• Raymond Faitala-Mariner

• Ali Lauitiiti

• John Palavi

• Upu Poching

• Manu Vatuvei - Forwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always say never change a winning team but, there were a few injuries.
Lisone reinsured his shoulder, looked bad.
Vete backed into a tackle and hurt his leg.
Burrell should be OK watched him doing extras after the game.
And anyone who calls for Lillyman needs to check out his stats, mistake free football wins games.
Sure it great to have guys in the team that pull off mercurial feats but then give the ball away next play.
Safety first in my book.

Reactions: gREVUS

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Completely serious, play a forward in the halves until crazy eyes is fit.

Ben Henry would have been ideal, can catch and pass, played in the backs before … but he’s gone so… Bodene Thompson is the next man, he seems like he has a footy brain, has some skill, could take the line on with his step, and you fix the red alert problem in defence. Shades of Sione Faumuina against the roosters at the SFS once upon a time.

The roosters finally got sick of Jayden Nikorima being out of his depth and started Guerra in the halves on the weekend, had their best showing of the year.

Robson doesn’t kick anyway, Luke can kick if it looks like Johnson will be rushed up on or gets tackled on the 5th.

Mannering stays on the edge as you have a stack of prop/locks to fill in the middle, add another in Tevaga now, and Sao is due back sometime soon.

SST, Blake Ferguson and Shaun Kenny-Dowell are still fantastic players even if their team is winless, they play on the right for the roosters, they will fucking monster hoffman-robson-kata-vatuvei. Kata played great yesterday, he’s proving the coach right he should be #1 centre, Vatuvei is my favorite warrior, Hoffman has picked his game up recently, so not hating, but those 4 as a group, none of them are good defenders, as a combination its just luck if they don’t concede 3 times in a game. Or a half.

Robson does try and cops a battering usually, he doesn’t need to be in Auckland away from his family getting smashed after taking the ball to the line, he’s had a good career, deserves respect, he just isn’t up to it anymore.

Its a game of attack and defence, you can argue Robbo is pulling is weight on one side, try assist last week, played a big hand in first try this week, but whatever he offers is all given back when we don't have the ball.

It is very short term thinking, you don’t play the whole season that way, but cappy needs wins, I really think this would help his chances of getting another, don’t have to announce it, name a 20 man team for the game and spring it on them.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that if Thomspon is back that Cappy doesn't revert to 3 80min backrowers again. The game on the weekend should have showed that having some bench impact is important there.

Still have Gavet over Lillyman.all are forwards went forward yesterday bar him.
8 Lisonie
9 Luke
10 Ben
11 mannering
12 Hoffman
13 Gavet
14 jazz
15 Vete
16 Gubb
17 Thompson

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Tui
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. The Beast
6. Magic
7. Robbo
8. Bull
9. Bully
10. Big Ben
11. Bodene
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering
14. Tevaga
15. Gubb
16. Lisone
17. Konkrete

I assume Sao and Tommy are still unfit. Roache is still 3-4 weeks out as I spoke to him at the game yesterday. If Bodene unfit I expect Albert to get another run.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Manu Vatuvei looks to be fit so no point carrying Konrad Hurrell on the bench to cover him. Better off getting a proper tradesmen like James Gavet to do the job theyre trained too do should Bodene Thompson still be out...

Reactions: ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Manu Vatuvei looks to be fit so no point carrying Konrad Hurrell on the bench to cover him. Better off getting a proper tradesmen like James Gavet to do the job theyre trained too do should Bodene Thompson still be out...

Yeah. I can't think of any scenario(s) you'd really want a bench Konrad in the game other than a) you're ahead by so much you just want him to have a run or b) you're behind by so much you need some sort of game changing miracle. I would really not want Konrad coming on during a 10-10 arm wrestle with 20 mins to go, I see that sort of situation being exploited by any sort of clued up opposition.

I thought Konrad looked pretty laborious on TV, not sure what he looked like watching live. Nothing about his runs reminded me of his form from a couple of years ago when he was heavier but appeared faster and more damaging. Not sure where he fits into the side, his NSW cup form doesn't appear to be demanding a recall either. I wouldn't drop Blayshford for him, which is a fairly sad state of affairs.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
What hits me most is that i cant imagine a single supporter on here who actually thinks the win is guaranteed this weekend. Bottom of the table team. It should be easy. Hope to win, yes. Want to win, yes. But to actually expect to win, definitely not.

The warriors have left me so numb for so long, while i enjoyed the game i really cant say watching it left me at all excited about what is coming next. I honestly half expect another loss.

I look at Konni and think - ok what is happening with him? is he going to be a forward, or an impact player, or a centre, or a winger? And that is how i view the team under Cappi. I hope that he can come through for the team, but i really dont know.

Therefore team naming seems somewhat pointless at the moment

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
What hits me most is that i cant imagine a single supporter on here who actually thinks the win is guaranteed this weekend. Bottom of the table team. It should be easy. Hope to win, yes. Want to win, yes. But to actually expect to win, definitely not.

The warriors have left me so numb for so long, while i enjoyed the game i really cant say watching it left me at all excited about what is coming next. I honestly half expect another loss.

I look at Konni and think - ok what is happening with him? is he going to be a forward, or an impact player, or a centre, or a winger? And that is how i view the team under Cappi. I hope that he can come through for the team, but i really dont know.

Therefore team naming seems somewhat pointless at the moment

It’s the just the circumstances, the roosters still have good players, their season might be gone if they don’t win, not a typical last place team.

I’d bet on them, not because we are hopeless, they’ll just be more desperate.

The season has already reached that leveling off point where the team that really needs a win tends to get it, one great game on Friday, couple of entertaining finishes on Saturday but then the panthers-dragons, tigers-eels, sharks-storm were some low quality rubbish filled with players going off injured and really bad attack.

Reactions: gREVUS and fizurg
Hurrell can cover wing, centre, and the back row. Important in case of injuries, and few other players can do that for the Warriors. Plus, he's an impact player off the bench.

Reactions: Defence

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Hurrell can cover wing, centre, and the back row. Important in case of injuries, and few other players can do that for the Warriors. Plus, he's an impact player off the bench.
So a permanent for the bench then? And who would you pick to drop because of him?

It won't happen, but I'd start Gubb and sit down Lillyman.

Nothing's permanent, as Kata might be injured and Hurrell would take his place at centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.