General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 19 - Manly vs Warriors

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Expecting to see a pretty standard team with the only exception being some of the rehab crew coming back like Ryan Hoffman and Manu Vatuvei if fit. You never know what Cappy will do with Tuimoala but if he's a man of his recent word we'll see Fusitua at fullback and Tui on the wing...

1. David Fusitua
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Thomas Leuluai
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Issac Luke
10. Albert Vete
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Sam Lisone
16. Ben Matulino
17. Charlie Gubb

diehard

Expecting to see a pretty standard team with the only exception being some of the rehab crew coming back like Ryan Hoffman and Manu Vatuvei if fit. You never know what Cappy will do with Tuimoala but if he's a man of his recent word we'll see Fusitua at fullback and Tui on the wing...

1. David Fusitua
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Thomas Leuluai
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Issac Luke
10. Albert Vete
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Sam Lisone
16. Ben Matulino
17. Charlie Gubb
Maumalo deserves a spot. He's been playing better than Manu had previously. Could put big beast and little beast in together, with Lolo on the bench. Better yet, put Manu on the bench and Lolo starts at wing with Maumalo.

Reactions: 1 user

phil.kingston

Maumalo deserves a spot. He's been playing better than Manu had previously. Could put big beast and little beast in together, with Lolo on the bench. Better yet, put Manu on the bench and Lolo starts at wing with Maumalo.
When you say lolohea on bench, what is it that you have him do?
Give luke a break? Hes not a hooker.
Give Leuluai a break? change halves in the middle of the game? Does any team do that with success? How did lolo go when leuluai went down with head clash few weeks ago. Not much to offer aye
Or is he just backline injury backup? So no injury, no lolohea?
None of them sound like the best way to use him. Maumalo is going really well, but he'll have to bide his time. Manu, you know he'll be out again.
Better still put Maumalo at 12 and im sure he'll do very well...but im assuming we not dropping our cap

Reactions: 1 users

diehard

I was saying Lolo on the bench as something Cappy would do. I would ideally have him at 6, with Lulu on the bench, or in the UK. Manu on the bench as a prop and back cover. Maumalo on the wing. The other wing? I don't know. Wells? Allwood? But that'll never happen, as Cappy likes Manu on the wing and Lulu at 6.

Apus

Apus

Lolohea's wing form shouldn't see him take Maulmalo's place imo. So if there's no injury in the halves/fullback, then he should be in reserve grade. He should be biding his time in the halves for NSW cup until next year barring an injury in first grade where he can slot in. I don't think his form has been fantastic, but the dude has been slotted in all over the place recently. I'd like to him to get some consistency in his game, and reserves is the only place that can currently offer that.

Having said all that, I fully expect Cappy to name Tui ahead of Maumalo. Then watch as Fusitua again has to cover for a midget who seems afraid to attack the high balls.

Reactions: 1 users
Blain

Blain

Yup, can't say he deserves to be on the wing in front of Ken.

I think he deserves Roache's utility role on the bench however.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Lolohea's wing form shouldn't see him take Maulmalo's place imo. So if there's no injury in the halves/fullback, then he should be in reserve grade. He should be biding his time in the halves for NSW cup until next year barring an injury in first grade where he can slot in. I don't think his form has been fantastic, but the dude has been slotted in all over the place recently. I'd like to him to get some consistency in his game, and reserves is the only place that can currently offer that.

Having said all that, I fully expect Cappy to name Tui ahead of Maumalo. Then watch as Fusitua again has to cover for a midget who seems afraid to attack the high balls.
I think he has to be in the team not as cover for TL but as cover for Shaun Johnson. After seeing Fusitua have to cover for him on the wing in the last game, i really dont know what i would do with him other than as a bench warmer

diehard

Lolo needs to be on the wing with Maumalo. Manu needs to be on the bench, as his defense on the wing is shit, he can't catch the high or low ball, hasn't played in awhile, and he doesn't have decent speed for a winger. What he does have is no hand brake when he slams the line, hence a prop on the bench, destroying the opposition after the 20th minute when they are tired.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Far North Forever

Cappy to name Wright on the wing because he can't make his mind up over Manu/Tui and Ken