Will the Warriors win the bye?

• Yes

• 50/50

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Being the bye week, its going to be painfully slow around here, so question for the Ken “New Wendell Sailor/F-ck the haters” Maumalo doubter Jordan G how do you think he’s been going? Apart from the dragons when the whole team was mudd, its been hard to poke holes in him lately.

Assume manu got through the weekends game, but its hard to see a way back for him barring injury.

Reactions: Sup42

Jordan G

Being the bye week, its going to be painfully slow around here, so question for the Ken “New Wendell Sailor/F-ck the haters” Maumalo doubter Jordan G how do you think he’s been going? Apart from the dragons when the whole team was mudd, its been hard to poke holes in him lately.

Assume manu got through the weekends game, but its hard to see a way back for him barring injury.

I've constantly said I'm a fan of his, constantly said he's not a winger.

Nothing's changed.

Glad he's getting more out of his game, but at best he'll only be a first grade winger who has extra strings to his bow. He'll never be a top echelon winger.

Reactions: Billy Teets James
I've constantly said I'm a fan of his, constantly said he's not a winger.

Nothing's changed.

Glad he's getting more out of his game, but at best he'll only be a first grade winger who has extra strings to his bow. He'll never be a top echelon winger.
Look at the Broncos wingers.
Corey Oates - gets selected for origin
Same style as Ken although Corey's better obviously
Ken could turn out great. He's improving every week

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Seeing as we’ve had a parade of mostly hopeless (or injured cursed) wingers over a long time, I’d take anything that’s about average.

Would be nice to see him make a defensive save, teams are so interested in running at Johnson and Thompson at the moment, he seems to be getting a bit of holiday on the left.

I thought he would never make it and they were wasting their time, so happy to be proven wrong for the moment.

Reactions: Sup42

Jordan G

Billy Teets James

You don't need super fast guys as wingers always. Sometimes a 2m tall tank works just fine.
Don't need super fast wingers? A 2m Tank works just fine? Might as well stick Ben Matulino out there then?

I like Maumalo. But he gets barreled over the line by people half his size, When hes 2 meters out from the try line.
He tries/works hard. His mistake rate is getting better, Pretty much 0 mistakes the past few weeks.
All i read is praise & worship for Ken. He deserves the praise. But the worship part like he is the 2nd coming of Jonah Lomu or the like is crazy.
He is boring lol. Runs it up, Falls down, Plays the ball. Catches ball, makes a few tackles.
Don't get me wrong. He is impressing me more each game he plays.
But i prefer Manu's passion & aggression more(Mistakes & all)
Plus the way Manu gets us out of trouble when we need to get out of our half.
Obviously Manu is more rocks than diamonds.
But i love his passion.
Yeah I'm a Manu fan boy lol. Still got love for Ken, Just want him to be more aggressive! He's as big as a house! Use your size man!

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Ken Maumalo has certainly improved since the start of the year, but he's not a winger. He never beats anyone on the outside, or inside, or carries anyone over the line, or produces the sort of diving tries that Oates has produced recently. He has never displayed the aerial ability Manu had. In short, his main pro's are...meters gained, which he does well, but which he can do in the forwards. Once he loses a yard of pace, he will become obsolete as a winger, by which time he will likely be too far along to make a proper go of a move to the forwards.

Ken should be being groomed as an impact edge forward. He'll never be a winger. Every try he's scored he's literally fallen over the line. Fusitua can make something out of nothing, one of the most gifted finishers the clubs ever seen... Ken just isn't that, and won't ever be it. If the club had any interest in his long term development, he'd be being developed as an edge forward.