General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 6 - Warriors vs Manly

Do you bring Thomas Leuluai straight back in?

• Starting half back

• Starting hooker

• Off the bench

• Reserve Grade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevaga and Roache are both quality however if Lukes going to be playing 80 (and were glad hes getting form back) its crucial we carry 4 forwards. This Manly packs solid, so we gotta match it with either of these 4 - Gubb, Lisone, Vete, Hurrell, Gavet, Lane.

And TL straight back in for Robson. Id prefer to have TL getting match fit in first grade than have Robson being exposed another week. IMO a 70% TL outplays a 100% Robson, TL would only have to play bits and parts and let the big 3 run the show !!

Reactions: Sup42
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Jeff Robson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Konrad Hurrell
15. Sam Lisone
16. Charlie Gubb
17. Albert Vete

As much as I dislike Robson in the halves, and I do think it will be short lived - I have to reluctantly agree that it would be unwise to break up a right edge pairing that's been playing exceptionally well together. As much as I'd like to see Tui closer to the action, I think for now, the balance of the team requires that he remain where he is... And use next preseason as Tuis springboard into the halves. With Tommy due back this week, I'd give him 1 or 2 games in reserve grade to get up to match fitness, then he'd be slotting straight into the halfback role for mine.

With Bodene back, we get our strongest, most balanced back row combination - Simon had been killing it in the middle this year, and offered very little in the way of threat when he played on the edge against the Roosters... Bodene will bring potency back to SJs outside hip option.

With Isaac playing 80 again (and playing 80 very well), I think we need to re-address the make up of out bench. We can't carry a hooker and an "outside back" (if that's what Konnie even is anymore) on the bench... And ridiculous though it may seem, call me superstitious, but that's now 2 games for 2 wins we have when Konnies playing. He undoubtedly provides a lift when he comes on, with his completely fearless, lack of self-preservation, runs.

Have to say, I quite like the look of that team.

Realistically with Thompson back, Hurrell should go back to NSW Cup as he hasn't really done anything to cement a spot on the team. Tevaga is at his best at hooker but with Luke playing 80 mins last week and having a blinder, Tevaga looks likely to go

However, I think Hurrell being on the team whether he is in form or not is vital. The boys seem to want to have him around and seem to play harder when he's there. Also, the crowd loves Konnie and that definitely gees the team up so Konnie is vital for team morale.

Leuluai to sink a few games in reserve grade. He's been out of the game for awhile and is on the wrong side of 30, no way you chuck him into the NRL straight away

Looking at the defense, the team has to hide Robo somewhere.

Maybe stick him out the right, with Mannering/Thompson and Ayshford and put Shaun Johnson in the left edge D.

Shaun Johnson and Kata are both instinct players so might work well together defending.

But year, TL can't come back soon enough. I just hope we can keep running the same attacking structures. Robo has a very nice passing game from first receiver. It's going to be hard to watch someone else fuck that up...

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Lolohea
Ayshford
Kata
Manu/Wright,
Shaun Johnson
Robson
Mannering
Thompson/Vete
Hoffman
Matulino
Luke
Lillyman

Hurrell (still need back cover and adequate forward sub)
Gubb (Probably a revolt if he was dropped now)
Lisone/Vete. (Vete if Thompson fit) Lisone appears to have too many errors in his game atm, probably needs to calm down a bit.
Tevaga (Don't know Gavet's status, if he is fit and focussed would have him there). We will need hard bastards against Manly

For me players like TL, Sao and Wells need more game time before NRL action.

Robson is in third place in missed tackles in the NRL and gaining fast. I'd leave him at 6 to see how he progresses...

• Haha
Reactions: Woofa
Wasted? he defended brilliantly, set up two tries including the match winner again with individual brilliance and and had a hand in another...i wish all our players were being wasted like that.

My point exactly Facey. Wouldn't you rather he did that in place of Robson?

However, I think Hurrell being on the team whether he is in form or not is vital. The boys seem to want to have him around and seem to play harder when he's there. Also, the crowd loves Konnie and that definitely gees the team up so Konnie is vital for team morale.

He also plays some mean drums!!!

Reactions: Woofa
Konnie can cover the wings, centres, and back row. With Manu and Kata going down from time to time, we need him there. Just wish he'd play in the first half.

Reactions: RobRoyMcCoy
Konnie can cover the wings, centres, and back row. With Manu and Kata going down from time to time, we need him there. Just wish he'd play in the first half.

honestly Konnie has been a disappointment in the last two outings. His running style provides very little impact, he has hardly bent the line, let alone smashed through it. and his defence still looks ordinary.

Reactions: facefacts
All true Jay. He needs to go back to his former running style and take his chances. Right now, his running style is ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.