General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 7 - Bulldogs vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurion

Sao in definitely along with Gavet and Lane given their time with Dogs they'd both have something to prove. We've get something extra/different any way we can

Love to see Jazz in the mix too!

Reactions: 3 users
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

Regardless of who is picked I'll be there at the caketin.....I fear however I will be out numbered by those yellow seats!!
I'll wave to you when I see you. I'll be easily recognisable, I'll probably be the only other one in the stand

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

6 Again

A few boys in Reserve grade putting their best foot forward, time for Cappy to look at rotating some of our bench players back through NSW Cup. I'd be looking at Ligi Sao starting at lock if Bodene is still out injured. Shaun Lane also would have to come into contention and Henare Wells seems solid at the back and has rocket shoes.

I think a few changes this week could help our focus, Bulldogs will be on a 5 day turn around and we should be looking to take advantage of that.

Reactions: 1 user

Jordan G

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Lolohea
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei/Wells/Wright
6. Shaun Johnson
7. TL
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Hoffman
12. Mannering
13. Sao

14. Tevaga
15. Vete
16. Lisone/Gavet
17. Lane

Outside of Thompson getting better and Hurrell suddenly becoming the 80 minute player we'd all like him to be and usurping Ayshford, I'm not sure how our team could get stronger on paper than that one.

Reactions: 4 users
jsmooove

jsmooove

what ever team gets picked we need aggression. when they dogs have been beaten or struggled the other team has really taken it to them. the way manly tackled matulino in the first hit up is the aggression we need.

if not i got this scary feeling that klemmer is going to terrorize us. whats the bet he runs at robson if he robson is in the team?

Reactions: 1 users

6 Again

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Lolohea
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei/Wells/Wright
6. Shaun Johnson
7. TL
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Hoffman
12. Mannering
13. Sao

14. Tevaga
15. Vete
16. Lisone/Gavet
17. Lane

Outside of Thompson getting better and Hurrell suddenly becoming the 80 minute player we'd all like him to be and usurping Ayshford, I'm not sure how our team could get stronger on paper than that one.

Good Team and good size on the bench, that will be important against the dogs ... we'll need to match their aggression.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Wells
Allwood
Mannering
Kata
Shaun Johnson
Lolohea
Matulino
Luke
Lane
Hoffman
Sao
Thompson

Tevaga
Vete
Lauitiiti
18th: Nicoll-Klokstad
Coach: S Jones

Time to blood the new kids and leave them there to focus on basics and defense to build for next year. We have to accept we're on par with Wests Tigers. With no supercoach in sight Stacey is our best option.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Billy Teets James

Lolohea
Fusitua
Hurrell
Kata
Vatuvei
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Closer to the action, Let him run. Has a good passing game)
Shaun Johnson
Muts
Leuluai
Vete
Mannering
Sao
Thompson

Lane
Lauititi
Gavet
Luke

No actual special reason for picking this side.
Other than a heap of power and potential to open a game up.

diehard

Any way we could switch the B team to the A team as a unit? Maybe even keep Stacey as the coach? Might want to put their hand up and give more effort.

Pete

Pete

Reserve grade playing well. We have options. Chi chi chi changes, time to make a change. Monster forward pack time. Sao, Gavet in the mix. Lane why not. Im picking a big win for us overs doggies with the right team. Angry motivated forward pack.

Fenderboy

Fenderboy

Looking at the Bulldogs forward pack that played this week fills me with dread when I look at the dominance Manlys pack had over us. Could get real ugly at the Caketin.

Centurion

Looking at the Bulldogs forward pack that played this week fills me with dread when I look at the dominance Manlys pack had over us. Could get real ugly at the Caketin.

It could get ugly if Cappy gets selection wrong again. We've got enough firepower to match it with the Dogs including our starters AND potential bench if he gets it right!

j2004

The warriors jersey shown in the above pick with the yellow in it was that ever for sale

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
The warriors jersey shown in the above pick with the yellow in it was that ever for sale
nah mate, they just mocked it up after that Manly game to represent the Warriors performance - Yellow.

• Haha

Centurion

Both Graham and Tolman have high workrates and neither of them ran for over 55 mins in their last 2 outings (Tolman did run for 66 mins 3 rounds back and Graham longer in rounds 1 and 2)?

Interesting I thought Muts played too long; 72 minutes and he looked wasted at the end of both halves! Dropped ball and got bumped off from Matai who scored (yeah when he was having a laugh with Myles). Thought he lacked that same sting with his hit ups too! Noticed the same last week when he ran for nearly 70 mins.

Just an observation.

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

Both Graham and Tolman have high workrates and neither of them ran for over 55 mins in their last 2 outings (Tolman did run for 66 mins 3 rounds back and Graham longer in rounds 1 and 2)?

Interesting I thought Muts played too long; 72 minutes and he looked wasted at the end of both halves! Dropped ball and got bumped off from Matai who scored (yeah when he was having a laugh with Myles). Thought he lacked that same sting with his hit ups too! Noticed the same last week when he ran for nearly 70 mins.

Just an observation.
I like the idea of an eighty minute Prop or close to it like him.
However this was possibly one of the dumbest times to start transitioning Mutts into an eighty minute Prop.

If you are going to do it, don't do it when :

1) Vatuvei is out
2) against Manly / Dogs/ Souths.
3) you will lose impact as you say, therefore the bench rotation of the other forwards must include all the players who can compensate for trading away Mutts impact.

MrWarrior203

Time for change

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Shaun Johnson
8. James Gavet
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Thomas Leuluai
15. Jacob Lillyman
16. Sam Lisone
17. Shaun Lane

18. Ligi Sao

Robson although he played better this week is gone for me Tui to 6 Maumalo gets a shot on the right Manu back to left. A week to early for Ligi Sao for me. Charlie and Albert drop out after poor numbers poor reads on D and poor offloads. Matulino is no 72 min player unless he is on an edge not in the middle 60max 30 in first 30 at end. Lillyman off the bench I think would benefit us more also. Lane to debut for us against his old boys may get 20-30mins depending on how Thompson goes. Konrad to play 80 in NSW cup will benefit him more.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
This one???

10303789 1519656834916856 7553874924868806945 n 1

https://www.nzwarriors.com/player-profiles/2013-wellington-jersey.307/

Status
Not open for further replies.