Pick your team for the Broncos match (17 selections)

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Manu Vatuvei - Wing

• Jonathan Wright

• Matt Allwood

• David Fusitua

• Ken Maumalo

• Solomone Kata

• Blake Ayshford

• Konrad Hurrell

• Shaun Johnson

• Jeff Robson

• Thomas Leuluai

• Ben Matulino

• Jacob Lillyman

• Sam Lisone

• James Gavet

• Albert Vete

• Charlie Gubb

• Issac Luke

• Jazz Tevega

• Ryan Hoffman

• Simon Mannering

• Shaun Lane

• Toafofoa Sipley

• John Palavi

• Upu Poching

• Bodene Thompson

• Manu Vatuvei - Forwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Also some good points about Tamou an Blair so here's hoping he turns it round
he does bend the line with ease when he's on maybe JordanG should give him
A pep talk an get him believing in his worth again ,
That's a really good point. These guys in the top team are under a microscope, and any flaws in their game will be a source of anguish for some fans...

How do players, in this high scrutiny, high criticism environment maintain healthy levels of hope for themselves to play well next game. Surely not with energy drinks and meds.

For me its really comes down to trusting your team mates to watch your back and cover each others weakness out in the middle.

If all players are always expected to be outstanding at every facit of the game, and needing no back up from the gut next to him, their weaknesses will be exposed, and the fans will focus on them in a negative way.

Its only natural to want to eliminate the weak members of the squad, cause we want to fucken win. But if they are all hanging each other out to dry, they will all look like they need a new club to bring out the best in them.

A good team player does the 1% plays, not for himself, but for his team mates. Without that there can be no sense of self worth in the squad.

How many times has a player made an error, or given away a penalty, only to then watch as the team clocks off and gives up a soft try?

That's very toxic to a players sense of self worth.

But if the team always lifted after an error, it would have the opposite effect. This is the culture shift we need to see.

But this can only happen when the coach has a hard line on errors, and doesnt pick error prone players week after week. Season after season.

Of the 600000 rugby league players in aus and nz, only 17 get grand final rings each year. Don't get depressed if your not good enough. You've got 599983 peeps in the exact same boat.

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
Interesting watching how the inexperience in the front row of the Broncos & Cowboys really stood out in both those games.

Reminds me of the growing pains were going through in our front row with Gubb, Vete, Lisone, Sipley, Gavet etc.

Unless your physically gifted like Nelson Asofa Solomona It's gotta be the one of the toughest positions to earn your stripes in the Nrl as a young player the only obvious solution is to get more game time under your belt and learn your lessons along the way.

Rotating so many of them through hasn't payed any dividends so far this season, to me McFadden's doing with Vete & Lisone what he should've done last year. Their two players he should stick with on the bench and rotate the others through that 3rd bench role.
He's a dabbler though, we see it in his bench wing selections so actually I'm wrong, on reflection the position of coach is the toughest in the Nrl for a rookie.

Last edited:

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 10, 2013
Auckland
My team would look like this

Source: https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/...roncos-vs-warriors.49166/page-9#ixzz49xPPEred
Follow us: @nzwarriorsfans on Twitter | nzwarriorsfans on Facebook

For what its worth with an extended bench.

1. Fusi
2. Maumalo
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Manu/Wells
6. Tui
7. SJ

8. Sipley
9. Luke
10. Muts
11. Hoffman
12. Bodene
13. Mannering

14. Lillyman
15. Vete
16. Lane
17. TL

18. Gavet
19. Jazz

But with Jazz coming in for TL who I fell robs the plays from Shaun Johnson to often. I think if we fielded a similar team, we could go ok,if we all show up with a clear head space. I would like to see wells in there somewhere if possible, but where, I really don't know.

Okay so how about adding Wells and Hingano to the extended list letting Cappy experiment with this chosen group for a month.
Hingano at 6 with Tui on the wing for Manu I would go with also.
TL on the Bench for Luke firstly, adding cover for injury.
Jazz adding injury cover for both.

Jordan G

Also some good points about Tamou an Blair so here's hoping he turns it round
he does bend the line with ease when he's on maybe JordanG should give him
A pep talk an get him believing in his worth again ,

From the comfort of my couch I'm 100% confident I'd have the place turned around in a matter of days.

Just don't expect results if I need to get off my couch.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Good to see someone keeping the faith .If they defended the line with half the thought
an care That you defended them we'd see results
as for me I'm in that stage between denial an acceptance

Socrates

Warriors Bench Player
Sep 25, 2015
1. Fusitua
2. Lolohea
3. Ayshford
4. Mannering
5. Kata
6. Hingano
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Sipley = Beast.
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Matulino

14. T.L
15. Gavet
16. Lisone
17. Vete

Its time to bleed in Hingano. Hes the future of the club will be excellent foil for Johnson. Back Fusi at fullback for remainder of the year, Tui back to wing had a good combo with Aysh. Matulino to Lock.

Manners should shore up his edge.

Aggression off the bench.

Might work never know :L

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Feck we have to actually play a game this week

Taking it back to something closer to the team that played the dragons
  1. Fusitua, he’s too invisible on the wing
  2. Lolohea
  3. Ayshford
  4. Kata
  5. Maumalo, give the big lummox a go, see if he’s improved
  6. Robson, Yes! Can’t believe I’m saying this but I think he’s the best partner for Johnson. If only he wasn’t so terrible in defence.
  7. Shaun ‘Judas’ Johnson
  8. Vete – where’s the guy who gave it 110% last year gone? Give him a chance to grab a starting spot, no one else is putting their hand up.
  9. Luke
  10. Gavet
  11. Thompson
  12. Hoffman
  13. Mannering - that old tale about his consistency and never having a bad game – not true anymore

14. Leuluai
  15. Lisone – gotta reward him for being one of the few who came to play last time.
  16. Lillyman – usually has a spring in his step around origin time
  17. Lane – sub for Hoffman, bit of accountability for the captains performances, and surely this big giraffe could offer something running at little milford and hunt. And get a 4L bench.
Ommitted Matulino for petty reasons, he’s pissing me off, Mannering can join him unless he does something this week.

Picking props was the hardest part, we have about 8 on the books, and none of them are really demanding selection.

Reactions: OMG and Socrates

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
If Lillyman gets a call up for Origin this week i wouldnt expect to see him back up. So our Propping stocks just took another blow.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
On the other hand with Hoffman out theres at least one concussion that he wont get this year.

Toopi is King

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016
Otorohanga
Can anyone tell me the cheapest tickets I can purchase for the Bronco's game, I am going to my first game this year, just before calving starts. Looked at Tickettek and they seem to have some stupid fee attached to the ticket, is it cheaper to buy at the gate? I used to be a season ticket holder so don't know what is best when buying one off tickets.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
If Lillyman gets a call up for Origin this week i wouldnt expect to see him back up. So our Propping stocks just took another blow.

If he plays, it will be at most 30 minutes off the bench. If he can't back up, imagine the shit he would get in the QLD camp..

Reactions: Defence

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
What I would like to know are peeps thoughts on who are the five or six that Cappy and Morgan said who are in for the chop this week.
Remember we took a chance with some newbies/second stringers for the Dragons hoodoo game,they then won and we rewarded them by changing a winning side to bring back presumably the "A" team who then promptly lost by dishing up that shit against Canberra.
I am hoping for some fresh faces this week again.

Waiting For Premiership

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 11, 2012
What I would like to know are peeps thoughts on who are the five or six that Cappy and Morgan's who are in for the chop this week.
Remember we took a chance with some newbies/second stringers for the Dragons hoodoo game,they then won and we rewarded them by changing a winning side to bring back presumably the "A" team who then promptly lost by dishing up that shit against Canberra.
I am hoping for some fresh faces this week again.

I really think the statement is old news now, and they'll only be 2 maybe 3 changes , kata manu back, so all the rest are safe...Just don't think Cappys got the balls to do what had to happen with the naughty 6 last month.So in other words with the Warriors having a speak up last week , everyone will pledge their alliance to Cappy and he'll put on the team which we all have watched many times before. With the same outcome, another arse kicking, but we're getting better as a after match press conference.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Jordan G

Matulino was probably the one most in danger, but if Lillyman plays Origin he may get a repreive.

Manu, Kata back if available.

TBH anything less than 3 from 3 over the next 3 weeks is unacceptable IMO. Weakened/fatigued travelling Broncos at home, Knights away, Roosters minus Origin players and with a weaker team than last year.

Do I expect us to go 3/3? Hell no, but if there's even the slightest hint of truth to the talk that's been coming out of them since the Canberra game then anything less than 3/3 will confirm it as all talk no action IMO.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Get all those pansy cu**s who can't handle out of there. Oh hell, dissension among the playing group. Ex players involved. Oh like we couldn't see it with our own eyes FFS.

Players narking off each other choooooo.. mean brothers get it all out there. Who's on his side boys? Team Mannering, Team Johnson, Team Hoffman. No wonder we're fucked.

Love this shit, crisis meetings fractions and cliques, drag our team and fans down with you mugs while you're at it you childish clowns.

All these overpaid farkeen mugs who can't handle Ryan Hoffman's criticism or hard nosed ozzy approach don't let the door hit your asses on the way out.

Polynesian, Maori, European I don't give a fark. I don't care if we have to let all the soft marshmallows piss off elsewhere.

Stack this club full of ozzys that want to be here and want to be professional. Trade Matulino for Tamou. Yip I'd have Tamou here ahead of Matulino any day. Matulino couldn't leave any quicker for me, his smugness attitude sux.

Hurrell gone. Manu on the verge of leaving, Leuluai apparently back to Wigan. Good farkin riddance. Sick of these years of under achieving because of these sooky babas.

Build this team around Shaun Johnson, the only one that cares the most.

Oh yeah and McFaddens coaching still sux regardless of the playing groups turmoil.

69kingswood

U20's Player
Apr 22, 2016
1.Fusitua
2.Lolohea
3.Ayshford
4.Kata
5.Wells
6.Hingano
7.Johnson
8.Lillyman
9.Luke
10.Matulino
11.Thompson
12.Hoffman
13.Mannering
14.Tevaga
15.Lisone
16.Gavet
17.Manu
18.Gubb

Perfect time to start using players like Wells and Hinago if they are to be the future of the club as it cant get much worse and most of us fans will be happy if the effort is there.

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
image.jpeg

I swear, I'm not living in the past..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating