Status
Not open for further replies.
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
If injury gods are kind:

Vatuvei for Maumalo
Papalii for Clark (luke to play even if still sore)
Thompson and Afoa swap places.

Be tempted to drop Lisone for being such a dummy, but its really just Gavet in reserve.

If Mannering injured, maybe just pack it in and default. But seriously who even is the next best defender to play at lock forward.... some combination of Gubb and Afoa/Papalii? blargh.

Reactions: 1 user
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Someone put a poll up - let's vote

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

I did wonder how strict the referee was on the Knights holding down. They seemed to have far more speed in the play the ball, especially compared with Lillyman who is normally pretty quick. That is something you cannot see too well on TV.
The observation at the park was not very strict at all. Newcastle were able to slow our play the call continuously, sometimes blantantly.

Reactions: 1 users
Defence

Defence

Someone put a poll up - let's vote

IMG 6041

I give her a 9

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
With only a five day turn around it may be difficult for both of them to be fit in time.

Reactions: 2 users
Miket12

Miket12

Not sure......those are some big glasses and a pretty fuzzy photo......she could have a dog like face for all we know up close......good from far, far from good maybe......
Now, if it was a photo of JRo, we all know you'd be thinking differently.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Same team with the Beast to replace Ken Maumalo which was the game plan anyway. Maumalo is merely depth...

Reactions: 6 users
Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

Don't forget, if you tackle Munster too hard it's a penalty.

• Haha
Viking

Viking

We need a quick winger to mark Ado Carr which probably has to be Lolohea despite his defensive frailties. We need a big winger to counter Vunivalu's prowess in the air, especially considering Kata will have his hands full with Chambers. The choices are Manu, Ken or Fusitua. My pick would be Fusitua if he goes allright on that side of the field (I have no idea) and have Ayshford marking up against Blair with Tui working on Ado Carr. Ayshford and Tui have combined well in the past.

Thompson would have to go to 13 if Mannering is out, none of the other forwards have shown that they can handle the defensive workload. To have any chance of beating the Storm, the hooker has to be the fastest we have on the books which would be Roache or Clark or both. We don't need a defensive genius if Thompson and his bench reliever can soak up the tackles but we definitely need to speed the attack up.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
If Mannering is out, look away.....seriously our little boys can't face the bad man without Dad.

Brilliant.
Find other wingers.

Use farkn Ayshford or Allwood on that wing....keep Shaun Johnson our pseudo half....really a stand off running free with Fusitua to pass to.....it is the one combination in our back line that may prove the best link in the Competition (coz Fusitua isn't a fat bastard with his agent constantly linking him to other clubs and blackmailing the Warriors).

Kens not a Winger....but he draws defenders, bends the line like an expensive prop.

Agreed, every caddy for Manu has had the same job description, make his meters when he’s not there. And these aren’t the easy ones on the back of a forward carrying it, that’s Jacobs job, your job is to bend the line in the first place.

Laumape made a pretty good fist of it early in his warriors career.

Jono Wright, who probably never considered himself a meter eater, was talked up as a big body who could carry the ball.

Now its Maumalo. At some point it has to end and whoever plays left wing can just play a normal role, which means doing some donkey work, everyone has to, but not the knees up, up the guts, can’t get back to your wing to finish a move or support run cos you’ve just been smashed by 3 defenders as big as you.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
https://www.nrl.com/sea-eagles-props-face-two-match-bans/tabid/10874/newsid/104319/default.aspx

no judiciary mention of Vete's crusher tackle, so probably wasn't worth a penalty then, ashley klein - you bald little crook.
I soberly watched a replay today. The refereeing was bloody shocking. The penalty that led to their third try was a blatant milk. One can say what they like about the Warriors defence but they were playing 14 men plus the bunker out there. The Aussies have always been snivelling cheats but if this carries on I dread to think. Hopefully it is only for the NRL owned clubs.
if Mannering is out, none of the other forwards have shown that they can handle the defensive workload.
Not to mention his bending the line on attack, but Afoa and Gubb did plenty of tackling on Sunday. That Afoa really impresses me more with every hit out. The kid has guts, doesn't miss tackles and is only going to improve with experience.

Reactions: 1 users

Dunedin warrior

Presuming Mannering and Luke are passed fit this is a pretty good time to play the storm, Green and Procter have left and Bromwich, Harris and Slater all injured. That is a lot of personell missing including their best three forwards from last year. If our forwards can get on top we can win this.

Same team Manu in for Ken, possibly Clark for Papillii if Luke is not fully fit.

Reactions: 3 users
Miket12

Miket12

Presuming Mannering and Luke are passed fit this is a pretty good time to play the storm, Green and Procter have left and Bromwich, Harris and Slater all injured. That is a lot of personell missing including their best three forwards from last year. If our forwards can get on top we can win this.

Same team Manu in for Ken, possibly Clark for Papillii if Luke is not fully fit.
I'm wondering if mt.wellington has heard about Luke and Simon because the person who I usually hear from does know anything yet. Also he hasn't heard of any possible changes/replacements from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.