• Ali Lauitiiti

• John Palavi

• Upu Poching

• Manu Vatuvei - Forward

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahz

fark it,nothing to lose...all out attack & mould their defense for the future :D....
its a young mans game ka kite Koros

1-Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2-Kata
3-Fusitua
4-Hurell
5-Maumalo(laughable but still young & room for improvement with size)
6-Lolohea
7-Johnson
8-Matulino
9-Luke
10-Gavet
11-Mannering
12-Thompson
13-Lisone
14-Roache
15-Vete
16-Gubby
17-Mariner

Sammyw11

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

2. Allwood

3. Hurrell

4. Kata

5. vatuvei / fusitua / wright (injury depending)

6. Robson

7. Johnson

8. Lillyman

9. Luke

10. Matulino

11. Thompson

12. Hoffman

13. Mannering

14. Vete

15. Lisone

16. Gavet

17. Lauiti'iti

Our forwards are shit. We need more go forward, 4 forwards on the bench and no utility. Luke should be playing 80mins. my thoughts on lauiti'iti on the bench is more for experience to come on with vete lisone and gavet. Our back row should comfortably be able to play 80 mins but if not we have cover. McFadden needs to shake shit up

Reactions: 1 users

6 Again

1. RTS

2. Lolohea

3. Hurrell

4. Kata

5. Fusitua

6. Robson

7. Johnson

8. Lillyman

9. Luke

10. Matulino

11. Thompson

12. Hoffman

13. Mannering

14. Roache

15. Lisone

16. Gavet

17. Vete

Fusitua in place of Manu, doesn't really matter who you have on that wing as their unlikely to see much of the ball with Robson & Kata not distributing. Hurrell in for Ayshford as he'll likely need a rest after his failed concussion test. Time to see what improvements Konnie's made to his game in defense.

I'd have Gubb on the bench but feel he needs a run in NSW Cup before he comes back into first grade. We need his high energy impact around the middle. Gone with Vete just to add more punch up the middle to help our forwards get that much needed "go forward" and to get Luke out of dummy half and to straighten up our attack, hopefully they can start hitting some gaps.

FAN

FAN

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Blake Ayshford/Konrad Hurrell
4. Solomone Kata
5. Jonathan Wright
6. Jeff Robson
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Issac Luke
16. James Gavet
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Sam Lisone
10. Ben Matulino
17. Charlie Gubb

Based this team on Manu Vatuvei and Blake Ayshford being injured.

Konrad Hurrell is an obvious starter if Ayshford is indeed injured. If not then Ayshford retains his spot.

Jonathan Wright travelled with the team as 18th man so there's no doubt he's the first wing cab off the rank. Vatuvei looks like he could be out for awhile.

Id have Charlie Gubb on for Raymond Faitala-Mariner. Better player defensively and thats what we're lacking right now. I think RFM will still get the call up as he's a better option for the backline if someone goes down than Gubb.

Time to stop the #6 jersey BS. Hasn't helped his game whatsoever unlike what some were wanking on about.

Apart from that I expect Cappy to stick to his guns...

^^^ THIS line up for me as well.

When I first saw they had put Shaun Johnson in at #6 I was stoked, once I saw him play there, I almost had a stroke !!

He needs to be at #7, more touches of the ball, more control. As much as I don't like TL, as soon as he is fit and ready, Robbo needs to go, Tommy in at #6 for now.

I love Roache, still think this kid has a huge future with in the NRL. At some point I'd love to see him in the halfs with Shaun Johnson.

Future line up of mine would read

#1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
#2 Kata
#3 KH
#4 Tui
#5 Wells
#6 Roache
#7 Shaun Johnson
#9 Luke/Tommy

Reactions: 1 user
Stone

Stone

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Matthew Allwood
5. Solomone Kata
6. Jeff Robson
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Sam Lisone
9. Issac Luke
10. James Gavet
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman (C)
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Albert Vete
16. Ben Matulino
17. Charlie Gubb
18. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

I'd like to see Kata on Vatuvei's wing (assuming Manu is out, Kata to play a mini beast role) & Allwood inside him (Allwood has never really stood out for mine, but I can't really remember him doing anything terribly wrong with his limited chances either)

Hurrell in for Ayshford (assuming he's out), I'm still keen to see what a Hurrell - Lolohea combo could do, Tui has looked a little bit lost on the wing for mine, but he does have genuine pace with good footwork & tbf he hasn't really been given the time & space to utilize them, Hurrell to draw in edge defenders & set free a flying Lolohea

Johnson back to his rightful position (this is starting to look like a change just for changes sake, with no real plan behind it & that hardly ever works) as half & Robson in 6 by default, as ordinary as Robson has been so far, I can't really see any other real alternative at this point, (too soon for Roache right now IMO) the only way a Johnson - Lolohea halves combo works for mine is if Johnson plays the director & Tui plays a running 5/8 role, but IMO Johnson needs to start running with intent & take on the line a lot more, so Robson gets a reprieve to play the directors role for now, Thomas Leuluai to take his spot as soon as he is available

I've rewarded our current two most aggressive, effective forwards, Lisone (hoping his injury is not serious) & Gavet with starting spots, also I think we will need some genuine mongrel up front to start with against the Storms formidable Kiwis stacked pack, Matulino & Vete off the bench to hopefully keep a roll on against a battered opposition

Gubb in for RFM, despite his somewhat obvious limitations I would have Gubb come in & hopefully provide that Lisone type role off the bench & play with some real fire & heart on both attack & defence, just no brain explosions please, Matulino can cover back row if needed

I'd really like to see Issac Luke continue to build on some of the good things he started doing against the Donks, on the odd occasion that Luke skipped out of dummy half & engaged the A and B defenders before passing the ball, our forwards, at times, started to gain some real momentum, this is just one point of difference an all round class rake like Bully can provide & also what Matulino was referring to pre-season when he talked about running lines & isolating individual defenders for potential one on one match ups

Our new skipper simply needs to really REALLY stand up & be counted against his old club or I for one am seriously considering starting a BRING BACK JUJU campaign ... half kidding - half serious

Whatever line up gets trotted out against the Storm, the main thing I would like to see is the cohesive execution of somekind, ANY KIND of basic all round game plan, it doesn't have to be complicated or anything like that eg: defend in groups of 2-4, communicate, chase all attacking kicks hard & in numbers, run hard straight direct lines, Johnson to vary his kicking game, run more & take on the line with genuine intent, let the ball beat the man, use the full width of the field & get the ball to the edges more on attack

At first glance this all looks like a lot to take in, but really these are all just basic fundamentals that any coach worth his salt should be instilling into a schoolboy team much less a team of NRL first graders & IMO concentrating on the basic fundamentals of the game plan will also give our new combinations a greater chance to grow & gel

Last edited:

6 Again

A number teams posted with Kata on the wing in place of Manu, not a bad option IMO. What he lacks in height he makes up for in speed and with his low center of gravity he can run the tram lines well while also utilizing his power in bringing the ball back strongly.

Question is who replaces him at center and do we really want to re-jig the whole back line while were still struggling for cohesion in our attack.

I'm picking Cappy will make as few positional changes as possible therefore if Ayshford is fit he'll play and Wright will most likely take Manu's spot on the wing even though he got stood up and exposed for his lack of pace in NSW Cup against the Tigers. Robson, Hoffman, Wright how slow is our left side attack looking!?!

Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

How many times have we constructed a back line move in the opposition 20 where a centre or winger not named Blake Ayshford has touched the ball? Centres and wingers score close range tries against the Warriors all the time yet we just do one off hit ups and then give it to Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and say "create something out of nothing now that the defensive line is closer to you than normal". Seriously cannot stand some of the basic game planning mistakes we continue to make. Get them on the back foot by playing direct, then go around them. Its what everyone does to us. The Warriors just refuse to do it. Whether they game plan to do it but then just never do I dunno, but of course you wouldn't have Vatuvei, Kata and Hurrell in the team if you're not gonna put the ball in their hands on attack and just use them to pound you out of your own end of the field. Because they will get tired and make errors and miss tackles. Gotta take that work load off the props though... Lillyman got a bruise one time.

Diesel

Diesel

How are we $1.53 favourites for this game?

Edit: source Sportsbet

• Haha
mode81

mode81

Ahhh what to do.. what to do

Pull the trigger and go radical perhaps? ..Wholesale changes or status quo?

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck come on man not liking the comments about focusing on attack and less emphasis on defence.. nooooo don't wanna hear that, that's a slip into the Warrior mind set. Keep those high standards and all bases covered regardless. Home ground advantage with a roaring Mt Smart I sense he'll thrive.

1.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2.Fusitua - Plays well against the Storm.. size and pace to trouble Koroibete
3.Hurrell - Need some impetus and hard carries if Manu is out.. 10-15 metres from the line near unstoppable
4.Allwood - Probably the only guy from that ozzy back contingent I have a bit of time for Ayshford/Wright not so much
5.Kata - Need him in the team he's a clinical finisher and I liked what I saw of him on the wing at the Nines

6.Tui
7.Johnson

Fusitua, Hurrell & Allwood have the benefit of playing together the last two weeks in NSW Cup so it shouldn't be that much of an adjustment to first grade.

6.Robson 7.Johnson.. positional switch or go for the heir to the 6 jersey Tui & 7.Shaun Johnson?.. Tui is creative and offers a bit more on attack he will give it a decent crack in the halves with Shaunie I reckon .. shake it up Tui & Shaun Johnson were always touted as our future halves so do something about it now. Robson to the bench as halves, hooker cover.

8.Matulino - Match it up with Bromwich. Harden the fark up Mutts this team plays better when you play better.
9.Luke - On his day a better player then Smith. Personal issues aside he needs a big game
10.Lisone - Instant impact, fark Lillyman's pansy runs. Throw Lisone at them.
11.Thompson - Two weeks under his belt back in top grade time for Thompson to show some worth he was quiet against the Broncos
12.Hoffman - Need a hell of a lot more contribution from this guy. Captain should be setting the standard. Slack stats for a marquee pay type player
13.Mannering - He's a solid workhorse but you'd kill for a Corey Parker, Taumalolo, S.Burgess, Taupau type back rower. Almost as if the speed of the game has passed the Mannering type players by. Stats and massive tackle tallies are one thing but those explosive players are the modern type back rower

14.Roache - Utility .. inexperienced but already offers more then Robson
15.Gavet - Need some explosion off the bench
16.Lillyman - Coming off the bench might be the best suit for him.. 15 - 20 minute mark change with Lisone
17.Ali - Prop and back row cover wherever suits him. Experience to help compose the team and make the right choices

Pretty much how I'd go at the moment.

jonno

jonno

At 60 votes the forum team looks like this.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Lolohea
3. Kata
4. Hurrell
5. Ayshford
6. Johnson
7. Robson
8. Matulino
9. Luke
10. Gavet
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Roach
15. Lillyman
16. Lisone
17. Vete

Top Movers

Ayshford down 42%
Robson down 17%
Hoffman down 15%
RFM down 10%

Kata up 29%
Hurrell up 27%
Allwood up 15%
Wright up up 11%
Lisone up 7%

Reactions: 2 users

6 Again

At 60 votes the forum team looks like this.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Lolohea
3. Kata
4. Hurrell
5. Ayshford
6. Johnson
7. Robson
8. Matulino
9. Luke
10. Gavet
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Roach
15. Lillyman
16. Lisone
17. Vete

Provided Ayshfords fit to play I'd run with that side, even the interchange's not bad ... fark were good;)

Defence

Defence

Ryan Girdler...moron

Posted: 12 March, 2016
Calls For Shaun Johnson To Be Dropped
shaun-johnson-kiwis.jpg

There have been calls for Shaun Johnson to be dropped after his recent form slump and the Warriors' loss to the Broncos last night.

Triple M's Ryan Girdler has said that Johnson needs a wake up call after poor stats against the Warriors.

"There needs to be some consequences for actions on the field as a senior player," said Girds on Triple M's Saturday NRL show.

"He's not doing the job that (Warriors coach) Andrew McFadden needs".

Meanwhile Joey was on the Sunday footy show today saying we're using Shaun Johnson all wrong. He has to be halfback and he has to get into first receiver as much as possible. Soon as u get a quick play the ball u want the ball in Johnson's hands.
Girdler was no mug but when it comes to halves play joeys opinion carries a lot more weight than girds ( or pretty much anyone else's tbh).

Reactions: 4 users

Jordan G

Correct. Shaun Johnson needs to be first receiver. Luke and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck need to be sniffing around the middle of the field, not this drifting out and running towards the sideline BS. With the way Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson step they should be terrorising the big opposition forwards and then when they do drift out slightly they're more likely to catch them out because they've been continually testing them up the middle.

Any word on Fusitua? See a few people mentioning him in their team but he went off injured (leg issue) in yesterday's NSW Cup game.

Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

I'd like to see Kata on Vatuvei's wing (assuming Manu is out, Kata to play a mini beast role)

I'd be worried about putting him that close to the sideline..When i think of Kata on the wing i get visions of him getting repeatedly bundled in to touch going for the line on the 3rd/4th tackle. Nah, i'm sure he'd score some tries, i just wonder how he'd go defending and defusing cross field kicks etc.. probably no worse than Manu.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I'd like to see Kata on Vatuvei's wing
Is it just my imagination or did Solomone Kata grow another leg when Manu Vatuvei left the field. He looked a lot better on the wing than centre...

10.Lisone - Instant impact, fark Lillyman's pansy runs. Throw Lisone at them.
Not a lot has been said about Sam Lisone's game but he was a beast out there on Friday. Had some real venom in his hit ups and that hit on Alex Glenn hurt him. That kid is gonna rip shit up as time goes on...

Reactions: 13 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

Is it just my imagination or did Solomone Kata grow another leg when Manu Vatuvei left the field. He looked a lot better on the wing than centre...

Not a lot has been said about Sam Lisone's game but he was a beast out there on Friday. Had some real venom in his hit ups and that hit on Alex Glenn hurt him. That kid is gonna rip shit up as time goes on...

He'll either rip shit up or turn into a Sam Lousi....

• Haha
Stone

Stone

Agreed bro, it seemed as if Kata decided to take on the full responsibility of Vatuvei's loss sqaurely on his own shoulders, good stuff

As for Lisone, I just love his ultra aggressive take no prisoners attitude, his plays on both attack & defense got the biggest cheers BY FAR down at the local

Named him as my MoM in my post match rant as well

Status
Not open for further replies.