Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2010 Rnd 5 - Broncos vs Warriors

MarkW_old

From Stuff:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3566052/Hamstring-takes-Jerome-Ropati-out-for-Warriors

The Warriors have lost centre Jerome Ropati as their injury problems deepen ahead of their clash with the Bulldogs but they have brought back experienced hooker Ian Henderson for the trip to Sydney.

Patrick Ah Van is also with the squad for this fifth round encounter on Saturday night.

Ropati, who has been in rejuvenated form, was ruled out of the game with a hamstring injury after the team’s final training session at Mt Smart Stadium last night.

Warriors coach Ivan Cleary hasn’t confirmed his final line-up and he now has more options.

The pleasing aspect is to see Henderson fit again and available for his first NRL match of the season.

He was sidelined for several weeks with a knee injury after the Vodafone Warriors’ first trial against the Sydney Roosters in Rotorua in February. He returned to the playing field last weekend, turning out for the Auckland Vulcans in their New South Wales Cup win over Balmain Ryde.

Ah Van has been used at standoff by the Vulcans this season.

The most likely cover for Roptai would come from utility Joel Moon who proved a solid centre when shifted wide last year. He has been used in the halves with Brett Seymour’s early injury.

The Warriors are to push Lance Hohaia forward from fullback where they have strength with Wade McKinnon.

That might leave Ah Van battling for a spot on the bench where Henderson, with his good dummy half play, will also be a contender.

sebastian_old

Moon takes centre, Wade takes fullback, Lance takes 5/8th, Henderson takes the bench spot.

Wade 1
Moon 4
Hohaia 6
Henderson 14

That in my opinion would be the best changes..

MarkW_old

Yep, I'd say so.

So the team would look like this:

1 WADE MCKINNON
2 KEVIN LOCKE
3 BRENT TATE (c)
4 JOEL MOON
5 BILL TUPOU
6 LANCE HOHAIA
7 JAMES MALONEY
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 JESSE ROYAL
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 BEN MATULINO
13 JACOB LILLYMAN

Interchange:
14 IAN HENDERSON
15 JEREMY LATIMORE
16 RUSSELL PACKER
17 UKUMA TA’AI
18 BLINKY?

MarkW_old

I just hope that Hohaia can let Maloney be the main playmaker and not run all over the show trying to set plays up but generally just confusing people.

insulinboi_old

1 WADE MCKINNON
2 KEVIN LOCKE
3 BRENT TATE (c)
4 JOEL MOON
5 BILL TUPOU
6 LANCE HOHAIA
7 JAMES MALONEY
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 JESSE ROYAL
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 BEN MATULINO
13 JACOB LILLYMAN

Interchange:
14 IAN HENDERSON
15 JEREMY LATIMORE
16 RUSSELL PACKER
17 UKUMA TA’AI

Thats the team to run out. Mckinnon is pretty lucky, he doesnt deserve his number one jersey. Injuries are really killing us!

Fazz_old

Yep, I'd say so.

So the team would look like this:

1 WADE MCKINNON
2 KEVIN LOCKE
3 BRENT TATE (c)
4 JOEL MOON
5 BILL TUPOU
6 LANCE HOHAIA
7 JAMES MALONEY
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 JESSE ROYAL
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 BEN MATULINO
13 JACOB LILLYMAN

Interchange:
14 IAN HENDERSON
15 JEREMY LATIMORE
16 RUSSELL PACKER
17 UKUMA TA’AI
18 BLINKY?

You could argue thats actually a stronger team then the one with Ropo in it if you're going to be optimistic...

As long as Ah Van doesn't worm his way into the team i'll be happy.

God we've had enough people out this year at some stage to field an entire team just about... =/

1 Mckinnon
3 Taylor
4 Ropati
5 Manu
6 Seymour
7 Johnson
8 Price
9 Mara (Is he still hurt?)
10 Lillyman
11 Mannering
12 Lousi
13 Henderson (has played there for us briefly)

Bloody handy looking team too if you throw locke into that vacant spot tbh...

sebastian_old

As long as Ah Van doesn't worm his way into the team i'll be happy.

Same here. I wonder why Ah Vahn was added to the squad? Pure backup, or is someone else carring a injury..?

BringBackRovelli_old

That's three hamstring injuries within the first 5 weeks? I don't know, but hamstrings don't just happen to go. Overtraining. Pretty amateurish conditioning coaching.

Northern_Union

Geez we're getting mauled by injuries. Lets hope blinky doesn't play.

ToiletDuck_old

That's three hamstring injuries within the first 5 weeks? I don't know, but hamstrings don't just happen to go.

Uhhmm...I was under the impression that they do just happen to go, and are one of the most common musculo-skeletal injuries floating around..

Jesbass_old

Despite the nay sayers, Ropati is a huge loss. He has a heap of experience, (which our left flank lacks), and has started 2010 with a good try scoring rate, (3 tries out of 3 and a half appearances).

I was already experiencing a loss, but now I think it'll be heavier. (I hope, of course, that we wipe the floor with the Bulldogs!)

It'll be good to see what Henderson has to offer, though!

sebastian_old

I know it'd be the next round earliest but I can't wait for Manu to come back, he was in such good form. I hope when he does return that hamstring isn't going to be an ongoing problem. Manu really is on form, I think we need him on the field to win those tighter games, such as the Manly game last weekend.

Ryno_old

If Manu was playing last week would have won I reckon. Hes such an integral part of our go forward and they really missed that.

Heres hoping he is back in the team next week or ASAP!!

Fazz_old

Lol! The pain will be soothed when we win the premiership this year! ...what? stop looking at me like that...it could happen...

Jesbass_old

Damn straight! I even put $10 down on us at the TAB!

But then I do that every year...!

Edifier_old

Thats the team to run out. Mckinnon is pretty lucky, he doesnt deserve his number one jersey. Injuries are really killing us!

You are severely mistaken here insulinboi, perhaps your sugar levels are too low. Fifth game in and his first start for 2010, I think McKinnon is due for a BIG one.

I suspected Ropati may not make it this week, but someone had suggested there might have been straight swap with Likiliki. Is he not traveling well for the Juniors?

Northern_Union

Mckinnon had a poor match against the Sea Eagles, but prior to that he had performed well.