General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 16 - Sharks vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 16 - Sharks vs Warriors

NRLRd9SharksvWarriorsi AedKoXZDrx

After the Round 15 game against the Sydney Roosters at Mt Smart Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 16 game against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at Southern Cross Group Stadium?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

KiwiZ

KiwiZ

1. Tui Lolohea
2. David Fusitua
3. Blake ayshford
4. Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Ata Hingano
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lilyman
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Sam Lisone
16. Albert Vete
17. Charlie Gubb

Reactions: 3 users

JoeyJohns

1. Tui Lolohea
2. David Fusitua
3. Blake ayshford
4. Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Ata Hingano
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lilyman
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Sam Lisone
16. Albert Vete
17. Charlie Gubb

Almost agree with you. From the post match discussion lots to be admired about Sipley's game, not much said about Lisone's (watched the game on a smartphone), although they're both great prospects for the future of this club. Based on the threads - Sipley ahead of Lisone. Ata is a great call. As good as TL is/was or can be, he hasn't delivered to even his expectations. Perfect time to bleed the talent one in a critical part of the season. He can handle.

warriorsfan92

Cappy hinted that TL would not be available with such a short turnaround to consider, either Robson with experience or Ata for talent, i'm thinking he's going to put Robson in there, could be a huge expectation on Ata to perform against the sharks, in sydney, a fairly daunting prospect

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Same winning team bar Jacob Lillyman coming back in for Toafofoa Sipley and possibly Manu Vatuvei in for Ken Maumalo...

Reactions: 1 user
James W

James W

I'm nervous about this one, but I agree with the above.

We can definitely pull off a win. It'll just be one hell of a grind and our defence will have to be fully up to it.

Lets Gone Warriors!

• Angry

up the guts

Cappy hinted that TL would not be available with such a short turnaround to consider, either Robson with experience or Ata for talent, i'm thinking he's going to put Robson in there, could be a huge expectation on Ata to perform against the sharks, in sydney, a fairly daunting prospect
Thats the sort of attitude thats fucked us for 21 years ... get him in there .... he will run at the line .. will get smashed at some stage .... but wont bother him .... closest thing to a decent 5/8 we have had in eons ...lolo spilt center Fusitua at the back kata wing

• Haha

phil.kingston

Against the sharks too so its easy to throw out that, oh....he knows how a lot of the sharks play, so he brings in that knowledge/experience as well....blah blah blah
Ata was the 18th man today, so he's next cab off the rank...he should be playing next week if TL is out.
It was a huge shift in Cappy's thinking to use Maumalo instead of Wright...basically thinking of the future of the warriors rather than self preservation...I hope that extends to Ata/Robson situation

Far North Forever

If Tommy is out you gotta give Ata his turn, in a match we're not expected to win there won't be so much pressure on him to perform so he can just compete as best he can. I'd also be inclined to leave Bull out and save him for Titans, unless Tof is suspended then he needs to play. If Manu isn't a hundy try Ken again and hope the heavens open up because Holmes will kill him otherwise. Although not expected to win we could cause an upset with the Sharks having a disrupted week because of origin.

Reactions: 1 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Ata vs Robbie or Tui does cappy think robbo is a solid Option?
Or does cappy go to tui both of these he's done before
or does he roll the dice with ATA
team naming Tuesday should be good
hopefully we don't get a wing on the bench

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

1 Fusitua
2 Maumalo
3 Blake
4 Kata
5 Manu /Allwood/wells
6 Tui
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Vete
9 Luke
10 Mutts
11 Brodine
12 Hoff
13 Mannering

14 Lillyman
15 Gubb
16 Lisone
17 Sipley
It's going to be a tough game So chucked an extra forward on tthe bench
Back line will be able to score if the forwards lay a good platform:cigar:

nickster

nickster

1 Tui
2 Fusitua
3 Aysh
4 Kata
5 Beast/Maumalo < Maumalo if Beast is still out. Much better option than Wright or Allwood.
6 Ata < Time to throw Hingano into the fire and see what he's made of.
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Vete
9 Bully
10 Mutts
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering

14 Bull
15 Lisone
16 Sipley
17 Gubbinator

Last edited:
Blain

Blain

Ata to debut against a top 4 team away from home... I think Cappy is way to conservative for that.

Robson to come in for TL if he is out, Manu for Ken, and Lillyman for Sipley I reckon.

Would love to see Hingano..

Trugoy

Trugoy

When's Manu back?
Could go with maumalo and Manu on the wings, Fusitua fullback, tui and Shaun Johnson in the halves.

That's what I'd go with.
Robson is past it, and really can't see Cappy throwing Ata into this game head first.
Hopefully Tommy is sweet though then it doesn't matter, same backline that started against the Chooks.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1. Lolo
2. Fusitua
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Manu
6. Hingano
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Bully
10. Matulino
11. Bodene Bodene Bodene Bodene
12. The Hoff
13. Mannering

14. Maumalo
15. Lisone
16. Vete
17. Sipley

Just taking a risk of putting Bully on for 80.

Maumalo covers both wings and second row so we have to shuffle all the other injury risks.

Just a roll of the dice team this week.

• Haha
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Toafofoa Sipley has been cited by the NRL match review committee for dangerous contact but won't miss any matches with an early guilty plea.

warriorsfan92

This game shapes as one of the best of the season IMO, we have a good chance of winning this one

Can see this being a grind, our forwards are going to have to stand up against a pretty impressive sharks pack, in Fifita, Gallen, Graham etc..

Few intriguing battles, Bird vs. Kata, Hoffman vs. Graham, Maloney vs. Shaun Johnson, Matulino vs. Fifita..

Sharks are the most in form team in the comp, we're finding some good form too, really looking forward to this one..

Reactions: 1 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Lillyman to replace … Lisone, Sipley has a real impact.

Would play Robson if TL can’t. It’d be really chucking Hingano in the deep end, maybe that’d be for the best, imagine if he killed it and held his place with TL to the bench? Exciting.

Cappy’s track record is pretty safety first though.

Wouldn’t rush Manu back either, can just see him limping off after turning to chase someone, Sharks are a LOT more sophisticated in the spine than the roosters, so a hooker on the wing would be exposed, the roosters can't even pass the ball beyond the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.