• Upu Poching

• Manu Vatuvei - Forwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2012
Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 5 - Warriors vs Roosters

NRL+Rd+19+Roosters+v+Warriors+XnI7sNop-bjx.jpg

Less than 24 hours lifespan for this thread but after the Round 4 game against the Newcastle Knights at Mt Smart Stadium do you want to see any changes for the game against the Sydney Roosters at Central Coast Stadium?

You can choose up to 17 players on the poll for your team. Note that Manu Vatuvei can be selected as a wing or forward. Players names are roughly 1-13 positions. Injured players have mostly been taken out. If you want to see a player added PM mt.wellington.

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Same side will be picked, pending injuries. That's probably the right decision too. Can't see us gaining a huge amount by making unnecessary changes, and there isn't anyone banging the door down in reserve grade. I'd like to see the back of Robson but in reality who else is there.

Jordan G

Thompson is really the only question mark in regards to whether he's fit and who he comes in for.

Aside from that it's got to be the same team.

Should be a pretty boring team naming on Tuesday, which isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Freddie Futler

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Same side will be picked, pending injuries. That's probably the right decision too. Can't see us gaining a huge amount by making unnecessary changes, and there isn't anyone banging the door down in reserve grade. I'd like to see the back of Robson but in reality who else is there.
Bodene back in if he's ready, otherwise, I think you're right on the money.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Wells
Blake
Kata
Allwood
Tui
Shaun Johnson
Lillyman
Luke
Matulino
Hoff
Manners
Vete

Lisone
Gubb
Jazz
Manu

I was hoping Robson would be the steadying half that allows Shaun Johnson to shine. Unfortunately he is playing like shit, in attack and defense. Don't like Tui in the halves but dont have many options unless you bring up Ata from NSW cup.

I'm guessing Bodene will still be injured.

Manu proved once again how good he is at hitups. Deserves to be in the forwards and can cover the backs with some shuffling around.

I would like to see Allwood given another chance in first grade. Hasnt done anything wrong for us when he has.

And Wells, assuming not injured would be worth looking at IMO.

Hurrell hasnt done enough IMO to be in the 17.

Oh and Jazz is fast becoming one of my favourites.

Reactions: koolkat

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Cappy wasn't happy with our performance today. Maybe its because Jonno Wright wasn't playing. Boy what am I saying..
Same team for nxt wk maybe Bodine in the mix as well.. looks like the chooks are improving a bit too.. wont be easy..

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
This game is going to be huge for us.

We win this and I see the season turning around.

Massive game coming up.

Hope we can kick on from here.

Feeling good after a win.

Go the Warriors!!!!!!!!!

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
Tommy due back round 5 according to last week's reports.

Knowing Cappy he'll be reluctant to make unforced changes but he'll also know that Robson is out of form and a liability to the team atm, Tommy's his boy and as soon as he's fit I expect Robson to make way for him.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Same team again. Don't change it....ever. Unless we lose of course.
No Thompson or Gavet?

Thought Manu played well, however feel that he would have had greater impact off the bench as a forward than Hurrell provided.

All in all im just glad we won TBH. Next two games will really dictate where we are in the competition. Realistically we should beat the Roosters and Manly, with both teams having key players out.

Pete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 3, 2012
No Thompson or Gavet?

Thought Manu played well, however feel that he would have had greater impact off the bench as a forward than Hurrell provided.

All in all im just glad we won TBH. Next two games will really dictate where we are in the competition. Realistically we should beat the Roosters and Manly, with both teams having key players out.
True Thompson should be in the mix. Then the great Gavet vs Grubb debate. I saw Gavet once for Wests destroy the opposition, he was the best player on the field that day. Hopefully he finds that for us.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I'd say we will see pretty much the same team as this week with the exception of Bodene coming in for one of Vete/Lisone/Gubb.
Wish we had a better option than Robson.
Don't think Hurrell did enough to oust Kata and not sure if we can afford a bench spot for him.
Interested to see how Ali would go if given a shot.
Probably needs a couple of games in NSW cup but would be interested to see how Wells goes, liked a lot of what I saw in the 9s and looked like an actual winger.

Feel we are a solid 6/Centre/Wing away from being pretty decent

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
If Thompson is fit he comes in, he is the incumbent so will keep his place. Rest of the team the same.

One of Vete, Lisone, Gubb or Hurrell has to drop off the bench. All did well yesterday, Hurrell may be safe due to his versatility. Gubb brings that hatchet defence in the middle which raises people around him. They seem to be playing him for longer minutes which may be a pointer. He is also showing a little bit of distribution as well.

So assuming Tevaga is safe the last spot is between Vete, Lisone and Gavet. Due to Gavet being in Reserve Grade and with an eye on the cap I think he will miss out again. As he was named as starter yesterday I think Vete will get the spot. He is a bigger body and seems to be in form. I would be happy with Lisone though.

Robson I thought did OK after a dodgy start. He was selected as a safe option in the halves for Shaun Johnson and generally has delivered. However, I rate him 10-15% below what I expected. However, as there seems to be no real alternative. People will jump up and down and say Lolohea, but who goes on the wing.

It is good to see Cappy unhappy with the performance after the first win. Good to see high standards are expected.

Reactions: glory_hog and OMG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings