Pick your team for the Broncos match (17 selections)

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Manu Vatuvei - Wing

• Jonathan Wright

• Matt Allwood

• David Fusitua

• Ken Maumalo

• Solomone Kata

• Blake Ayshford

• Konrad Hurrell

• Shaun Johnson

• Jeff Robson

• Thomas Leuluai

• Ben Matulino

• Jacob Lillyman

• Sam Lisone

• James Gavet

• Albert Vete

• Charlie Gubb

• Issac Luke

• Jazz Tevega

• Ryan Hoffman

• Simon Mannering

• Shaun Lane

• Toafofoa Sipley

• John Palavi

• Upu Poching

• Bodene Thompson

• Manu Vatuvei - Forwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Does anyone else think Lino is worth a look? Leads a team around the field well, has a reasonable kicking and passing game and is a better runner than Robbo. Hingano is the future but not sure now's the time to bring him in. If they play Tommy at 6 and the three backrowers for 80, and we get thrashed, the nsw cup side will be the warriors team I will follow for the rest of the season.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Can anyone tell me the cheapest tickets I can purchase for the Bronco's game, I am going to my first game this year, just before calving starts. Looked at Tickettek and they seem to have some stupid fee attached to the ticket, is it cheaper to buy at the gate? I used to be a season ticket holder so don't know what is best when buying one off tickets.

Same charge if you buy from the grounds last time I paid at the gate. Broncos game will be that gold tier 1 pricing thingy wont it???

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Cappy needs to pick a team NRL sides are going to have to think about. Wright with Ashyford is terrible, I can't think of a least mediocre pairing. Cappy is a tard in terms of team selections. He pretty much has conceded there will be no attacking plays on that side of the field. As a player in the opposition, I'd be pumped to match up against that. I'm no Ashyford basher, I think he's been pretty good. But I think Lolohea to his spot offers a lot more to this side.

I think Manu will come straight back in. I'd take him over Jonno any day. TL won't lose his spot in the halves unfortunately. But I'd love to see this;

Fusitua
Allwood/Maumalo
Lolohea
Kata
Vatuvei
Hingano
Shaun Johnson
Lillyman
Luke
Gavet
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Tevaga
Lane
Sipley/Lisone (un sure on how many minutes Sipley can bash out)
Muts

I'd watch the game on that back line alone.

I'm sure the coaches are saying Ata would be thrown into a ring of fire.. Well no shit, so is every rookie to have been debuted. This guy is a natural half, something I haven't seen at the Warriors for a long time. Roll the dice cappy.. If we keep picking the same side, we wont get close to the 8 this season, and we would have missed the chance to form our team for the future.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Herald reckons the team will be 'given a reprieve' and Manu is back ... so nothing changes. If that isn't evidence that the coach has no fucking idea, I don't know what is. I've tried to give Cappy as much slack as possible, but he's gutless if we're back to square one already.

I very much doubt that I'll be tuning into the game this week either. It's going to be an absolute hammering if the Broncos turn up even halfway focused.

Toopi is King

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016
Otorohanga
Same charge if you buy from the grounds last time I paid at the gate. Broncos game will be that gold tier 1 pricing thingy wont it???
Cheers for that, looks like it might be best to buy before the game then, only buying the cheap tickets and then go and see sit with my old mates that I used to sit all the time with, anyone on here sit in the east stand?

MXRecord

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 8, 2014
The team list today will be interesting. Let's see if the changes the coaching staff were preaching are actually made. I hope Cappy has the balls to do it.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Herald reckons the team will be 'given a reprieve' and Manu is back ... so nothing changes. If that isn't evidence that the coach has no fucking idea, I don't know what is. I've tried to give Cappy as much slack as possible, but he's gutless if we're back to square one already.

I very much doubt that I'll be tuning into the game this week either. It's going to be an absolute hammering if the Broncos turn up even halfway focused.

Where does the Herald say that? Can't see anything on the site. And Manu being is a change, just not sure if it was one that needed to be made.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Don't give two shits really.

Hoping everyone picked isnt stoned on something, or worse, still coming down off their last buzz, on game day...

Surely that's not too much to ask...

No point asking them to give up drugs altogether now is there. Probably have to cancel the game if we did that...

• Haha
Reactions: ToiletDuck

diehard

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 27, 2016
Cappy worried about putting Ata in while confidence is low? Didn't have a problem with Jazz, and he did well. Cappy has a losing attitude. He needs to think that Ata is the spark they need to win, not lose his confidence. Start him on the bench. If Cappy continues to play the Aussie journeymen, he'll not only lose, but not progress. I say play the young'uns, and stick with them like the Knights do. Fusitua at fullback, Lolo at 6, Jazz at hooker, Shipley off the bench, Maumalo at wing. And then the usual suspects.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
i just want to see what these sweeping changes he spoke of are. 2 weeks is way to short a time frame to forget you said something like that.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
i just want to see what these sweeping changes he spoke of are. 2 weeks is way to short a time frame to forget you said something like that.
From what I observed from Cappy's interview on Sunday night I suspect there will be limited changes made this weekend.
He was sort off going back on that comment made after the Raiders game.
We will know at 5pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: gREVUS

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Better not be a reprieve, at this point it doesn't even take balls to make 5 or 6 changes. The fringe team simply cannot do any worse than the incumbents.

Personally would like to see either benedict or Lane starting in the second row. Lets bring some size to the first 20 minutes, thonpson can come off the bench and play the last 60

Billy Teets James

Where does the Herald say that? Can't see anything on the site. And Manu being is a change, just not sure if it was one that needed to be made.
What? Not sure that , that change should be made? Have you been watching world beater Wright on the wing lately? Smh....Manu with all the mistakes in him, Is a million times better.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
What? Not sure that , that change should be made? Have you been watching world beater Wright on the wing lately? Smh....Manu with all the mistakes in him, Is a million times better.

Der me. Didn't consider that. In my partial defence, I was focussing "a major player who played piss poor at Yarrow" as being a reason to change.

Wright is certainly not the right answer if Vatuvei's available, in body and mind.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Go all in John Key for motivational speed h " now listen here.....you lot recon you know how to keep your and piss everyone off.....Amateurs !!!
Key doesn't even know how many hands go in a hand shake...

And his drunken sluring would just encourage these clowns to get back on the sedatives.

So its a no from me.

• Haha
Reactions: dean and Murraytd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player