Player Paul Turner

Fazz

Fazz

Shit that we never really got to see what Turner offered after looking promising in his 1 game, we’ve let too many good players go recently🥲
We've also gotten in some really good ones though to be fair. Addin Fonua-Blake, Ben Murdoch-Masila and Siro look good. Unfortunate we're stuck paying out the arse for FuSHITua and Ken though. It pretty much ruins our prospects for fixing the backline and spine short term.

• Haha
Reactions: davo
wellyboy

wellyboy

Contributor
I don’t think we have all the facts

So in POS I trust

He sorted out our forward pack

I give him this season to sort out the cluster fuck backline left behind by SK

Sean O'Sullivan, Kodi, Chanel Harris-Tavita great fillin’s for a game or two. But week in week out regulars at NRL level when chasing a finals spot?. Fuck no.

And if Ken and Fusitua just want to run straight and hard all day, with no chance at breaking the line, then Brown might as well rotate and add Katoa and Bunty to the wing spot...

We were tactically outplayed on Saturday. I fear Des will apply the same strategy on Friday with DCE and Foran schooling us on set plays out wide.

With so many injuries in the NrL across all clubs, it’s going to be slim pickings trying to recruit decent talent. Shaun Johnson is still looking. Despite saying “no thanks” I think we re-open dialogue with him....?? His skip passes, grub kicks, bombs, dropouts, ability to draw and pass.. all still outweighs his injury problems... we also now have a decent pack that can give him the go-forward needed for him to create..
Thank you man. All this negativity on this forum about the pt swap for walsh. If pt was any good he would be in the team instead of Sean O'Sullivan. Im stoked we get wlash early and hopefully get him on one of the wing spots (rid one propwing) and play some games.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Shit that we never really got to see what Turner offered after looking promising in his 1 game, we’ve let too many good players go recently🥲

Don't see how you could say that after 1 game. But I guess if we're capable of damning Sean O'Sullivan after 1 game...."Who Do You Think You Are" might be moving to TVNZ and maybe we're descendents of Nostradamus...

Noitall

Noitall

Apparently the Broncos are looking like fools because we’ve given them one of our top 30 squad members for one of their development players, meaning Turner becomes apart of the broncos 30. Wonder if this is intentional and we’re trying to get someone else at the broncos. Read something about Cory Paix the other day.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Warriors Recruitment Manager
Contributor
Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Apparently the Broncos are looking like fools because we’ve given them one of our top 30 squad members for one of their development players, meaning Turner becomes apart of the broncos 30. Wonder if this is intentional and we’re trying to get someone else at the broncos. Read something about Cory Paix the other day.
Ooooh that's a juicy rumour.. I'd take him for sure!
Turner for Paix and an extra year of Walsh :cool:

Fitzy

Interesting, Turner isn't heading to Brisbane.

That’s an even bigger stuff up than james hooper earlier the broncos only have 28 players contracted it’s just some he has conjured up... no 29th man has been announced and their is definitely a 30th spot left for Turner... I think yes they may have been caught off guard but they are most likely willing to accommodate for him

Generally Little

Generally Little

Interestingly this article from last year mentioned PT's preferred position is Fullback - I wonder if he was the one that initiated the swap request after learning he's behind Walsh now?

Im sure Payten said the same thing after his debut game. Said he was a better fullback/open field runner than a half. Something like that.

Makasene

Makasene

"In some positive recruitment news for the Warriors, their star fullback signing from next year, Brisbane’s Reece Walsh, has been given permission to join the club immediately. The Broncos had hoped to receive rookie playmaker Paul Turner in return via a player-swap deal, but it appears they may not be able to accommodate him."

#robbiemears

#robbiemears

I'm not too fussed about the Turner situation. He looked reasonably promising in the one NRL game he played, but that was it. He's barely been sighted since. He's also not an 18 year old whiz kid, like Walker at the Roosters. He turns 21 soon and the fact that he's so far back in the queue, well behind even a journeyman like Sean O'Sullivan, tells you something about how not just Brownie, but SK, Payten, and POS previously, perceive him. He may well go onto great things, but I can't help but think he's just another in this long line of homegrown mediocre halves we all vest way too much confidence in: Ata, Carlos, Clarke ... Chanel Harris-Tavita.

Either way, it can't hurt to get Walsh early. He may as well get a taste of Warrior's life and spend some time with one of his idols. If nothing else, Brownie has a good track record of identifying and blooding young talent. He did that at effectively at the Knights. All their star players of today (Pearce and Klemmer aside) were youngsters Brownie threw into the deep end (KP, Saifiti bros, Bradman Best). So I'm sure he'll have a good sense for when and where to get Walsh into the team.

However, he's not going to solve the chronic issue at the club: the 9, 7, 6 combo. None of them are a threat to the defensive line. Well, Kodi might be if he could be arsed to run the ball. But without that offensive impact from the three players who handle the ball the most, we're automatically relegated to a mid-tier team ... again. I have no idea who POS and Brownie are looking at to fix the problem. There aren't many realistic options, honestly. All the talk of Reynolds is fanciful. There's simply no way he'd move to NZ. So who does that leave us? Perhaps they think the key is finally unlocking Kodi's confidence/undoubted potential. Unfortunately, better coaches than Brownie have tried and failed.

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

What? Who said ?

Warriors injury woes continue with Paul Turner ruled out for season​

Stuff sports reporters
17:03, Apr 24 2021
Paul Turner faces shoulder surgery and the rest of the NRL season on the sidelines.

The bad injury news keeps mounting for the Warriors, with the club confirming rookie Paul Turner’s shoulder injury is set to rule him out for the rest of the NRL season.

The 20-year-old utility came off the bench and was instrumental in last weekend’s win over the St George Illawarra Dragons, scoring a maiden try and playing on despite his clear setback, after Peta Hiku had already been forced off with a dislocated shoulder of his own.

Both were ruled out indefinitely midweek, though speaking on the eve of the team’s Anzac Day clash against the Storm in Melbourne on Sunday night, assistant coach Craig Hodges said Turner, who made a debut appearance last season before two more this year, needed extensive surgery to his left shoulder.

“I don’t think we’ll see him again this year, which is really disappointing, because although he’d only had two games, I thought he was doing a really good job in that utility role off the bench,” Hodges said.

“It was a pretty courageous effort of him to play on the other day. I thought it shows what the team and the club means to him and showed the sort of character that he has to play on, because it was pretty obvious to all our medical staff straight after the game that he wasn’t in a good way.

“But he did his job for everybody. We would have been in a lot of trouble had he had to come off, after losing Peta [Hiku] early in the game.”

The Warriors have seven players in their casualty ward, including star recruit Addin Fonua-Blake, who isn’t expected to return from a knee injury until round 19-20.

Hodges was able to deliver some slightly better news on Adam Pompey, who’s ankle injury suffered against the Dragons should only keep him out for a couple of weeks.

Fellow backs Euan Aitken (ankle) and Chanel Harris-Tavita (foot) have also both started running light laps of the training paddock, while second rower Eliesa Katoa’s injury picked up while playing for feeder club Redcliffe against Wynnum Manly in the Queensland Cup last weekend was turf toe, and will see him out for two to three weeks.

stuff.co.nz/sport/league/warriors/300285539/nrl-warriors-injury-woes-continue-with-paul-turner-ruled-out-for-season