TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

I wonder if they are keeping him on ice for that game.
I understand the risk management as sending him out and we lose vs Penrith and lose him for week 2 as well would hurt differently. Also send him our tomorrow we win and he is injured but has week 2 to recover doesn't pass the risk assessment management conversation as we have an extra life with or without SJ.

Sheesh I'm not even sure if I've said anything just there.

I understand the risk management as sending him out and we lose vs Penrith and lose him for week 2 as well would hurt differently. Also send him our tomorrow we win and he is injured but has week 2 to recover doesn't pass the risk assessment management conversation as we have an extra life with or without SJ.

Sheesh I'm not even sure if I've said anything just there.
I find this a bit ironic.
Rested last week and saved for this week.
Now still injured presumably in training.
The game can be so cruel
Especially with the injury to Metcalfe.

Surprised Siro on the bench he wasn't flash last week .. thought with SJ out Lussick to the bench ..I was really surprised how he went in the middle expecting him to get hammered to take it up ...

he has an offload and huge energy, that will have to do. his passing at the line is underrated too
Jazz had his game simplified early this season and focused on his strengths. Previously he has gotten too involved in the kind of role Tohu plays for us at first receiver and it wasn't good. Hopefully he is used as energy off the bench and Tohu plays 13 for 80minutes

So we came 4th. In a season that everybody had written us off. We lose our playmaker before a game no one expects us to win.
We have a makeshift 6 and a new 7 coming back from a long term injury.....
If this isn't the Warriors I do not know what is.

Whatever happens fuck I am proud of the boys this year. I will cheering you on regardless.

I think he has the heiht and depth, he just doesn't seem to have the accuracy of SJ.

Fair call, but show me a 21 year old 5 game rookie who does have the same accuracy as a 250 game NRL veteran, playing the best year of his career lol.

There's been a lot of talk about Ronnie V not being good enough (I know that's not what you're saying Brucie!) but yeah, a bit of context is key.

Let's wait until Volkman's had 12+ continuous games with the top team in 2025 before we start worrying about if he's good enough. A bit of age and experience does wonders for anyone!

Fair call, but show me a 21 year old 5 game rookie who does have the same accuracy as a 250 game NRL veteran, playing the best year of his career lol.

There's been a lot of talk about Ronnie V not being good enough (I know that's not what you're saying Brucie!) but yeah, a bit of context is key.

Let's wait until Volkman's had 12+ continuous games with the top team in 2025 before we start worrying about if he's good enough. A bit of age and experience does wonders for anyone!
I don't understand why he's not backed tomorrow! There is nothing to lose and we will only find out more about him.

Why is he in the 30 if he ca t step up a grade? He's played all season in cup for an opportunity like this.

I don't understand why he's not backed tomorrow! There is nothing to lose and we will only find out more about him.

Why is he in the 30 if he ca t step up a grade? He's played all season in cup for an opportunity like this.

My only guess is that having so many players not having played finals, or it's been SO long for others, and given TMM is only one game back I think they've gone the safe route.

We lose a better kicking option with Walker starting, but get a much better defensive team and an extra big bopper on the park by going with Walker.

However, if the NSW cup team lose this week, and SJ wasn't available for us next week I reckon Webby will bring Volkman in.

We have the option to tinker a little this week, nothing to lose and it could help unsettle Panthers by changing up our game plan. But, if we lose and next week is a do or die, you want all your players playing the game that they've largely played all year, even if one of the big cogs in SJ not being there.

Intially I was backing a RV call up but the more I think about the more it makes sense. Let him play in the squad he has had a massive hand in bringing to a sudden death playoff. Top side essentially has a life we are probably going to have to play.
We are building a legacy and the Cup team is a big part of that. Both sides through to next weekend is a block to build a future on.
Ronnie will have his time in 1st.

I got caught up in the emotion of how big this game was in the context of bringing the Pre-lim to Auckland.

I am loving the optimism on here, but at $6+ outsiders a loss by 13+ is the expected outcome far and wide.

This is a great example of how valuable a top 4 finish is. Look at Newcastle trying to get Ponga fit for week 1 of a 4 week finals

My only guess is that having so many players not having played finals, or it's been SO long for others, and given TMM is only one game back I think they've gone the safe route.

We lose a better kicking option with Walker starting, but get a much better defensive team and an extra big bopper on the park by going with Walker.

However, if the NSW cup team lose this week, and SJ wasn't available for us next week I reckon Webby will bring Volkman in.

We have the option to tinker a little this week, nothing to lose and it could help unsettle Panthers by changing up our game plan. But, if we lose and next week is a do or die, you want all your players playing the game that they've largely played all year, even if one of the big cogs in SJ not being there.
If Volkman isn't good enough this week the he's not better off next week! He would be for more better prepared for next week if he was given a crack tomorrow imo.

Thirty four pages is the longest pre game thread in years.

Amazing, I forgot how much we talk about our team in a finals week. SJ added about ten pages.

Tomorrows game day eh. Woo cannot wait now, get it over and done with.

Hope they do not do the anthems shit, get sick of hearing it.

Back