10 Lillyman
11 Hoffman
12 Thompson
13 Mannering if fit or Lisone

14 Luke
15 Sipley
16 Mutt/Gubb/Soggy Sao
17 Vete/Lisone/Vatuvai

I like loolooeyes but i don't know where he fits in the team, I want TL2 to play 5/8 if that's his future, Tevanga and Luke are ahead of him in the hooking utility role so for mine he misses out. And fuck me Cappy this bullshit of carrying a back on the bench is just fucked, if you really want to have a back on the bench make it Vatuvai and play him as an impact foward and back cover if needed....idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

I am not sure what Gubb does to inspire so much love around here - he makes about 20m a game and misses three of his six tackles (albeit in spectacular fashion.)

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
InsideBall

InsideBall

1. Fusitua
2. Allwood / Wells
3. Ayshford
4. Kata / Allwood
5. Wright
6. Lolohea
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Tevaga
10. Gavet
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Leuluai
15. Palavi
16. Sipley
17. Lauitiiti

I actually think Hoffman has been playing really well for us lately - he's been playing like a true leader, and I think he's growing into the captaincy really well. Simon would be back I imagine, and he, Hoff and Bodene really do make for a good backrow.

Personally, I thought the majority of Luke's game was not too bad, some patches of real class, but I can't forgive the utterly idiotic penalties he's giving away anymore. He's putting an already enormously under pressure team, further under pressure. Stint in reserve grade to get his shit together.

Matulino can go back to reserve grade as well. I was really hoping he'd fire up for that Penrith game... But he looked just as flat, uninterested and unengaged as he has been for seeingingly some time now. And that offload... Just so tired of seeing shit like that. Honestly, I think Mutts needs a change of scenery badly. We've been hearing that he's wanted out for a while, and was basically on the way to Penrith... I think he should go, and we need to look for a real forward leader to replace him. It'll be best for all parties.

Don't really care about the rest, honestly, but I thought it'd be good to give Ali a go, and bring back Tof.

Reactions: 2 users
Jay M

Jay M

Fusitua
Allwood/Wells
Ayshford
Kata/Allwood (depending on Kata's availability)
Manu/Wright (depending on Manu's availability)
Lolohea
Shaun Johnson
Gavet
Leuluai
Lisone
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Luke
Matulino
Sipley
Lillyman

Fusitua deserves another shot at fullback.
Allwood deserves more game time.
Wright has done nothing wrong, but with our pack not performing, we need Manu's hitups (I hate to say that).
Lolohea to help Shaun Johnson spark the side from the halves.
Lisone's aggression to be channelled from the start. Pairing his aggression with Gavet's could work and fire up the pack from the start. To be spelled by Sipley and Bull.
Matulino on the bench to come on in the second row. Yes, we have 3 80 minute second rowers. But I'd love to see how we play with Hoffman, Mannering, Thompson and Matulino in the second row for 50-65 minutes each. I think we'd get more out of them if 2-3 of them had a rest each game.
Leuluai to add some direct front on sting in defence at the start of the game. Luke to come on after 25-30 minutes.

Unlucky for Jazz who has shown a tonne of heart. He'd get Leuluai's spot if Leuluai wasn't well, Leuluai... (or if he was injured again).

Reactions: 4 users

MXRecord

Personally, I thought the majority of Luke's game was not too bad, some patches of real class, but I can't forgive the utterly idiotic penalties he's giving away anymore. He's putting an already enormously under pressure team, further under pressure. Stint in reserve grade to get his shit together.

Matulino can go back to reserve grade as well. I was really hoping he'd fire up for that Penrith game... But he looked just as flat, uninterested and unengaged as he has been for seeingingly some time now. And that offload... Just so tired of seeing shit like that. Honestly, I think Mutts needs a change of scenery badly. We've been hearing that he's wanted out for a while, and was basically on the way to Penrith... I think he should go, and we need to look for a real forward leader to replace him. It'll be best for all parties.

QFT. Luke wasn't that bad, some of his runs were excellent but the penalties, omg.
Matulino is just plain awful and should be left out. Dropped ball, next tackle a penalty. GG Matulino.

Reactions: 1 user

Lets Gone

Bench........Vete, Luke/tevaga, Lane and any prop who is willing to run it straight

LOLOHEA TO SIX, LEULUAI TAKES NO PRESSURE OFF JOHNSON AND I CANT EVEN REMEMBER HIM MAKING ONE GOOD KICK ON THE WEEKEND..

eric

eric

1 Fusitua
2 Lolohea
3 Ayshford
4 Kata
5 Allwood
6 Robson
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Tevaga
10 Gavet
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering

14 Luke
15 Matulino
16 Sipley
17 Lane

If Kata is suspended, move Allwood to 4 and Wright in at 5.
Sipley to get another shot at the expense of Gubb.
Don't think we really need Leuluai to be honest.
Gavet needs to show some improvement.
Matulino & Luke need to pull finger.
Thompson should bounce back.

I'll probably get hated on for picking Robson at 6, but I really don't think he's been as bad as people have made out. Takes it to the line well, gets hit late like a champ, barks orders, probably our best one on one tackler too. Yeah he's slow, but so is Leuluai. Keep LoLo on the wing for the rest of the year.

Highly doubt this will happen though.

Deranged

Deranged

I am not sure what Gubb does to inspire so much love around here - he makes about 20m a game and misses three of his six tackles (albeit in spectacular fashion.)
He missed three tackles in a row right in front of me. I don't know how his stats say only three missed tackles. I can only assume he doesn't always get close enough to register a miss.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Far North Forever

If only Tommy was 10 inches taller because he is the best prop we've got, fuck it just play him there to wake Mutts and the rest of the clingons. This grab and hold bullshit defence works for Storm because they are committed to it we on the other hand look like u10s trying to do it. Just fucken smash with your shoulders dumbs shits at least then the opposition will start looking differently at us. It doesn't matter who we think should be in those behind the video analysis will justify their dumbshit picks.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Ugh, Cappy in a tough spot, he basically rewarded the anzac day loosers with reselection, not just the pill palls, but both TLs too… and they shat the bed again.

Probably by his logic, that was also the team that beat the bulldogs, we need to get back to that…. Uh nah…

Does he walk it all back, Fusitua to FB, Lolo to 6, there is a decent team in this squad somewhere, but they are probably mentally shot at this point.

His winger on the bench policy, has anyone considered that it’s a cry for help? And he’s just begging JD to put him out of his misery (and pay out his contract)

Will probably beat the raiders anyway, one of the few teams they aren't scared of these days...

Tragic

Tragic

1. Fusitua - Got to give him another crack, he doesn't involve himself enough at wing (and Shaun Johnson won't pass to him when we are close to our line, lol)
2. Allwood - because he deserves a crack
3. Ayshford - because he can defend and help Solomon
4.Kata - because he runs hard and can score
5. Wright - because he can defend, catch and made metres last week
6. Lolohea - because thats where he belongs
7. Leuleuai - because he is solid there and can tackle and his scary eye is freaky
8. Gavet - because he runs hard and will get better with more time
9. Luke - because he is a world class hooker and can pass like one and he ran once last week so he is building, this week he will run twice, then the week after ...
10. Lillyman - because he has big arms and is ugly, we need more ugly
11. Mannering - You know why,
12. Hoffman - because we got noobody else
13. Tevaga - because he is big enough where it counts - heart and cojones

14. Palavi - because good in short bursts, bring him on 25 minutes in and give him 15 mins either side of the half
15. Bodene
16. Sipley - because he played well against the dragons and we need a Prop -, play well get rewarded
17. Manu - cause we got no more props, maybe Vete?

Shaun Johnson would get bench at best but really we can't afford a back on the bench thats why I have the Prop-Wing Beast. Shaun Johnson does try hard and seems a good bloke but his kicking game is killing us, some will says Leuleuai and Lolo can't kick but they can't be worse than what Shaun has served up lately and I can't stand another week of hearing he needs to work on his game management,. Don't worry you Shaun Johnson lovers, he will be back when Leuleuai gets injured.

• Sad
  • Haha
jsmooove

jsmooove

id drop matulino. im not a fan of him at all. Id be giving his bench spot to Manu. cappy has this idea on having an outside back on the bench then hes our guy. what we need is energy off the bench and manu is going to run hard and straight.

our problem isnt our back line its our forwards. as much as i dont want to see konrad back in a warriors jersey but im i feel as though maybe coaches need to tell him he needs to start playing in the forwards if he wants to be back in first grade. i guess my thinking is i just want a couple of forwards that will run hard, bend the line and get a quick play the ball. and sadly looking at our squad i feel it has to be two outside backs that need to be converted

Reactions: 3 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Sam Tomkins greatest talent was completely wasted at fullback, and in my humble opinion, so is Loloheas.
Sam, like Tui, was a sharp thinking stepper with wicked acceleration who could have made a huge difference if he had played inside Johnson.
If you want to see Tui in his element, re-watch the match winning try he set up against the Roosters. With brutal acceleration and a perfect sense of when and where to step, he turned the Roosters inside out to send Roger Tuivasa-Sheck over the line. This is what Tui does and he does it brilliantly..as good as if not better than Johnson.
He can't do this from fullback nor from the wing as the last player to receive the ball if it doesn't get dropped before it gets to him!
In the last two games Fusitua played fullback (Dragons and Tonga) he showed enough to excite me and he has much more chance of breaking the line than Tui imo.
Tommys time is up! Thanks for the great service crazy-eyes but the modern game has moved on from you. We all know Cappy is going to reinsert Vatuvei as soon as he is ready so it's pointless omitting him from your preferred team, or positioning him elsewhere.
Picture this; 2 insanely fast, ridiculously wicked side-steppers fragmenting defensive lines on every attacking raid. Almost every time Shaun shapes to run he collapses the oppositions structured defensive plays. They have NO FUCKEN IDEA where he is going to run and it's a weapon we don't use often enough. Imagine having 2 of him!
It may not be textbook footy...but the Warriors are not a textbook team!
Clearly we have defensive issues but our current attacking structures are both impotent and glaringly predictable.
Fragment the defense, turn them around, support the ball runner....and watch the points come!
As our defense appears to be unfixable...scoring ALOT more points is our only hope.
As for team selection (just to stay on topic) all I want to see is
1-Fusitua
6-Lolohea
7-Johnson
9-Luke with Jazz to spell him 15-20 minutes either side of half-time.
and the 3 fittest strongest forwards we have on the bench.
ill like it cause it all sounded so good untillll ----- As our defense appears to be unfixable...scoring ALOT more points is our only hope. And then i had visions of Bluey blindly driving the bus of a cliff

• Haha

warriors4eva

when is henare wells going to get a run

that kid has serious wheels...something we really lack on the flanks...its not like tinkering with the squad is going to matter much when were running 12th ? 13th ?

InsideBall

InsideBall

I hope it's Allwood... He's been putting some serious venom in his tackles the last couple of weeks and actually hurting people... and I've been absolutely loving it.

An Allwood/Wright combo would be safe as houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.