General Pick Your Team 2017 Rnd 2 - Warriors vs Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Good news for the Warriors more like it...

Good news for Bromwich
Mon 6th March, 05:50PM

Storm Prop Jesse Bromwich has received positive news after suffering a thumb injury in last Friday night’s clash against the Bulldogs.

“It was really concerning at the time, a player like Jesse just doesn’t walk off the field immediately unless there is something seriously wrong,” Ponissi told Storm TV.

“He had a dislocation to his thumb which unfortunately pierced the skin.

“Scans have shown that there is no fracture or structural damage to the thumb.

“All going well if there is no infection and the wound heals well he could be back in two weeks.”

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2017/03/06/good_news_for_bromwi.html

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Just curious....

Does anyone think we can beat these guys ?

I think we are at need a Miracle stage.

Praying for improvement, and a respectable effort, can't see a win being possible.

Later in the year with our guns fully loaded maybe.....

I just can't see it.

Batten down the hatches.

A Storms coming.

That's why I'm on a bloody high that we banked 2 points, well done lads....play hard...play smart...play for the hoodoo....coz this week we are cast as the Knights in the David and Goliath saga....

Surely Storm fans are thinking its in the bag.

Reactions: 1 users

up the guts

Just curious....

I think we are at need a Miracle stage.

Praying for improvement, and a respectable effort, can't see a win being possible.

Later in the year with our guns fully loaded maybe.....

I just can't see it.

Batten down the hatches.

A Storms coming.

That's why I'm on a bloody high that we banked 2 points, well done lads.
Two major problems... ommf in the pigs ... i see that one jt (bigger version ) ran 295 meters in 70 mins of football ... one player i would persue untill he retires ... the other is compleation ... if you dont consistently run 80 + ...forget it...... rant over

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Play like we did against the Knights and we wont have a shit show. It doesnt matter who is in or out of the Storm team. They are the Storm and their superior team culture alone will ensure they wont come over here underdone.

The other thing that worries me is the five day turnaround hoodoo. I dont think any team has ever beaten those odds...

Reactions: 2 users

up the guts

Play like we did against the Knights and we wont have a shit show. It doesnt matter who is in or out of the Storm team. They are the Storm and their superior team culture alone will ensure they wont come over here underdone.

The other thing that worries me is the five day turnaround hoodoo. I dont think any team has ever beaten those odds...
If manners and luke are out where not a snowballs in hell welly.. but wouldnt mind a loss if we show a bit of ticker ... on a sidenote if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck plays like he did yesterday for the next 25 rounds .. he will win the dally m .. take that to the bank

Sup42

Sup42

I will be interested to see how Kearney preps under the short turn around.

Will he risk Luke or Mannering half baked ?

Will he give them a light week and focus on doing the basics well....drill....drill....drill....rather than flog them ?

Will. he bring in fresh troops and take a long view....that is....surrender this battle to win the war ?

Any Intel on how the week at Mt Smart plays out would be interesting bro...given that Kearney is some kind of nutter for prep.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
looking forward to tomorrow to see the team list, if Mannering and Luke are in there or not. As if not they cant be added later on.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
playing at night when its cooler suits the Warriors. This game falls in the not too late, not to hot, not to far to travel categories.

Lock the win in.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Will he give them a light week and focus on doing the basics well....drill....drill....drill....rather than flog them ?
From what I know of previous coaches you only get one full intensity training session on short turnarounds. The rest of the time is rehab or light training so no, they wont be getting flogged. There isnt enough time to do that and recover for the game...

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

playing at night when its cooler suits the Warriors. This game falls in the not too late, not to hot, not to far to travel categories.

Lock the win in.
Thanks Eddie for leaving out the 'Fake news'...

My only concern is that Shaun Johnson is two seconds slower on the internet stop watch.

• Haha
Miket12

Miket12

Lock the win in.
Inruin, have you let Jonno on to your computer again?

• Haha
Sup42

Sup42

From what I know of previous coaches you only get one full intensity training session on short turnarounds. The rest of the time is rehab or light training so no, they wont be getting flogged. There isnt enough time to do that and recover for the game...
Cheers bro.

Dunedin warrior

I think we will be up for this, a video session of the biggest Anzac Day massacre since gallipoli should motivate them. I can think of a certain 4 players with a point to prove plus Hoffman who will be looking for a contract with them.

Sup42

Sup42

Inruin, have you let Jonno on to your computer again?
Somewhere in the Interweb, our resident hacker puts a drawing pin next to 23 degree high....
I think we will be up for this, a video session of the biggest Anzac Day massacre since gallipoli should motivate them. I can think of a certain 4 players with a point to prove plus Hoffman who will be looking for a contract with them.
Finally a madman with faith.

Know your enemy (Kearney knows Craig and Warrior conflicts) and know yourself....and you need not fear them in 100 battles '

Sun Tzu the art of war.

No disrespect but....

That's Loco ESE.....

I like it.

We will need some abstract conjuring mantra from the best Military tactician in written records to do this.

Maybe Rubes needs to break out his 300 DVD....... SPATA !!!!

up the guts

The hoffs gonskis ... shame really because yesterday he played like he played for the blues 5 years ago

up the guts

Yeah it is a shame....and his sudden fire up suggest SK was right to snap him out of his retirement package.

That....and the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leadership, a skinnier Bully, an Shaun Johnson that takes on the line....seems to ported well for the new coach.
The 1 % ers is what seperates good teams from great teams 80% + compleations and no brain snaps ...........kennys push in the noggin, could have cost us 2 points .. u must eradicate that shit

Sup42

Sup42

The 1 % ers is what seperates good teams from great teams 80% + compleations and no brain snaps ...........kennys push in the noggin, could have cost us 2 points .. u must eradicate that shit
You can't argue with any of that.

In fact those moments cost us a season last year where we could have been very well placed in the finals for all the golden point deciders....if you removed the Warriors bullshit they are an okay team.

The only way a coach can eradicate that shit is drop players that will make the fans, the media and the organisation very nervous.

Bellamy and Bennett have Carte Blanche to do that shit....as does Nathan Brown.

In the long run it pays off.

Are people that patient ? no as a general rule on this forum.

I am.

Sack the bastards till they get it.

up the guts

You can't argue with any of that.

In fact those moments cost us a season last year where we could have been very well placed in the finals for all the golden point deciders....if you removed the Warriors bullshit they are an okay team.

The only way a coach can eradicate that shit is drop players that will make the fans, the media and the organisation very nervous.

Bellamy and Bennett have Carte Blanche to do that shit....as does Nathan Brown.

In the long run it pays off.

Are people that patient ? no as a general rule on this forum.

I am.

Sack the bastards till they get it.
I think SK has brought that mentality into this unit..
AKA bullshit will not be tolerated .... I can see mutts having his best season in eions ,because of this mindset

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Somewhere in the Interweb, our resident hacker puts a drawing pin next to 23 degree high....

Finally a madman with faith.

Know your enemy (Kearney knows Craig and Warrior conflicts) and know yourself....and you need not fear them in 100 battles '

Sun Tzu the art of war.

No disrespect but....

That's Loco ESE.....

I like it.

We will need some abstract conjuring mantra from the best Military tactician in written records to do this.

Maybe Rubes needs to break out his 300 DVD....... SPATA !!!!

Dude, whats a DVD and how do i download it from the interweb???? U old skool fellas have some answering to do. Next you'll expect people to read books.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.