Pick your team for the Broncos match (17 selections)

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Manu Vatuvei - Wing

• Jonathan Wright

• Matt Allwood

• David Fusitua

• Ken Maumalo

• Solomone Kata

• Blake Ayshford

• Konrad Hurrell

• Shaun Johnson

• Jeff Robson

• Thomas Leuluai

• Ben Matulino

• Jacob Lillyman

• Sam Lisone

• James Gavet

• Albert Vete

• Charlie Gubb

• Issac Luke

• Jazz Tevega

• Ryan Hoffman

• Simon Mannering

• Shaun Lane

• Toafofoa Sipley

• John Palavi

• Upu Poching

• Bodene Thompson

• Manu Vatuvei - Forwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nows a good time to have a sit down at training with a few crates of piss and clear up this fucked up septic environment once and for all, just Cappy and the players. Cappy needs to take on the players gripes without the threat of reprisal and the players need to take on Cappys shit and understand he's human. So with that
Wells
Fusitua
Hurrell
Kata
Manu
Lolohea
Shaun Johnson
Mutts
Luke
Lillyman
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering
Tommy
Lisone
Vete
Sao/Lane/Sipley/Gavet
Give these players an assurance they are the team and let them play to their value, these are the only players that can save our season

Reactions: 5 users
Nows a good time to have a sit down at training with a few crates of piss and clear up this fucked up septic environment once and for all, just Cappy and the players. Cappy needs to take on the players gripes without the threat of reprisal and the players need to take on Cappys shit and understand he's human. So with that
Wells
Fusitua
Hurrell
Kata
Manu
Lolohea
Shaun Johnson
Mutts
Luke
Lillyman
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering
Tommy
Lisone
Vete
Sao/Lane/Sipley/Gavet
Give these players an assurance they are the team and let them play to their value, these are the only players that can save our season
I'd love to know if they have had a good drinking session, thats what us mere mortals would do and more often it works.

I reckon Lowe has it all wrong about the Club Culture.
It ain't the Bro Culture thats wrong with the Club it's the lack of one, factions create division.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Billy Teets James

Fusitua
Vatuvei
Kata
Hurrell
Lolohea
Hingano
Princess
Matulino
Luke
Vete
Hoff
Manno
Thomo

Sipley
Lisone
Lane/Gubb
Tevaga

Will Leak 10 tries/But score 20 Attack, Attack, ATTACK!

based on the NSW Cup game on the weekend I would expect these players have put their hands up to come into contention for the Warriors vs Broncos

Toafofoa Sipley
Albert Vete
Shaun Lane.
Henare Wells
Ken Maumalo
Ata Hingano
Mason Lino

Reactions: 1 user

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I'd love to know if they have had a good drinking session, thats what us mere mortals would do and more often it works.
Or a good fight. Till one gets knocked out. Nothing like a fight to find your new best friend...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
More people want Hurrel to play than TL according to the poll. Lol. Maybe both leaving for Englands tropical climate wouldn't be such a bad idea. Surely frees some cash up.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Just give me the team that showed heart and stood by each other while the other 6 guys got to have a week off.
All i ask is for my team to show heart and play for the guy next to them.
Couldn't care if we get beaten just play hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
1 Fusitua
2 Maumalo/ Wells
3 Ayshford
4 Kata
5 Manu
6 Lolohea
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Luke
10 Lisone
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Pavali

Tevega
Vete
Mannering
Sipley

Lane

Fusitua gets another shot to show what he can do at FB. I dont like him on the wing. Maumalo or Wells, whoever is considered the better of the 2 for right wing, with Kata slotting in beside them. Ayshford swaps to left wing.

Lolohea gets a chance to show if he can handle being a half. Johnson gets free range of the whole paddock. Both players play both sides. Johnson not allowed to kick anything above shoulder height.

Lillyman starts because its Bennett's team and he wants to impress for a chance at origin or a gig at the broncos next year as Bennett doesnt mind older players.

Luke starts but Jazz will come on to replace.

Lisone showed some passion and Matulino doesnt deserve to be on the pitch until he can show some pride in his jumper.

Hoffman and Thompson. But maybe they should be swapping sides as part of my shake up.

Pavali slots in at 13, with Mannering as his interchange. I would expect him to take a head shot at about the 15th minute so that he gets the free interchange.

Mannering is only just in my team, mainly because he has so much flexibility in positional ability. However with Jazz out there im really not sure the warriors need him and his errors were so costly last game its lucky i dont know some of the other juniors better as i would have stood him down because of them.

Vete because he stood out last year and seems to want it. Sipley because hes got size.

i seriously considered having Robinson at 6, he played well in his last game and Lolohea at 7 with Shaun Johnson at centre right. But think its a step to far, with all the other changes. However depending on how the team plays next week i would consider it.

The Batman Herald

Live: Jim Doyle puts McFadden and coaching team on official notice. Sweeping changes announced for Broncos match. More to follow:

In short. McFadden given to Round 18 to sort the mess at Mt. Smart. Stacey Jones - caretaker in-waiting. Kidwell, Cleary, Kearney sounded out for 2017, with Jones to assist. Vatuvei, Wright, Robson, Lousi, Palavi, Leuluai have all been told their services are not required past this season, joining Hurrell. Massive clean-out of under-performing players with huge cap space to be given to new management for recruitment from 2017 onward.

1. Fusitua
2. Maumalo
3. Nicoll-Klokstad
4. Kata
5. Allwood
6. Lolohea
7. Hingano
8. Gavet
9. Luke (c)
10. Vete
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Sipley
15. Lane
16. Tevaga
17. Lisone
18. Wells

Dropped List:

Asyhford
Matulino
Palavi
Johnson
Leuluai
Vatuvei
Wright
Robson
Lillyman

Last edited:
Live: Jim Doyle puts McFadden and coaching team on official notice. Sweeping changes announced for Broncos match. More to follow:

In short. McFadden given to Round 18 to sort the mess at Mt. Smart. Stacey Jones - caretaker in-waiting. Kidwell, Cleary, Kearney sounded out for 2017, with Jones to assist. Vatuvei, Wright, Robson, Lousi, Palavi, Leuluai have all been told their services are not required past this season, joining Hurrell. Massive clean-out of under-performing players with huge cap space to be given to new management for recruitment from 2017 onward.

1. Fusitua
2. Maumalo
3. Nicoll-Klokstad
4. Kata
5. Allwood
6. Lolohea
7. Hingano
8. Gavet
9. Luke (c)
10. Vete
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Sipley
15. Lane
16. Tevaga
17. Lisone
18. Wells

Dropped List:

Asyhford
Matulino
Palavi
Johnson
Leuluai
Vatuvei
Wright
Robson
Lillyman

For reals?

• Haha
1) Fusitua - speed + power, push up and sniff around for an offload on every play
2) Tui - speed + elusiveness
3) Ayshford - feed Tui and take down your man, trust your inside defender
4) Kata - arguably our best player so far this season
5) Wells - speed
6) Hingano - a true number 6, moreso than Tui
7) Shaun Johnson - touch the ball a minimum of 3 tackles per set. Run to the line with options left and right. Kill this out the back play bullshit as our only play. Get Fusitua, Wells and Tui on your shoulder and find gaps though the middle of the ruck.
8) Lillyman - run hard, quick to ground and quick play the balls
9) Luke - run more
10) Sipley - big unit, runs hard, he is our future
11) Matulino - run hard on the edges, get your arm free and pop passes to support runners in Fusitua, Tui, Wells and Shaun Johnson
12) Hoffman - same goes for Hoff, look for offloads with support runners on your shoulder
13) Thompson - business as usual, one of our best this season

14) Roache - need some X factor, provides this more than Jazz who is tough, but not a game winner
15) Vete - fire up son
16) Lisone - consistent aggression though the entire game please but also utilise your ball playing ability with flat balls to support runners hitting the line like James Maloney used to to off Mateo.
17) Gavet - run hard, has fallen into the hop, skip, jump routine of the others. Fire up!

Overall, lets just play a bit more unstructured, show some aggression, hit with intent and put the fear of god into the opposition. Win every tackle, dominate every set of 6. Look for more offloads, support the ball runner, look for some chip and chase opportunities or short grubbers through the line with support runners who know what's going on.
No Mannering???

No Mannering???

Yeah struggled with this one to be honest. Probably not in my team as knee-jerk reaction to his game against the Raiders. I know he does a mountain of defensive work, however I'm just not seeing enough positives from him on attack.

I know our D is an issue, but even with Simon in the team we're still leaking points. It's almost like the other guys slacken off a bit when he's there because they know they can rely on him to be involved on defence, which overall lowers everyones effort just enough to open gaps for the opposition.

If we can't tighten up our D, then I'd at least like to see a bit more emphasis on attack. Enough of the same set play out the back bullshit. I want to see big men up the guts with footwork at the line looking for an offload to support players. Far to much focus on beating teams on the outside and not creating holes in the middle.

My criteria are:

1) Warriors win.
2) Warriors competitive.
3) Warriors entertaining.

They clearly can't do the first two, so please Cappy, entertain me!

Billy Teets James

That is not a back row I would pick if I was wanting to attack....
Well you need some defense????? So the rest can attack. Those blokes tackle, Gummmmon! I do have some balance.

based on the NSW Cup game on the weekend I would expect these players have put their hands up to come into contention for the Warriors vs Broncos

Toafofoa Sipley
Albert Vete
Shaun Lane.
Henare Wells
Ken Maumalo
Ata Hingano
Mason Lino
The only one to get a run out of that lot is Lane and that is because according to Cappy's policy that the others aren't called SMITH!!!

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.