Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 20 - Cowboys vs Warriors

jonno

jonno

The only ones I could see were clearly, Murphy, carlaw and campion.
I'll assume u counted pj who is aboriginal and I've since been informed by jonno that Stacey is actually a white guy too so I guess that's 6....

Tbh in the current side the "bro" that causes me the most concern is sitting in the coaching box.
Still scratching my head over that appointment.

Now in an attempt to bring this back OT (no need to thank me mods) if the "coaching bro" rolls out the same foward pack this week you would have to question his sanity.
I don't think it's a bro culture at all. I think it's a mercenary culture... Money first, club second.

Well see it in action again this weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
seeing those two grand final teams shows what we are now lacking. We need what those two teams had in common and we need it now.

bring back Lance Hohaia

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

Oh Man!!!!!!!! :banghead:
Do we really have to do this again? Thank God there's only a few weeks left
The team will be the same as last week apart from injury replacements and maybe a WTF? selection or two
Same as always
Players will get dropped for poor performances in September and not during the season while the Process is happening
Unless there is no one to replace them of course and then we will see them all again next year
And unless we get some new signings between now and then it will be the same coach and the same team for next season so it kind of makes the whole Pick The Team For Next Week Thread redundant for a year or so
Or unless the Process gets very quickly shot down by those that can. We can only live in hope

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Now in an attempt to bring this back OT (no need to thank me mods) if the "coaching bro" rolls out the same foward pack this week you would have to question his sanity.
Not necessarily. Most of that forward pack didn't perform last week. They deserve to be dropped. So what if SK replaces them with the ISP pack, in Townsville with their monsters and they get smashed. Who will cop the blame?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Would like to see Mason Lino given a chance in the halves. Not sure why the club dont rate him but he's a class above in the ISP team. No doubt his position in the reserve or bench will will be elevated with Kieran Foran always getting injured...

Reactions: 5 users
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

I remember in 2011 when Shaun Johnson came on the scene, got his opportunity due to an injury and well...

Hingano/Lino...one of you guys please be the second coming.

• Haha
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Sometimes I think Kearney does smart things, other times he clearly doesn't. How he can field an edge with afoa, kata, maumalo and think anything good will come of it. If this same edge lines up with a clearly unfit Foran, then expect one way traffic.

Defence

Defence

Not necessarily. Most of that forward pack didn't perform last week. They deserve to be dropped. So what if SK replaces them with the ISP pack, in Townsville with their monsters and they get smashed. Who will cop the blame?

Playing the same pack that's been getting stood over all year isn't gonna get us to the finals this year and is of no benefit for next year.
If I was coach the likes of mutts, Hoffman and anyone else who won't be here next year would've played their last game.
Guys like pat Sipley and satae who can actually contribute something moving forward would be getting their chance.

facefacts

I don't think it's a bro culture at all. I think it's a mercenary culture... Money first, club second.

Well see it in action again this weekend.

I think it's more like...we don't have the coaching to win the comp, so we're 99% sure we aren't going to win it, but hey, at least we're getting paid fucking well, so lets put in just enough effort to keep getting paid.
Oh and when new contract time comes around, i'll just put in that extra 10% effort that i'm not putting in at the moment.....i mean why bother, we aren't gonna win anyway.

If Mannering wants to run round like a lunatic every week in a competition we aren't going to win anyway, thats his damn problem.

I think that might be how many of our players think.

• Haha
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Thanks b
Welcome back Ivan, Things have gone a bit pearshape since you left
this team an era is my happy place , Man why did it go so horribly wrong
I'll watch the game anyway But I'd be far more interested and forgiving if
we could see non performers left out ,

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Season is over - drop all players who won't be here next year

Makasene

Makasene

1) Zac Santo
2) Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
3)Matt Allwood
4) Junior Pauga
5) Bureta Faraimo
6) Sam Cook
7) Mason Lino (c)
8) Chris Satae
9) Manaia Cherrington
10) Ligi Sao
11) Ofahiki Ogden
12) Isaiah Papali'i
13) James Bell

Interchange:
14)Daniel Palavi
15) Jazz Tevaga
16) Toafofoa Sipley
17) Patrick Sipley.

Old Sid

Would like to see Mason Lino given a chance in the halves. Not sure why the club dont rate him but he's a class above in the ISP team. No doubt his position in the reserve or bench will will be elevated with Kieran Foran always getting injured...
Couldn't agree more. Mason at 7, Foran at 6, Ata on the bench.
Been very disappointed with Ata's contribution when given the (albeit limited) opportunity this year. He has not taken his chance. Time for Mason to get 2-3 game run.

Billy Teets James

1 Omar Saimankhel
2 Odell Manuel
3 Richie Blackmore
4 Kevin Iro
5 Francis Meli
6 Shaun Hoppe
7 Manu Vatuvei
8 Grant Young
9 Nigel Vagana
10 Joe Vagana