12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Leuluai/Roache
15. Lillyman
16. Sipley/Lisone
17. Gubb

Jay M

Jay M

We're not expected to win this game anyway. Having Robson there won't help significantly unless Shaun Johnson is fully fit. So stuff it, throw Hingano in, let's see what happens. What have we got to lose? The kid might show he's got the goods, the others might lift around him. If not, we're probably only a 20% chance of winning this game anyway...

Apart from that... Manu in for Maumalo, I think Lillyman will come in for Sipley, but I'd prefer he came in for Gubb or Lisone.

Reactions: 1 user
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Even if TL is fit he shouldn't play nor Robson, Hingano should rightly get a go, nor should Lillyman get rushed in, now's our chance to go for broke, give these sharks a reality check, TL/Robson stifle us and Lillyman lacks the raw energy of Sipley, lets see what Cappy is made of, he ain't calling the shots like he was and doesn't have carte blanche on all of the team selections like he used to have, so hopefully they give these guys a chance to build.
These 3 wins mean absolutely NOTHING if we don't win this game or go real close to winning.

Hugh

I think now is the time to blood Hingano, but starting him at five eighth against the form team of the comp sounds reckless.
  1. David Fusitua
  2. Ken Maumalo
  3. Solomone Kate
  4. Blake Ayshford
  5. Manu Vatuvei
  6. Tui Lolohea
  7. Shaun Johnson
  8. Albert Vete
  9. Isaac Luke
  10. Ben Matulino (although I think the Warriors should look to move him on).
  11. Bodene Thompson
  12. Ryan Hoffman
  13. Simon Mannering
  14. Ata Hingano
  15. Tof Sipley
  16. Charlie Gubb (although I would like to see him start and be used as a hitman during the opening encounter against Gallen/Fifita.
  17. Sam Lisone

6 Again

Cappy must have held two trains of thought If Shaun Johnson had failed to finish the captains run last week, he brought both Hingano & Wright up from the cup side as an 18 & 19 man giving him the option of either running Tui in the halves with Fusitua dropping back to fullback and Jono Wright coming onto the wing or Ata Hingano into the halves giving him his first grade debut.

If Hingano comes in against the Sharks because of Leuluai's concussion it'd be less disruptive in terms of positional changes within the side, credit to the Roosters defense but clearly our attack was hampered by all those forced positional changes. Were all aware how conservative Cappy is with his selections and maybe a single change at 6 is the conservative option against the Sharks.

Yes Hingano is young/green, it's a big step up to first grade from reserve grade etc, but he will be a first grade player it's just a matter of when. It was largely circumstantial but it was interesting that Griffin decided to blood Nathan Cleary against the Storm in Melbourne, yes they got touched up but it didn't do him any apparent harm, it wasn't a game they were expected to win.

The Sharks at Shark Park falls into the same category for Hingano and for that reason I'd like to see him selected if Leuluai is ruled out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
KiwiZ

KiwiZ

Almost agree with you. From the post match discussion lots to be admired about Sipley's game, not much said about Lisone's (watched the game on a smartphone), although they're both great prospects for the future of this club. Based on the threads - Sipley ahead of Lisone. Ata is a great call. As good as TL is/was or can be, he hasn't delivered to even his expectations. Perfect time to bleed the talent one in a critical part of the season. He can handle.
Sipley is facing a possible 1 match ban this week and I saw Manu playing some basketball and he looked fine running around. Ata was pulled aside for the roosters game but Johnson ended up being fit. Cappy said it's unlikely as the concussion of Tl would see a replacement for this game.

Miket12

Miket12

Sipley is facing a possible 1 match ban this week and I saw Manu playing some basketball and he looked fine running around. Ata was pulled aside for the roosters game but Johnson ended up being fit. Cappy said it's unlikely as the concussion of Tl would see a replacement for this game.
According to the NRL site, an early plea would mean he won't miss any time:

Warriors forward Toafofoa Sipley has been cited by the NRL match review committee for dangerous contact but won't miss any matches with an early guilty plea.

Sipley was charged for grade one dangerous contact on Sydney Roosters forward Kane Evans in the 58th minute of the Warriors' hard-fought 12-10 Round 15 Telstra Premiership win at Mt Smart Stadium.

The base penalty for the charge is 100 points, but an early plea allows for a 25 per cent discount meaning Sipley would not miss any matches.

https://www.nrl.com/sipley-cited-by-match-review-committee/tabid/10874/newsid/98258/default.aspx

diehard

Injuries: why would TL need to sit out another game due to a concussion?
How bad is Shauny J's quad?
How bad is Manu's hammy?

Ref

Ref

Lolohea
Fusitua
Ayshford
Kata
Vatuvei
Hingano
Johnson
Lillyman
Luke
Vete
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Matulino
Gubb
Sipley
Maumolo to cover any injury in the backs- we are carrying a few with niggles. And Ken can always have a 10 min cameo in the forwards if needed.

Luke can play 80
He did v the Roosters.
We're going backwards if we play Robson
Hingano can debut, doesn't matter that's its the Sharks. All games are tough as the 15th placed Roosters showed.

Sup42

Sup42

Don't care too much who they pick tbh, the effort since Hurrell left has been pleasing from everyone.

Even though we don't look too sharp, even though the Sharks are waaayyy better and should rightly account for this team quite easily, at least they are a team.
I like Fusitua at fullback but. Thereafter I don't think it will make much difference who we pick.

We will lose. Not being negative, chances of winning are in the massive upset realms.

I don't mind either.

As long as our mob go down fighting hard.

Reactions: 1 users
KiwiZ

KiwiZ

Injuries: why would TL need to sit out another game due to a concussion?
How bad is Shauny J's quad?
How bad is Manu's hammy?
Thomas L: Usually players have a one week rest after a concussion with the late drama's over concussions. An interview after the game with Andrew McFadden proved the TL will be unlikely to play in his Current state.
Shaun Johnson: Shaun took this game easy and seemed fine at full time, I'm guessing another week till the sharks game will prove him good for the shark clash.
Manu Vatuvei: Saw in Roger Tuivashsecks snapchat that Manu was running around doing dunks on a basketball court so whats the reason for him not playing this week? Im guessing he will be 18th man.

diehard

Don't care too much who they pick tbh, the effort since Hurrell left has been pleasing from everyone.

Even though we don't look too sharp, even though the Sharks are waaayyy better and should rightly account for this team quite easily, at least they are a team.
I like Fusitua at fullback but. Thereafter I don't think it will make much difference who we pick.

We will lose. Not being negative, chances of winning are in the massive upset realms.

I don't mind either.

As long as our mob go down fighting hard.
Well, three Sharks are having to back up, Fifita, Maloney, and Gallen. We did well when the Broncos backed up from SOO.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I think this week will show everyone exactly where we actually are. After a few wins against bottom 4 sides and a Broncos team mid-Origin...hopes are high but I still don't think we're a top 8 side, let alone able to compete with the best sides. This game has never traditionally gone well for us even when the Sharks were average. I think they'll put 40 on us if I'm honest.

Reactions: 4 users
danyooll

danyooll

I think this week will show everyone exactly where we actually are. After a few wins against bottom 4 sides and a Broncos team mid-Origin...hopes are high but I still don't think we're a top 8 side, let alone able to compete with the best sides. This game has never traditionally gone well for us even when the Sharks were average. I think they'll put 40 on us if I'm honest.
Exactly how I feel, my hopes have been shot dead since the raiders game unfortunately

mode81

mode81

Would love to see Hingano at 6.. he's got the goods. threatening player he'll handle the occasion.

Stacey started his career against the Sharks years ago, similar scenario to Ata.. old enough, good enough.

rugged

rugged

With the players the sharks have backing up from origin I would hope we push them bloody close.

Bluecat again

Bluecat again

Lots of people calling for Hingano. I haven't seen any of his games this year. Is he really that good?
Probably a bit tough on Tui Lolohea but I wasn't that impressed with him at 6 last week and lots of people have been asking for that too over the last few weeks. I know that he was dropped in it and the Roosters were playing very negative football with their offside play on his side but if 6 is his natural position as so many posters have said I would have expected a bit more from him

I would prefer to see Fusitua on the left wing against the Sharks. He went ok at fullback but he looks the goods out there on the flank
Manu or Maumolo on the other side
TL at standoff if he's fit. A possible hiding isn't a good first up game for anyone and esp. not a confidence player like a half. Hingano will get his chance but not this week
Sipley, Roache/Tevaga, Lillyman and Gubb off the bench. Sipley and Gubb both impressed last week
And the rest pretty much pick themselves so business as usual.

And four in a row is not impossible. Not likely maybe but I will put a few bookie dollars on a Warriors win. I've got a funny feeling about this one. May be just gas, but you never know :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.