Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 22 - Titans vs Warriors

What impact do you think Konrad Will have?

• Greatest game of his life

• Man of the Match

• Good

• Average

• Shocker

• Worst game of his life

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trugoy

Trugoy

Thinking it'll be rocks or diamonds for Konnie.
He'll either fire like he's never fired before, and destroy anything in front of him to stick it up the club..or..
over do the hype, drop balls, miss tackles, get turned inside out and get hooked early to save him.
For some reason the 1988 RL World Cup final at Eden Park comes to mind for those old enough to remember that disaster!

All adds a cool dimension to the build up anyway.

Same team for mine, except bring Gavet onto the bench for Blake. If he keeps Blake on the bench, use him as a forward, not just to sit there waiting as back cover.

If the Titans can put in a good showing against the Sharks tomorrow night or even jag a win, they'll be super confident next week.
Don't forget they were missing Ash Taylor when we beat them a few weeks ago.

Another massive game for us!!

Miket12

Miket12

Same starting 13 but changes to the bench. Still not sold on Tui as a FB but at least he's not spending 90 minutes on the bench.

Keep Blake but find away to use him.. earlier in his career, he actually played a few times at stand off, wing and even in the 2nd row. I think he played almost as many games off the bench to the second row for the Sharks as he did in the centres last season.

Drop the back up hooker in place of Afoa so you have 2nd row and propping cover. Complete the bench with two props to rotate with the starting props.

Cook on high for 80-90 minutes and enjoy served with a glass of your favourite beverage to toast a victory over the Titans

Reactions: 2 users
Woofa

Woofa

My team..

Fusitua
Manu
Kata
Lolo
Maumau
Princess
Lulu (really Id go Ata.. but too late in the season now)
Lilly
Luke
Vete
Manners
The Hoff
Bodene

Sipley
Mutts
Afoa/ Roache
Gavet

if a back goes down.. shuffle Manners or Bodene into the backline..

Reactions: 1 users

6 Again

I think while Manu is still managing that knee injury we'll continue to see an outside back on the bench as injury cover.

As good a finisher as Fusitua has proven to be on the wing we need to give our most dangerous players more ball so with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back at fullback next year I can see Fusitua making center his own.

Just as a side I'm watching Rapana have another blinder for the Raiders, it's possible Manu could've played his last test match for the Kiwis.

Last edited:
Alexthewormking

Alexthewormking

1. Lolohea
2. Maumalo
3. Fusitu'a
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Vete
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Mannering

14. Roache
15. Matulino
16. Lisone
17. Sipley

If an outside back gets injured, Bodene can cover centre with Fusitu'a moving to fullback/wing. Matulino 2nd row.

Rather have Sipley off the bench for a 10min burst rather than not playing Ayshford.

Roche>Tevaga

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brownstone

Just as a side I'm watching Rapana have another blinder for the Raiders, it's possible Manu could've played his last test match for the Kiwis.
While I strongly dispute that Manu's days as an NRL winger should be over, surely there are superior options to both he and Nightingale for the Kiwis. Rapana is excellent and Fusitua is approaching test quality. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak however should be nowhere near rep football for the time being. He was terrible last night.

Reactions: 1 user

6 Again

While I strongly dispute that Manu's days as an NRL winger should be over, surely there are superior options to both he and Nightingale for the Kiwis. Rapana is excellent and Fusitua is approaching test quality. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak however should be nowhere near rep football for the time being. He was terrible last night.

While he should hold his position at the Warriors unfortunately for Manu it's an area we currently have some good depth in for the Kiwis.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak however should be nowhere near rep football for the time being. He was terrible last night.
He was up against a good side, honestly, just look at how the Warriors performed against the Raiders and they are up 48-4 against the Bunnies, in Sydney. I think the Panthers will look much better against the Rooster next week.

Mr Brownstone

He was up against a good side, honestly, just look at how the Warriors performed against the Raiders and they are up 48-4 against the Bunnies, in Sydney. I think the Panthers will look much better against the Rooster next week.
I rate the Panthers, actually tipped them to win although there was a bit of an emotional hedge in that. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak's handling was really bad last night and he made his errors in his red zone or at crucial times. Was with a mate last night who is a Panthers tragic and he agrees that Dallin Watene-Zelezniak hasn't come close to reaching expectations yet.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I rate the Panthers, actually tipped them to win although there was a bit of an emotional hedge in that. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak's handling was really bad last night and he made his errors in his red zone or at crucial times. Was with a mate last night who is a Panthers tragic and he agrees that Dallin Watene-Zelezniak hasn't come close to reaching expectations yet.
He has still scored 7 tries this season, nothing to rave about but not to be sniffed at either.

Mr Brownstone

He has still scored 7 tries this season, nothing to rave about but not to be sniffed at either.
And look he wouldn't be the first winger to have a total shocker early in their career. Some go on to become NRL legends!!

davewjnz

davewjnz

All eyes will be on the Titans vs the Sharkies game tomorrow night then

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
The team for this week should pretty much be the same as on Saturday barring any injury. Tui needs to stay in the team to continue to build his confidence.

Fusitua played well in the centres and deserves to have another go. I do feel for sorry for Ashford he has had a pretty good season considering what was happening around him but that is professional footy.

It will be interesting to see if what happens with the bench. The Warriors will have an 8 day turnaround whereas the Titans only had 6. We should look at running the Titans off their feet. So having 4 forwards should be the way to go.

We can’t continue to use only a 3 man bench. Cappy needs to take a risk and not worry about injuries in the backs.

The top 8 is now on the online and you can’t be conservative anymore.
What fascinates me the most about this game will be the Tongan brothers against Konnie.

Manu and Konnie playing against each other will be interesting. I wonder if they will allow them just to play touch footy.

Anyway I am looking forward to Sunday. No more excuses we need to make the 8 it has been too long.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

If the Warriors go in to the game with an us versus Hurrell attitude they will get done. I bet he will be used as a dummy runner a fair bit.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

If the Warriors go in to the game with an us versus Hurrell attitude they will get done. I bet he will be used as a dummy runner a fair bit.

As opposed to a dummy spitter for a change.

glory_hog

I would go with the same run on team, but would rather have bigger bodies on the bench. if we can match there forwards... which havent backed down all season, our backs should take care of business..... I see our backs slowly picking them apart.

-Bench
Mutts
Gavet
Lisone
Asyhford just for backline break down coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.