General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 14 - Knights vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Manu first pick! and why not pick the same team, at least it would give them a vote of confidence, Effing Oath let's charge towards the 8!!!! Watch videos of Wikis' charge and primal scream when he ran head on into Soliola and knocked him out! the boys are going to fuck some teams up, make Halligan choke on his bullshit expert comments.

Will never forget Wiki's running Kiai ... it's much under utilized tactic these days.;)

Reactions: Leaguegod
The same group that named the Golden Boot (a committee of sports journalists) also released a World XIII which named Manu on the wing in 2014, the same year they named SJ7 the golden boot.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/64311369/shaun-johnson-wins-golden-boot-as-leagues-best-player

So he wasn't awarded international winger of the year by the RLIF, and he wasn't chosen as winger of the year by the NRL, but by a magazine who awarded Johnson the golden boot based on what 3 international games of any consequence...haha, whatever helps ya sleep at night.

Reactions: Inruin
So he wasn't awarded international winger of the year by the RLIF, and he wasn't chosen as winger of the year by the NRL, but by a magazine who awarded Johnson the golden boot based on what 3 international games of any consequence...haha, whatever helps ya sleep at night.
The RLIF haven't released a team of the year since 2013, since then they've left it up to the group that decides the Golden Boot, the very ones who named Manu and last I check 2014 comes after 2013. And why would the NRL, the organisers of a domestic competition (with a club team from one other country involved) name an international team of the year - the NRL isn't even a national organisation. That's the same as expecting the Auckland RL to name a international team.

But, I'll have a great nights sleep thanks .... Knowing you've been proven wrong ;)

The RLIF haven't released a team of the year since 2013, since then they've left it up to the group that decides the Golden Boot, the very ones who named Manu and last I check 2014 comes after 2013. And why would the NRL, the organisers of a domestic competition (with a club team from one other country involved) name an international team of the year - the NRL isn't even a national organisation. That's the same as expecting the Auckland RL to name a international team.

But, I'll have a great nights sleep thanks .... Knowing you've been proven wrong ;)

So he wasn't named international winger of the year in 2008? is that what you're saying?

But hey, you revel in the magazine award that no one seems to know about outside the golden boot itself, that awards a gong for a couple of games per season and we'll keep putting up with the garbage he deals up year after year, week after week at club level where his league leading errors and pathetic defense keep stinking up the team:).

Was impressed with Vete against the Broncos he ran with intent and tackled hard, put a couple of shots on good to see.

Lisone has to be on shaky ground.. He's an awesome ball carrier and has good ball playing ability but he's defensively lazy as fuck.

His defence in the middle is shocking. The Storm game highlighted how flimsy he can be and that last try the Broncos scored he got fended off with ease. Definitely an area of his game he needs to work on.

Reactions: Xfactor and Defence
So he wasn't named international winger of the year in 2008? is that what you're saying?

But hey, you revel in the magazine award that no one seems to know about outside the golden boot itself, that awards a gong for a couple of games per season and we'll keep putting up with the garbage he deals up year after year, week after week at club level where his league leading errors and pathetic defense keep stinking up the team:).
I've never mentioned 2008 - I said Manu was named in 2014 as the international winger of the year. I also said it occurred the same year Shaun Johnson received the Golden Boot - Shaun Johnson hadn't even paid first grade in 2008 let alone won the Golden Boot.

And remember, your first comment was about Manu being one of the main reason we hadn't been in the top 8 - last time I looked the 2012 GF was after 2008.

Better luck next time.

I've never mentioned 2008 - I said Manu was named in 2014 as the international winger of the year. I also said it occurred the same year Shaun Johnson received the Golden Boot - Shaun Johnson hadn't even paid first grade in 2008 let alone won the Golden Boot.

And remember, your first comment was about Manu being one of the main reason we hadn't been in the top 8 - last time I looked the 2012 GF was after 2008.

Better luck next time.

What's 2012 got to do with anything. ..I think you're a little confused again, just like I thought you were confused about the year he won the only international positional award I'd heard of...hell I even googled 2014 international rugby league winger of the year and google hadn't heard of the magazine award either, but hey...whatever, at least he had a good tournament once.

What's 2012 got to do with anything. ..I think you're a little confused again, just like I thought you were confused about the year he won the only international positional award I'd heard of...hell I even googled 2014 international rugby league winger of the year and google hadn't heard of the magazine award either, but hey...whatever, at least he had a good tournament once.
Because the conversations was having with Dan was that Manu was one of the reason we hadn't made the top 8 - check your calendar but the last time was 2012 - the reason I'm looking at that time period is because that's what the conversation you decided to join is based on. Check back through the posts, it will help with your confusion.

Look at the stuff article I referenced before - named along with Mannering, Procter, Whare and Johnson in a world XIII. This might be had to understand but that means they considered him 1 of the 2 best wingers in the world that year.

Last edited:
This is a game where the Warriors should show "No Mercy"
and get their For & Against total more positive than the current -62

Most teams in the top 8 currently have a positive for & against

And considering the tightness of the competition and ladder so far, an effort of 40 points or more
against the woeful Knights would be good.

Same team as Saturday..

Only one change for me, Gavet or Sao for Gubb, other than that stay the course & lets see if this current lineup can build upon last weeks performance, gain some more momentum & develop some more confidence in each other

On a side note, I thought I was actually in the Manu Vatuvei Thread for a wee while there lol

I gotta say ... what's your new one trick schtick gonna be when Manu finally retires Facey ?

Or are we gonna see posts from you on here in the year 2020 saying something along the lines of ...

"the reason why the Warriors have dogshit defence is because they are all posessed by Manu's ghost & they haven't performed a proper exorcism yet"

Top notch stuff Facey, some funny shit champ, Dave Chappelle's got nothing on you my man, well apart from constantly evolving original material that is, but apart from that ...

Shot boh ;):p:D lmao

Edit: If this post ends up gettin edited or worse still deleted then all I got to say to that is ... WTF mayne !!! ... really ???

I've just read through 3-4 pages of the same ole one track attack on the same ole back by the same ole hack & I'm the one who ends up gettin jacked ... that's whack :p

Whoa ... spittin some serious heat straight off the top of the dome right there ... copyright call ... no plagiarists please lmao

Edit Part Deux: Sorry folks, going through some persoanl problems so I'm pulling an all nighter with my close friends Mr Jameson & Miss Indica-Sativa ATM, just tryin to elevate my mood by having a laugh, nothing personal :hungover::p:D

Last edited:
Rewatched the last game and we were huge. Vete owned the first 30 mins. Bossed them out of the game. Exciting stuff so we need to keep the side in play. Give them another chance. Gavet for Gubb though. Jazz is unlucky and is close

Because the conversations was having with Dan was that Manu was one of the reason we hadn't made the top 8 - check your calendar but the last time was 2012 - the reason I'm looking at that time period is because that's what the conversation you decided to join is based on. Check back through the posts, it will help with your confusion.

Look at the stuff article I referenced before - named along with Mannering, Procter, Whare and Johnson in a world XIII. This might be had to understand but that means they considered him 1 of the 2 best wingers in the world that year.

The last time what happened was 2012?

2012 was just another season the Warriors missed the finals, so I'm not sure what you find so special about that particular season...I know you're easily confused but surely even you know the last time we made the semi's was 2011.

Ahh the number one go to source for all news and information on rugby league, stuff...hahaha.

The last time what happened was 2012?

2012 was just another season the Warriors missed the finals, so I'm not sure what you find so special about that particular season...I know you're easily confused but surely even you know the last time we made the semi's was 2011.

Ahh the number one go to source for all news and information on rugby league, stuff...hahaha.
Talk about answering your own question - Dan and I were discussing why we missed the top 8 in 2012 and onwards. You decided to jump in and go out of context back to 2008.

Last edited:
I'm sort of glad Roache is there over Jazz.. Purely due to the fact Cappy loves to have Luke and Jazz on the field at the same time, along with our halves and 11-13. We effectively drop a prop for 2 hookers.

It's a classic WTF are you doing Cappy move, and allows other teams to target our little men and get a roll on. This isn't reserve grade, we can't play less big men to give someone game time..

'Rugby is a simple game or they wouldn't let you stupid pricks play it'. A true team talk from a former Coach I had.

Same goes for the team for this game. Run straight and hard, back up, kick chase, play to the whistle and tackle. They have to do the hard yards to earn the right to play the flash.

Interesting that people were happy with the team, for me no corner has been turned etc. There is still too much flakiness on defence. It is necessary to improve this area and selections should be based on that.

Of the starters I have no issue. The bench can stay as well but can be tweaked as we go on. Lisone misses too many and gets pushed off too easily. He has shown his strength on attack so the problem is attitude. That is not to say he has a bad attitude, he just needs to get more desperate.

Tevaga/Roache, pick your poison. We are lucky to have two so good on the books. Having Gubb hitting low around the ruck area is working and he brings energy.

I know people bang on about getting a big Prop but when we have Matulino, Lillyman, Vete, Lisone, Gubb, Gavet, Sipley et al. As with all the Warriors it is the attitude that is missing at times.

I'll name a side for the Knights team - no way in hell is this what Cappy will even consider, but I thought it'd be worth a crack:

Fusitua
Wells
Ayshford
Kata
Manu
Lolohea
Shaun Johnson
Lillyman
Luke
Vete
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Leuluai
Matulino
Lisone
Sipley

I'll name an even more experimental side just for kicks and giggles.

Fusitua
Lolohea
Ayshford
Kata
Manu
Hingano
Shaun Johnson
Lillyman
Luke
Vete
Thompson
Mannering
Hoffman

Leuluai
Matulino
Lisone
Sipley

With Leuluai spelling Luke, then spelling Hoffman at lock. Thompson and Mannering locking up the edges. Leuluai is also there as cover for Hingano, but I'd like to see him blooded.

Reality is, we'll see pretty close to the same 17 named IMO.

Reactions: Woofa
Omg who fucking cares and that goes for the other guy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.