General Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 10 - Warriors vs Panthers

Pick Your Team. Make up to 17 selections.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick Your Team 2016 Rnd 10 - Warriors vs Panthers
463399268.jpg
After the win against the St George-Illawarra Dragons at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland do you want to see any changes for the Round 10 clash against the Penrith Panthers this coming Saturday?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?
New coach?
Will the players recently suspended make their comeback?

Discuss...

1 Fusitua, a nice last game should hold the spot.
2 Allwood Ya need a bit more pace outside of Blake, Jono's too slow.
3. Ayshford - His wing service is just outstanding and his combo with Shaun Johnson is coming along nicely.
4. Kata - that left is that fragile in general he is on a hiding to nothing.
5.Wells - From what we've seen on the box, His positioning and support play is exceedingly promising and his talk looks fantastic, everything needs to be tried to address the shambles that is our left.
6. Lolohea, his 20 mins there was better than his last 20 at FB, Im a tad apprehensive which is why I'd swap Manners and Hoffman to load up thst side defensively, Im really not confident he has the confidence just yet.
7. Shaun Johnson- Im happy with his form, we scored 26 points against a team that has been reasonably sound defensively.
8. Mutts, He would of done some soul searching and will be Immense returning.
9. Bully, he was better than good against the drags, the last 2 tries were big plays by him.
10. Gavet, did enough to hold the spot and seems better starting.
11. Thompson, our most effective backrower and same as Mutts will tear it up.
12. Manners, we need to do something on the left and he has displayed the best of his game regularly there, Im missing his holdemup tackles he pulls off on this side.
13. Hoffman, we aren't getting bag for our buck, making him Guardian of the middle might solve a problem or 2, hoping for a bit more of an old school 13 that attacks both sides and defends in the middle.
14. Jazz - going nicely and is the type of utility we need for this team.
15.Jake - his best work is when they're tired.
16. Gubb, deserves the spot after the last game.
17. Palavi same as above.
18. Lane, there was a little bit to like about his defence last time out, if he gets anywhere near his doggies form he will cement a spot on the bench.

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

1. Fusitua
2. Wright
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Allwood
6. Lolohea
7. Johnson
8. Matulino
9. Tevaga
10. Gavet
11. Hoffman
12. Mannering
13. Palavi

14. Luke
15. Thompson
16. Lillyman
17. Gubb

In - Mannering, Lolohea, Matulino, Thompson
Out - Lousi, Lane, Robson, Sipley

I do think what will happen though is Allwood will drop out for Lolohea/Fusitua to the wing with TL partnering Shaun Johnson in the halves.

1. Fusitua
2. Allwood
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Lolohea
6. Hingano
7. Princess
8. Gavet
9. Jazz
10. Mutts
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Mannering

14. Bully
15. Lillyman
16. Lane
17. Manu/ Gubb

Danpatmac

1. Lolohea
  2. Fusitua
  3. Ayshford
  4. Kata (Is not suspended)
  5. Allwood
  6. Leuluai (if fit)
  7. Johnson
  8. Gavet
  9. Tevaga
  10. Lillyman
  11. Thompson
  12. Hoffman
  13. Mannering (if fit)
  14. Luke
  15. Matulino
  16. Gubb
  17. Palavi

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. David Fusitua
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Matthew Allwood
6. Thomas Leuluai / Jeff Robson
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Isaac Luke
10. James Gavet
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering / John Palavi

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Charlie Gubb
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Ben Matulino

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Fusitua
Almost Right
Blakes 7
Soul Man
Allgood
Tui
Princess
Lillyman
BullyMan
GravyMan
Brodene
The Hoff
Ex Capt. Mannering/Gubster

The Jazz Man
Palavi/Gubster
Sipley
Mutts

Vete & Lisone to spend more time in reserve grade - not as punishment but I think Palavi and Sipley showed enough against the Dragons to warrant another game.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is the team I would go for:

1. Fusitua
2. Wells
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Allwood
6. Lolohea
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Tevaga
10. Gavet
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

Bench
Luke
Gubb
Matulino
Sipley

Reactions: 1 users

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Wells looks so limp on attack in reserve grade, have watched him live a couple of times. He might go okay on the wing in first grade but he doesn't appear to be particularly quick and he's not very elusive returning the ball either. I think there's a reason he hasn't cracked first grade elsewhere.

Fullback has to be Tui if fit. Fusitua shifts to the wing. There's no way we should be planning to play the rest of the season with Fusitua at the back. His form and fitness have been massively up and down in the past and one good game against the Dragons doesn't mean he's now our go-to FB. Nor can we justify shifting Tui (our best available FB) to the halves, simply based on 20 mins against the Dogs. It's not ideal but IMO the potential cons of relying on Fusitua at FB outweigh any benefit to be gained by shifting Tui to the halves over TL/Robson. Stick with players in their best positions and avoid more chopping and changing unless forced by injury/suspension. If we're that desperate for another half then promote Hingano. He's been playing well in NSW Cup, he's a turnstile in defence but at least he looks good on attack (which is all that matters at the Warriors). I'm not advocating we actually promote him but I think there are other options other than Tui available.

Forward pack is interesting. I wouldn't be fapping too hard over the guys that got the win over the woeful Dragons - 3 disallowed tries by the bunker remember, that game could've been quite different and I thought the Dragons were awful. Lane doesn't hold a spot, he looked ghastly in his brief stint both positionally and technically. I would bring Matulino and Bodene back in at least out of the guys who got suspended. Palavi doesn't hold his spot either. I am not at all a fan of Tevaga playing 80 mins as a backrower, he's a hooker. So he either plays 20-40 mins interchanging with the unfit Luke or he's not on the park. Our backrow is so limp as it is, we can't carry an extra hooker there.

If Kata gets suspended then shove Fusitua at centre and have Shite/Allwood wings. Hurrell doesn't ever play first grade again at the Warriors, based on both attitude and form.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Lolohea
Allwood
Ashyford
Kata
Fusitua
TL/Robo
Shaun Johnson
Lillyman
Luke
Gavet
Thompson
Hoff
Mannering

Tevaga
Matulino
Gubb
Palavi/Vete

That'd be my side, Cappy will slot Wright in instead of Allwood and probably start Matulino.

I wouldn't start any of the naughty 6 or 5 now Manus getting help, make them come off the bench, and see how they go.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Wells looks so limp on attack in reserve grade, have watched him live a couple of times. He might go okay on the wing in first grade but he doesn't appear to be particularly quick and he's not very elusive returning the ball either. I think there's a reason he hasn't cracked first grade elsewhere.

Fullback has to be Tui if fit. Fusitua shifts to the wing. There's no way we should be planning to play the rest of the season with Fusitua at the back. His form and fitness have been massively up and down in the past and one good game against the Dragons doesn't mean he's now our go-to FB. Nor can we justify shifting Tui (our best available FB) to the halves, simply based on 20 mins against the Dogs. It's not ideal but IMO the potential cons of relying on Fusitua at FB outweigh any benefit to be gained by shifting Tui to the halves over TL/Robson. Stick with players in their best positions and avoid more chopping and changing unless forced by injury/suspension. If we're that desperate for another half then promote Hingano. He's been playing well in NSW Cup, he's a turnstile in defence but at least he looks good on attack (which is all that matters at the Warriors). I'm not advocating we actually promote him but I think there are other options other than Tui available.

Forward pack is interesting. I wouldn't be fapping too hard over the guys that got the win over the woeful Dragons - 3 disallowed tries by the bunker remember, that game could've been quite different and I thought the Dragons were awful. Lane doesn't hold a spot, he looked ghastly in his brief stint both positionally and technically. I would bring Matulino and Bodene back in at least out of the guys who got suspended. Palavi doesn't hold his spot either. I am not at all a fan of Tevaga playing 80 mins as a backrower, he's a hooker. So he either plays 20-40 mins interchanging with the unfit Luke or he's not on the park. Our backrow is so limp as it is, we can't carry an extra hooker there.

If Kata gets suspended then shove Fusitua at centre and have Shite/Allwood wings. Hurrell doesn't ever play first grade again at the Warriors, based on both attitude and form.

Sooo.. trot out the same team (w/o manu) that embarrassed the club against the storm then?

That’ll teach ‘em.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
1.Fusitua
2. Allwood
3. Ayshford
4. Wright
5. Wells
6. Lolohea
7. Johnson
8. Gavet
9. Tevanga
10. Lillyman
11. Palavi
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Luke
15. Lane
16. Sipley
17. ?

Left the last bench spot open depending on where the club are at with Matulino.
That spot needs a prop.

Does anyone know Where Upu Poaching is at in terms of whether he is fit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.