General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 8 - Storm vs Warriors

Do you want Tuimoala Lolohea returned to the wing or stay in the halves?

• Left wing

• Five Eighth

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 8 - Storm vs Warriors

NRLRd5StormvWarriorsO 9tCZMBo bx

After the Round 7 game against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Westpac Stadium, Wellington do you want to see any changes for the game against the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Stadium in Melbourne?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?
New coach?

Discuss...

Jordan G

Any new injury concerns......:mad:

Damn you prescheduled forum thread......right in the feels.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
jonno

jonno

Lolohea to get more game time at 6. Fusitua to get more game time along side Ayshford on the right.

Someone to fix the left edge defense would be nice but we can't have everything.

Gavet to get his shit together and make a come back. Lane to get a shot.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to make a quick recovery. Hope he's OK with that knee.. Didn't look to serious.

Other than that I'm pretty happy.

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Assuming Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is ok Id name the exact same team. Give them more time to gel and get a rhythm going...

Reactions: 2 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Fullback would be interesting aye, Lolohea is a fabulous back up fullback, but do you break the halves up if sheck isn't out too long and TL isn't around for the long haul.

Fusitua can stay even if Manu returns on the left wing about time we get some value out of an athlete like that

Reactions: 1 user
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
1-Roger Tuivasa-Sheck/Lolohea
2-Fusitua/Wright
3-Ayshford
4-KATA!!
5-Vatuvei/Fusitua
6-Lolohea/LooLooEyes/Hingano
7-Sj7
8-Lisone
9-Luke
10-Mutts
11-Thommo the Great
12-Hoffman
13-Manners

14-LooLooEyes/Tevanga/Roache
15-Lillyman
16-Sao
17-Gavet

Getting towards a stable and solid team now, I've listed preferences to allow and explain options due to injury.

No room for Robson, Hurrell, Gubb and no explanations or apologies needed.

Be well my forum brothers - enjoy your week :cigar:

Perth warrior

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck/ wells
2. Fusitua
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Manu/ Jono
6. Lolo
7. Princess
8. Lisonse
9. Bully
10. Mutts
11. Bodene
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Lillyman
15. Vete/ Sao
16. Tommy
17. Lane/ Sao

Must have Lolo back at 6 to keep building the combos. It looked sweet starting todays game. Wells at the back will be fine. He looks good in NSW cup.
Need big body bench. It showed in todays game when Kasiano, Graham and Tolman came on we started getting monstered and we lost momentum. Storm dont get any smaller. I know Lane isnt tested but as long as coach nothing plays him in small burst we should get enough from him.

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

I don't usually post in pick your team threads, because I just wait until the team is named lol but agree with everything about Tui. I was at the game tonight. Tui needs to stay in the halves if we are going to march to the finals. I don't care what they say on super saturday. Yes he maybe good at Fullback but we need him in the halves. Get someone else in there at Fullback. It was that noticeable.

Reactions: 6 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Yep Tui needs to continue playing five eighth whether or not Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is injured or not. If thats his future than thats where he needs to play.

I dont mind Thomas Leuluai on the bench subbing Isaac Luke then moving to the middle. Works for the Kiwis.

Does anyone else think David Fusitua has come of age? I know its only one game but for the first time ever I saw him going into contact head on and not shying away from it. That was the only obstacle he had to overcome IMO. He looks good as Tui's replacement on the wing. Wouldnt be surprised to see him play fullback with Manu Vatuvei expected back and Wright moving to the right wing...

Reactions: 7 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

I don't usually post in pick your team threads, because I just wait until the team is named lol but agree with everything about Tui. I was at the game tonight. Tui needs to stay in the halves if we are going to march to the finals. I don't care what they say on super saturday. Yes he maybe good at Fullback but we need him in the halves. Get someone else in there at Fullback. It was that noticeable.

His try from dummy half was a positive.

Also when he attacked the ball off a Bulldogs grubber to make a break.

Both contained the ingredient I like in his play.....backing himself.

j2004

Pick the same team as we had except drop wright bring Vatuvei in to replace him.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Gubb out (he's been terrible), Vete in.
-id be happy with either Tui or TL in at 6 Wells worth a shot if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck injured.
-Vatuvei back in for Wright if available.
-Pleasantly surprised by Fusitua, good game needs to string a few together before I fully trust him

Jordan G

Yep Tui needs to continue playing five eighth whether or not Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is injured or not. If thats his future than thats where he needs to play.

I dont mind Thomas Leuluai on the bench subbing Isaac Luke then moving to the middle. Works for the Kiwis.

Does anyone else think David Fusitua has come of age? I know its only one game but for the first time ever I saw him going into contact head on and not shying away from it. That was the only obstacle he had to overcome IMO. He looks good as Tui's replacement on the wing. Wouldnt be surprised to see him play fullback with Manu Vatuvei expected back and Wright moving to the right wing...

I'm hoping so. Big fan of what Fusitua is capable of.

Wasn't really tested defensively with the majority of the attack going down the other side, but I hope he's turned the corner. The only issue that might remain is his habit of picking up injuries.

Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The only issue that might remain is his habit of picking up injuries.
Mmmm the Jerome Fisiiahi Syndrome.

Hope not. Has always been touted as Manu Vatuvei's eventual successor. Got good finishing skills. Also needs to get a little busier like during early set hit ups out of our half and still not sure on how well his defence has developed...

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I'm hoping so. Big fan of what Fusitua is capable of.

Wasn't really tested defensively with the majority of the attack going down the other side, but I hope he's turned the corner. The only issue that might remain is his habit of picking up injuries.

Yeah thought the same thing when he was clutching his shoulder after a hit up "here we go again glass Fusitua"

Jordan G

His attack has never been in doubt or his physical gifts. It's always been his willingness to put his body on the line.

Team selections will be interesting with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck likely to be out. I have no doubt Lolohea will be fullback. I would prefer him to continue developing in the halves as well, but he played damn well today for the entire game and that will be enough to ensure he's selected .

The question then becomes, who gets TL's bench spot? Tevaga? Or do we need back cover so back comes the Hurrell experiment? Perhaps Robson will answer the Sean O'Sullivan.....

I think we'll see...

1. Lolohea
2. Fusitua/Wright
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei/Wright
6. TL
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Lisone
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Mannering

14. Tevaga/Hurrell
15. Lillyman
16/17. Two of Sao/Vete/Gavet/Gubb/Lane

kbazi

kbazi

If Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is injured, Lolohea has to be the fullback. Though I admit that if Lolo is going to be a long term half prospect and playing there as much as possible is going to benefit us, the 1/6/7 of Lolo/TL/Shaun Johnson worked out of the box. Ultimately with that combination they beat the bulldogs 14-6 with that half time effort.

I think It’d be too risky to bring someone like Wells into Fullback as he doesn’t have the qualities which Lolo and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck posses. He’s more of a 2007 type fullback where it was all about playing safe, positioning and some last play tackle ball playing. These days, the ideal fullback is both a strong ball runner and ball player.

It would be harder for us to find a 1:1 5/8 equivalent, rather than a 1:1 fullback. Lolohea is pretty interchangeable with Sheck and TL is somewhat interchangeable with Lolohea (as a 5/8), but bringing Wells in as a fullback is probably going backwards.

I’m hoping (presumably Roger Tuivasa-Sheck won’t be available)

1. Lolohea
2. Wright/Fusitua (probably prefer Fusitua, however Wright seems to have more passion)
3. Kata
4. Ayshofrd
5. Manu
6. TL
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Lisone (liking this new role)
9. Bully
10. Matulino (our best forward by a mile)
11. Bodene
12. Hoff
13. Mannering

As for the bench, it’s going to be interesting. Hurrell probably comes back into contention to cover a few positions.

Hurrell/Tevaga/Vete/Lillyman

*Sao needs to play more reserve grade
*Gavet is an excellent option but has poor discipline, the first few games his penalties were inexcusable
*Lane - I hope he can develop some form in reserve grade, still wouldn’t bring him in yet. Something about his interviews told me that he doesn't have any passion for the warriors jersey but instead is trying to just play some first grade. I'd put my last dollar on it that he has no intetion of being a long term Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.