• Upu Poching

• Manu Vatuvei - Forward

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I didn't want to get into an argument with u coz we all know it's gonna be far from rational. Everyone knows how biased u are against him. It's right up there with faceys hate for manu so anything u say about him is hard to take seriously.
But if you're gonna paint me into a corner....
If the number on his back means nothing why did they change it?
They want robson running the team and Shaun Johnson playing wider( ever tho with the reduced interchange all the holes are in the middle).
Think about it- you've got Shaun Johnson and Jeff robson in the team and u want Shaun Johnson playing the support act?
Have u seen how much ball robson is getting? Have u seen what he's doing with it?
Do u remember when the Cowboys moved Jt to 6 and he got starved of the ball and they kept losing? So they gave him the 7 back and the rest is history?
Robson won't even be in the team when TL gets back so what's the point of building a game plan around him.
I don't hate Shaun Johnson. Just don't understand how be can have games like last night were he goes missing. Didn't take the line on once. He had seven on his back last year and play exactly the same way. JT played a more traditional 6 role at the cowboys which meant he didn't get his hands on the ball as mu h as at a traditions 7 role. Dumb move. Now if you are advocating we change the way we set up and run our offence to a more traditional 6 and 7 role with Shaun Johnson at 7 then I'm all for that. We saw in second half against tigers that this could and did work for us. Shaun Johnson was touching the ball 3 and 4 times in the set and playing at pace. Broncos may have limited his chances more last night with their better defence. However in our current set up he could play with 43 on his back and we still get him drifting in and out. They gave him 6 to let him know it doesn't matter what number he has on his back his role is the same.

in my opinion they should force him to play the traditional 7 role and be would have no other option than to be involved.

Reactions: 3 users
Defence

Defence

They gave him 6 to let him know it doesn't matter what number he has on his back his role is the same.

That's a very strange reason to change his number.
That's Matt Elliot level mind games if that's the case.
I'd be interested to know where u heard that.

in my opinion they should force him to play the traditional 7 role and be would have no other option than to be involved.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure what we're arguing about now.
I thought that was my original point.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG

OMG

I don't hate Shaun Johnson. Just don't understand how be can have games like last night were he goes missing. Didn't take the line on once. He had seven on his back last year and play exactly the same way. JT played a more traditional 6 role at the cowboys which meant he didn't get his hands on the ball as mu h as at a traditions 7 role. Dumb move. Now if you are advocating we change the way we set up and run our offence to a more traditional 6 and 7 role with Shaun Johnson at 7 then I'm all for that. We saw in second half against tigers that this could and did work for us. Shaun Johnson was touching the ball 3 and 4 times in the set and playing at pace. Broncos may have limited his chances more last night with their better defence. However in our current set up he could play with 43 on his back and we still get him drifting in and out. They gave him 6 to let him know it doesn't matter what number he has on his back his role is the same.

I reckon he's carrying an injury, there's a number of moments where he hesitates and repositions, hammy or groin possibly??

Maraea

Maraea

Secretly we'd all like Shaun Johnson to win a premiership like JT. I love the way JT blows up at his passengers when they aren't performing, it's awesome. Then he backs it up with mad determination, even awesomer. Maybe Shaun Johnson should just nut up tell the I know everything i've been here for a hundred years Princess idiots to fuck up, tell the coach you were never as good as me even on your best day, and get this team to a premiership

• Haha

stacky18

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Wright
Konnie
Ashyford
Kata
Tui (time to roll the dice)
Johnson
Lillyman
Robson (made some nice runs out of dummy half, cant be trusted on an edge, unlikely to do worse than Luke)
Matulino
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Bench
Luke (can only play 40min anyway)
Gavett( is no starter, is a role player)
Vete (someone said Lisone is injured)
Gubb (never dies wondering )

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
That's a very strange reason to change his number.
That's Matt Elliot level mind games if that's the case.
I'd be interested to know where u heard that.
I'm sure I heard Cappy talking about it for round 1. The fact they want him to run more and take the line on, and that is when he is at his best and its also best for the team. He said it really doesnt matter whether he has the 6 or 7 number on where he plays but talked to him about whether the 7 number on his back was potentially holding him back. Agree it shouldnt matter but given his performances in the 7 it may have been worth a shot.
Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure what we're arguing about now.
I thought that was my original point.
your original point was to give him back the 7 jersey. my point is that in the current structure it doesnt mean shit. If they change to a more traditional hands on the ball more often 7 role then I couldnt agree more.

Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

If it doesnt matter what number Shaun Johnson has on his back, and hes always had the licence to roam, then why change his number ?

seriously, can someone answer this for me please.

Reactions: 1 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I reckon he's carrying an injury, there's a number of moments where he hesitates and repositions, hammy or groin possibly??
possibly. or possibly still not fully confident/recovered from his ankle.

I am worried about Mannering and what injuries he is carrying at the moment. He doesnt look flash at all but still gets through his mountain of work.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
If it doesnt matter what number Shaun Johnson has on his back, and hes always had the licence to roam, then why change his number ?

seriously, can someone answer this for me please.
if it does matter what number is on his back why are we still getting the same performances from him even though the number has changed?

Jordan G

Because we still play left right split for reasons that are completely beyond me when you have such a gulf in talent as we do with Shaun Johnson - Robson.

The number will make no difference as long as we continue with that.

What we need are forwards crashing into the line up the middle, Shaun Johnson/Luke in the middle of the field there and ready for offloads. it boggles the mind that we have two of the best steppers in the comp and yet the single best way to break down a defensive line and create room for those styeppers is breaking tackles and offloading yet our forwards seem to do neither.

Having Shaun Johnson parked to the right is an absolute waste of time. Just let him run it from the middle of the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Ryan Girdler...moron

Posted: 12 March, 2016
Calls For Shaun Johnson To Be Dropped
shaun-johnson-kiwis.jpg

There have been calls for Shaun Johnson to be dropped after his recent form slump and the Warriors' loss to the Broncos last night.

Triple M's Ryan Girdler has said that Johnson needs a wake up call after poor stats against the Warriors.

"There needs to be some consequences for actions on the field as a senior player," said Girds on Triple M's Saturday NRL show.

"He's not doing the job that (Warriors coach) Andrew McFadden needs".

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
surfin

surfin

Ryan Girdler...moron

Posted: 12 March, 2016
Calls For Shaun Johnson To Be Dropped
shaun-johnson-kiwis.jpg

There have been calls for Shaun Johnson to be dropped after his recent form slump and the Warriors' loss to the Broncos last night.

Triple M's Ryan Girdler has said that Johnson needs a wake up call after poor stats against the Warriors.

"There needs to be some consequences for actions on the field as a senior player," said Girds on Triple M's Saturday NRL show.

"He's not doing the job that (Warriors coach) Andrew McFadden needs".

You sure this isn't a story from the start of last season?:wacky:

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Groin or lower back I reckon watching him move around the field. Surprised he was goal kicking last night. Could be a recurrence of the same thing he had in 2014

InsideBall

InsideBall

So, the guy who, one round ago, was the only player to keep us in the game - the player without whom we'd have probably not scored any points - that guy should be dropped? The guy that scored one and laid on 2 or 3?

Go home Straya, you're drunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

fuck this shit, just throw Konnie out there and hope to score more points than they do cause this structured defence thing aint working

Reactions: 4 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I think we had the same issues with Shaun Johnson at the start of last season he'll come right
isac Luke will get match fit with in a few games
An Roger will only get better as the year goes on
We've got a lot of competition for bench spots in our forwards
So we shouldn't have to put up with lackluster performances
We will be a force in a few games It's inevitable .If we can stay
relatively free, of injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.