General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 6 - Warriors vs Manly

Do you bring Thomas Leuluai straight back in?

• Starting half back

• Starting hooker

• Off the bench

• Reserve Grade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan G

I don't think we should be using Konnie as a battering ram. If he's going to be coming on in the back row we should be pushing him wide and throwing short balls when he's lined up against the opposition halfback or at least with some space.

It's nice to have the extra metres coming out of trouble and yes Manu has made a career out of it, but anyone facing a 2 or 3 man gang tackle is going to struggle to break the line 95% of the time, let alone when only getting 20 minutes a game. If Konnie is going to be an impact player then he needs to be used in a way that maximises the chance of him actually making an impact.

Reactions: fizurg

Deranged

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
Did anyone watch the full game Manly played this Weekend ?

If you did, and you think they are the same Rabble from previous rounds....I'd love to hear about it.

Last week after watching the Roosters, I thought we would lose....this week after watching the Full Manly game....I'm thinking we could get raped (watch the full game if you get the chance).

Of course it is possible we will lose this week. You did say you were wrong last week and hopefully you will be really wrong this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Of course it is possible we will lose this week. You did say you were wrong last week and hopefully you will be really wrong this week.
What surprises me is reading 'on paper we should beat this side...."
I don't disagree per se, but form is constantly changing, momentum builds, and you can see this Manly side is stronger now than the one that took the field in round one....even though they are possibly weaker on paper.

It's going to be a real test. It would not surprise me to see the Warriors players under prepare mentally for what they are about to face.

Manly will offload lots, any of ours who are not switched on are going to be tested.

The biggest test will be getting over the top of their forwards, I rate Souths Props....Manly won a moral victory there last week.

True test of whether these guys want a finals berth....they will have to bring last weeks effort and a lot more smarts to go close to Manly.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
If they keep improving as they have done there is no reason why they can't win. Effort has not been an issue this year so far, it has been execution of basics and structures.

I am in the camp of believing they can win if they execute. I won't get into crazy put 50 points on them crowd. A win does me thanks very much. Our supposed weak links are known triers on the field, people like Mannering (passing), Robson and Vatuvei, (pretty much everything if you read these forums).

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
If they keep improving as they have done there is no reason why they can't win. Effort has not been an issue this year so far, it has been execution of basics and structures.

I am in the camp of believing they can win if they execute. I won't get into crazy put 50 points on them crowd. A win does me thanks very much. Our supposed weak links are known triers on the field, people like Mannering (passing), Robson and Vatuvei, (pretty much everything if you read these forums).
Yep im with u a wins a win.
And we may have just seen the team begining to gel.
Some of our runs were beautiful to watch with plsyers chiming in at the right times.

Jordan G

What surprises me is reading 'on paper we should beat this side...."
I don't disagree per se, but form is constantly changing, momentum builds, and you can see this Manly side is stronger now than the one that took the field in round one....even though they are possibly weaker on paper.

It's going to be a real test. It would not surprise me to see the Warriors players under prepare mentally for what they are about to face.

Manly will offload lots, any of ours who are not switched on are going to be tested.

The biggest test will be getting over the top of their forwards, I rate Souths Props....Manly won a moral victory there last week.

True test of whether these guys want a finals berth....they will have to bring last weeks effort and a lot more smarts to go close to Manly.

TBF that line gets thrown out here week to week no matter who the opponent is 90% of the time. Been that way for years. People must think we have some pretty strong paper because I don't think there are many teams that anybody "should" beat. Comps too close for that thinking.

Reactions: Sup42 and Deranged

diehard

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 27, 2016
From reading the forum, it sounds as though only Robson played poorly against the Roosters. Yeah, some better than others, but only Robbo didn't rate.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Lolohea
3. Aysford
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Johnson
7. Tommy
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman(c)
13. Mannering

14. Hurrell
15. Vete
16. Lisone
17. Gubb

I think this is the sensible team to pick, except I'd stick Tommy on the bench to start off. Maybe bracket Tommy and Hurrell..

If we could get Hurrell back to right centre we'd be set. Or else if we moved Lolohea in one and returned Fusitua to right wing, that would work for me.

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
I think this is the sensible team to pick, except I'd stick Tommy on the bench to start off. Maybe bracket Tommy and Hurrell..

If we could get Hurrell back to right centre we'd be set. Or else if we moved Lolohea in one and returned Fusitua to right wing, that would work for me.
Not being disrespectful at all but why change something that is working?

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Not being disrespectful at all but why change something that is working?
I'm of the opinion that a coach should know who their best 17 is before the season starts, and spend the year trying to get them working as a team.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Lolohea, Hurrell, Kata, Vatuvei, Johnson, Leuluai, Lilyman, Luke, Matulino, Hoffman, Thompson, Mannering, Lisone, Vete, Sao, Roache would have been our top 17 before the season began in terms of talent.
So we should be trying to get that team on the field (allowing for injury return etc). We didn't invest in them for nothing.

Out of that list, only Hurrell seems to be in question. I'd like an explanation why he isn't in favour. Ayshord and Kata both have looked like clowns at times at centre, Konrad hasn't even had much chance to show if he's worse or better. I actually don't care if players have been lippy. If McFadden can't bring the best out of him, then move either Hurrell or Cappy on.

Back to your question, why change a winning side? A win against 2 weak teams means nothing. Post Cleary, we've only beaten the weak teams, flattering to deceive, then when we get to the good teams we drop our nuts. Last time we came up against the 'dogs of war' we got pushed backwards. We need all the firepower we can get. Ayshford looks ok now, but he and Kata got owned by the Broncos pairing. In short, we need to improve, and Manly are our bogey side.

Reactions: Freddie Futler

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
VODAFONE WARRIORS v MANLY SEA EAGLES
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
7.30pm, Saturday, April 9
VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Roger TUIVASA-SHECK
2 Tuimoala LOLOHEA
3 Blake AYSHFORD
4 Solomone KATA
5 Jonathan WRIGHT
6 Shaun JOHNSON
7 Jeff ROBSON
8 Jacob LILLYMAN
9 Issac LUKE
10 Ben MATULINO
11 Simon MANNERING
12 Ryan HOFFMAN (c)
13 Sam LISONE
Interchange
14 Jazz TEVAGA
15 Albert VETE
16 Charlie GUBB
17 Konrad HURRELL

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Thomas Leuluai returns from injury
Thomas Leuluai is set to play his first game in almost 11 months while Jonathan Wright replaces the injured Manu Vatuvei for the Vodafone Warriors’ sixth-round NRL clash against the Manly Sea Eagles at Mount Smart Stadium on Saturday (7.30pm kick-off; match day sponsor: Woodstock).
Leuluai (30) had his 2015 season ended by an ACL injury in the club’s 10th-round game against the Parramatta Eels on May 16 last year.
He has been included on a five-man bench but is poised to come back for his 68th NRL appearance on Saturday night.
Wright is named on the left wing after Vatuvei was forced off with a hamstring injury 66 minutes into Sunday’s 32-28 golden point win over the Sydney Roosters in Gosford. He made a try-scoring appearance filling in for Vatuvei against Melbourne on March 28, his only previous NRL outing so far this season.
Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden has made one other change to the starting line-up used against the Roosters, moving Sam Lisone to loose forward with Albert Vete going to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings