General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 14 - Knights vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 14 - Knights vs Warriors

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

After the Round 13 game against the Brisbane Broncos at Mt Smart Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 14 game against the Newcastle Knights at Hunter Stadium?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

I aint as happy as pretty much everyone, we should have won that by plenty more, dumb insane shit from Senior players made this game close, its just papering over the cracks to do the same shit hoping that it won't turn to Pus/Puss.

1.Lolo
2.Fusitua
3.Blake
4.Sol
5.Wells
6.Ata
7.Shaun Johnson
8.Mutts
9.Bully
10.Gavet
11.Brodene
12.Manners
13.Manu

14.TL- and he fucks me off big time.
15.Lillyman
16.Sipley
17.Hoffman

• Haha
Reactions: Maddog and Inruin
Same team bar Gubb. Give Sipley or Gavet a run or the player of the day for the NSW team. Gubb 2 runs in 30 mins. 13 metres. Booooooo. Crazy to change the others

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cheap Seats
I aint as happy as pretty much everyone, we should have won that by plenty more, dumb insane shit from Senior players made this game close, its just papering over the cracks to do the same shit hoping that it won't turn to Pus/Puss.

1.Lolo
2.Fusitua
3.Blake
4.Sol
5.Wells
6.Ata
7.Shaun Johnson
8.Mutts
9.Bully
10.Gavet
11.Brodene
12.Manners
13.Manu

15.Lillyman
16.Sipley
17.Hoffman
They'd be the most retarded changes to make following a win like that. Same team needs to gel, it's our best available squad. Happy to bring Sipley in for Gubb.

They'd be the most retarded changes to make following a win like that. Same team needs to gel, it's our best available squad. Happy to bring Sipley in for Gubb.
Depends if you want to make a GF or not, that team today gets killed at Suncorp after round 19.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
If you were ever going to hand Hingano a debut, against the Wooden spooners in a side that should have some confidence is the time. TL to bench. Same otherwise. If he carves then we might be on to something. If he struggles then it's not the end of the world.

1.Lolo
2.Fusitua
3.Blake
4.Sol
5.Wells
6.Ata
7.Shaun Johnson
8.Mutts
9.Bully
10.Gavet
11.Brodene
12.Manners
13.Manu

15.Lillyman
16.Sipley
17.Hoffman

Manu at lock? As in Manu Vatuvai?

Reactions: Billy Teets James
Yep, we need his go forward and he ain't a Winger at all now, just a Prop/Loosie, but if he ain't the Team Man these days he can pack his bags.
I used to subscribe to the idea of bringing Manu into the forwards.
But tonight was proof, imo , of how valuable he is bringing those massive hit ups from the wing(drops balls excluded), while our forwards are getting back after an opposition long kick.
After having Wright aka Wrong out there, with his limp ass runs, it's so obvious we missed it.

Last edited:
I used to subscribe to the idea of bringing Manu into the forwards.
But tonight was proof, imo , of how valuable he is bringing those massive hit ups from the wing(drops balls excluded), while our forwards are getting back after an opposition long kick.
After having Wright aka Wrong out there, with his limp ass runs, it's so obvious we missed it.
That proof was provided about a decade ago

1. Fusitua
2. Lolohea...he had a great attacking game at fullback vs the Bronc's, but the right edge is just a weapon both offensively and defensively with the Lolo/Ash combo.
3. Ayshford
4. Kata...classy kid who has obviously worked out going low is his best bet defensively...either he's a smart kid or shock horror he's received some good coaching.
5. Wright...we just need some smart defensive nous on the left to off-set the attacking skill of Kata, basically someone who isn't going to fuck shit up on a consistent basis.
6. TL...he did some nice work against Brisbane, just the type of 6 play that compliments Shaun Johnson nicely.
7. Johnson.
8. Vete
9. Luke
10.Lillyman
11.Thompson
12.Hoffman
13.Mannering

14.Jazz...Roache offered nothing that we need off the bench, he looks small and plays small...you cant have a hooker who's main asset is a side step.
15.Matulino
16.Sipley...Lisone has a good future i think, but he's being caught out defensively far too often, particularly when were defending on our line.
17.Manu...two 15 minute bursts when needed

4. Kata...classy kid who has obviously worked out going low is his best bet defensively...either he's a smart kid or shock horror he's received some good coaching.

I actually think it's a bit off both - he's being taught but there's also a willingness to learn his defensive role - unlike our latest export to the GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.