Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 3 - Warriors vs Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Could someone please confirm if Lawton is available for selection this week or is he definitely out of contention?

Edit: Just remember reading Mt Wellingtons post in the injury thread confirming he is sidelined for two weeks. Looks like it will still have to be Cook on the bench.

Last edited:

Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
May 29, 2012
Sydney
I'd like to see Gelling come in for Isaiah.

Think we need someone a bit more mobile on the left than Paasi to help Kata and Maumalo in defence.

I like Pulu coming off the bench and would leave him there for this game

Gelling to help Kata and Maumalo in defence? Did you watch the trials? Gelling has a long way to go before even being considered on the bench.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Boyd played strongly last week. But apparently his team didn't back him up that much. He's a strong guy but with their first two rounds form he'll need a team effort to get over us.

Remember how we used to be the team that played everyone back into form?

At least so far we have tentatively put everyone on notice that we have worked hard on staying the full 80 minutes.

So this game as well as the next vs the Roosters are both good gauges of the new "Warriors-ness".

Don't fuck with the deep breathing!!!

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Wow, just been ghosting on a Raiders forum (the greenhouse) and they sound similar to us from season's past.

They are a bit down on their team's performance but not just from these two rounds so far, but from last year too.

I enjoy that Charlie Gubb is their player/problem now.

One person joked to play Hingano coz he'd know our calls. Tbh - not a bad idea with their form.

They will be without Leilua and apparently their Papalii is down on form too.

Steady as she goes Captain Tuivasa hyphen Scheck.

Pricey

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 2, 2016
Wow, just been ghosting on a Raiders forum (the greenhouse) and they sound similar to us from season's past.

They are a bit down on their team's performance but not just from these two rounds so far, but from last year too.

I enjoy that Charlie Gubb is their player/problem now.

One person joked to play Hingano coz he'd know our calls. Tbh - not a bad idea with their form.

They will be without Leilua and apparently their Papalii is down on form too.

Steady as she goes Captain Tuivasa hyphen Scheck.

First three posts i read in the greenhouse forums is that the warriors will win and in their pole the only votes they have is warriors by 1 to 12 or 12 and over lol
Poor bastards I know exactly how they feel having supported the warriors for 22 years..

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 10, 2013
Auckland
Pulu will start, that much I think is guaranteed. Can he do 80?. How about this for left field, have a bench of Lisone, Afoa, Cook and Perham/Soosemea. Ken Maumalo does a 20 minute stint as 2nd Row to give Pulu a break. Up the pace in both areas.

Probably will be Vete/Satae coming onto the bench with Afoa or Lisone doing the wide role.

During Manu Vatuvei's playing career forum were always trying to throw him into lock.
Now its Kens turn lol
Just like Manu, Ken will probably go through his career on the wing also.
The dudes getting more confident with each outing.
Rather see him where he is bringing the ball back ala The Beast.
IMO...

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
During Manu Vatuvei's playing career forum were always trying to throw him into lock.
Now its Kens turn lol
Just like Manu, Ken will probably go through his career on the wing also.
The dudes getting more confident with each outing.
Rather see him where he is bringing the ball back ala The Beast.
IMO...

I used to like the idea of Ken as a backrower but with some more development. I still think it has merits but so does using his frame as first or second hit up to start sets.

My old thought was bench Ken to cover back row and wing (when Manu's hamstrings were like a deteriorated bungy cord).

Perhaps his utility value could increase if he could cover centre as well?

Alright I've plucked enough from my butt on this topic. As you were.

Danpatmac

He's not the only one to give points to a loser though - Billy Moore gave thurston 2, Piggy Riddell gave Damien Cook 2, and Alan Tongue, former raider, gave Shannon Boyd 1.

the issue isn't giving points to losing players...

the issue is not giving the most points to the best players in that game. Halligan has a tendency to reward the best player on the winning team with the 3 and the best player on the losing team the 2 points, even if the best player for the losing team wasn't as good as others on the winning team.

I am of the opinion that if the two best players, or three best players were from one team then give them the points.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
First three posts i read in the greenhouse forums is that the warriors will win and in their pole the only votes they have is warriors by 1 to 12 or 12 and over lol
Poor bastards I know exactly how they feel having supported the warriors for 22 years..

They looked ok against Newcastle but just lack that killer instinct

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Boyd played strongly last week. But apparently his team didn't back him up that much. He's a strong guy but with their first two rounds form he'll need a team effort to get over us.

Remember how we used to be the team that played everyone back into form?

At least so far we have tentatively put everyone on notice that we have worked hard on staying the full 80 minutes.

So this game as well as the next vs the Roosters are both good gauges of the new "Warriors-ness".

Don't fuck with the deep breathing!!!
I remember when the warriors were the team that destroyed teams. Those are the days I want back

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I am of the opinion that if the two best players, or three best players were from one team then give them the points.
Totally agree ... this is professional rugby league ... it ain't a primary school athletics day where it's all about participation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings