General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 17 - Warriors vs Titans

missed the start on saturday and just about fainted when i saw Wright there...wth !

why was he there ??

hoping the beast is back to start or if not him, then big ken

only change i can see on the bench would be sipley for gubb, sipley is massive and bends the line everytime

Reactions: 6 Again
Really!?! why do you say that ;)
He only played 23 minutes? that fucked us over, if Sipley played would he have played only 23 minutes? he ran 60 metres but one of those runs was a 2nd hit up off a quick play when the sharks were back pedaling and if he looked something was on out wider but he took 20 metres there, I just can't understand how Gallen and Fafita ran for 150+ metres and he couldn't do that even with the 50 metres coming off and on the field included? Yes blame Wright and Cappy but surely Lillyman has to cop some blame we were effectively another forward down and no one even mentions it.

• Haha
Reactions: zegy and Inruin
He only played 23 minutes? that fucked us over, if Sipley played would he have played only 23 minutes? he ran 60 metres but one of those runs was a 2nd hit up off a quick play when the sharks were back pedaling and if he looked something was on out wider but he took 20 metres there, I just can't understand how Gallen and Fafita ran for 150+ metres and he couldn't do that even with the 50 metres coming off and on the field included? Yes blame Wright and Cappy but surely Lillyman has to cop some blame we were effectively another forward down and no one even mentions it.

Yep, he was below par in that game for sure but if you check his stats and I know someones thrown those up on here for you to look at (maybe on another thread) they showed Bull & Matulino were on a par with each other for this season.

Yes to Sipley bring him on, been saying it for a while but leave Bull where he is at least until either the Rookies are banging out his usual minutes and busting the down the door or until he comes off contract at the end of next year, coincidentally the same time JWH and Taumalolo are of contract as well.

Should we be worried about Bull? based on your avatar and the vitriol in your comments I get the feeling if he ever comes near you he'll get a stab in the fuck'n eyeball ;)

He played more minutes, ran more times for more metres, and made more tackles than Gubb. Both Gubb and Lillyman put in similar efforts as the Sharks bench fowards in Heighington and Paulo.

There's only so many minutes to go around, not every prop can play > 40
but he is a starting prop and a rep player e.t.c?? probably paid more than all of them together, not worth any of it IMO. ha I wish I was the Nature boy I would literally chop lillyman,wright,tl and Robson in a royal rumble.

I have had a really good idea
if Ata Hingano was to get the 7 jersey instead of Johnson a back up might be worth looking at just in case he gets injured or isn't up to it or something
So what if Lolo was to start from the bench as cover for him and have someone who actually trains at wing like, I dunno, maybe Wright playing on the wing?
I mean, I'm not an NRL coach or anything but what could go wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: diehard
Is Manu going?Did I miss that?
Not that I know, but I just see him retiring at the end of the year, if not before. Too many injuries, and his heart just doesn't seem in it. My guess is that his wife held him back from going when the shit hit the fan a month or so ago. Manu goes, "I'm going to Europe." She responds, "oh hell no."

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington
The team is what it is and apart from tweaking with who's at FB, Wing and a couple of bench spots the team is going to be very similar to the one selected for the last month, and too be honest I don't care who they pick all I want is a win and that is the only result that is acceptable.We have to target these games against fellow mid table teams, they're effectively 4 point games and winning the 2 games coming up against the Titans has to be a lay down misere. I wasn't happy with the performance against the Sharks and thought it was a wasted opportunity to steal points against a team with key players backing up from SoO.
No more excuses it's win this weekend or go home and start thinking about next season. Hope our new coach has a couple of tricks up his sleeve for next season.;)

Just hope Manu isn't rushed back into the side. Whenever he comes back from injury, he's always super sluggish and slow (more so than usual). Bring him back for the Manly game I say. Maumolo to have another crack.

Also hoping to see Fusitua at 1 and LoLo 2.

Team named for Mannering's 250th
Simon Mannering and Mount Smart Stadium will be in sharp focus for a unique double 250 celebration when the Vodafone Warriors host the Gold Coast Titans in Saturday’s 17th-round NRL clash (5.00pm kick-off; match day sponsor: TNT).

The 29-year-old Mannering, one of the modern-day game’s most consistent and durable players, will become only the second player after the great Stacey Jones to appear in 250 NRL matches for the Vodafone Warriors.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v GOLD TITANS
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
5pm, Saturday, July 2
VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 David Fusitua
2 Tuimoala Lolohea
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Thomas Leuluai
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman