see them not try, than try and be hurt. After years of seeing my beloved warriors getting a kicking I'm going to hold off till they regain some serious mojo.
i think you will kick yourself if you don't go.

You will potentially miss your special needs child beating a more able bodied opponent

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
snake77

snake77

Anyone know whats happening in Melbourne that they would play this game on a Tuesday???
These ANZAC day games are a great event. The match itself is fine in terms of scheduling when ANZAC day falls on Friday - Monday. Where we could have troubles is this game is on the 25th (Tuesday). We play the Roosters on the 30th (Sunday).

That is already a short turn around. Remember we effectively lose a day due to travel getting back to Auckland. The Storm are playing the Dragons the following Sunday so effectively the ANZAC teams swap opponents.

The Roosters are in a similar situation as us needing to travel to Auckland. But still for both sides it is a pretty silly situation to be in with a professional sporting competition.

Would it be worth holding a few players back for the Roosters?
I know Melbourne will be tough even at full strength but we are going to have some pretty worn out guys by the Roosters game.

Maybe if Matulino is ready or close to being ready we give him an ISP game presuming they play on the weekend and then bring him up for the Roosters. Or if the club is intent on using him in the Storm game bring in whoever makes way for him into the side for the Roosters.

Matulino also being back from injury it will tough to turn around for both games.

Obviously we will get dispensation to name the team for the Roosters game on the Wednesday but it would be funny if no one though of it and we had to name the round 9 game on the Tuesday before we played round 8.:confused:

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
These ANZAC day games are a great event. The match itself is fine in terms of scheduling when ANZAC day falls on Friday - Monday. Where we could have troubles is this game is on the 25th (Tuesday). We play the Roosters on the 30th (Sunday).

That is already a short turn around. Remember we effectively lose a day due to travel getting back to Auckland. The Storm are playing the Dragons the following Sunday so effectively the ANZAC teams swap opponents.

The Roosters are in a similar situation as us needing to travel to Auckland. But still for both sides it is a pretty silly situation to be in with a professional sporting competition.

Would it be worth holding a few players back for the Roosters?
I know Melbourne will be tough even at full strength but we are going to have some pretty worn out guys by the Roosters game.

Maybe if Matulino is ready or close to being ready we give him an ISP game presuming they play on the weekend and then bring him up for the Roosters. Or if the club is intent on using him in the Storm game bring in whoever makes way for him into the side for the Roosters.

Matulino also being back from injury it will tough to turn around for both games.

Obviously we will get dispensation to name the team for the Roosters game on the Wednesday but it would be funny if no one though of it and we had to name the round 9 game on the Tuesday before we played round 8.:confused:
so i take it that everyone thinks once Ben is fit he comes straight back into FG?

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
i think you will kick yourself if you don't go.

You will potentially miss your special needs child beating a more able bodied opponent
your right ill probably kick myself several times.
And probably change my mind at the last minute as well.
see this is what happens when they perform mediocre for years. i let my membership lapse and start skipping games.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Expecting same team with maybe Matulino coming in - we know how Kearney works

ryno

ryno

your right ill probably kick myself several times.
And probably change my mind at the last minute as well.
see this is what happens when they perform mediocre for years. i let my membership lapse and start skipping games.

Are there areas set up for away fans?

The Batman

The Batman

Kearney is becoming to predictable. Maumalo is not a winger, develop him now as a bench second rower with size and speed. Ashyford is terrible, whats the harm blooding CNK or Pauga. Other team take the risk on their young guns...

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Are there areas set up for away fans?
they have the away zone for fans - basically on the try line at the MCG end. they also usually hold a meet and greet after the game which members can go to.

Admitidly they have had some of their best giant killer games in Melb. And imo it is the best stadium in the country for NRL, aside from Brisbane. And they always get a massive turn out of Kiwis to support the warriors. Look will you stop trying to talk me into it, god damn it, my mind is made up. I think....

ryno

ryno

they have the away zone for fans - basically on the try line at the MCG end. they also usually hold a meet and greet after the game which members can go to.

Admitidly they have had some of their best giant killer games in Melb. And imo it is the best stadium in the country for NRL, aside from Brisbane. And they always get a massive turn out of Kiwis to support the warriors. Look will you stop trying to talk me into it, god damn it, my mind is made up. I think....

We can do a vote! I reckon you should go!

Status
Not open for further replies.