Player Paul Turner

DallyM

DallyM

Why would swap out our promising running half who we've had in our top systems for a couple seasons for a player who is already coming... I get that they want him in early to learn from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck but sheesh been waiting for PT to get another run and what if Niko goes down what next.... Not happy with this move if true

6Again

Disappointed along with the majority but balanced with the fact Turner‘s viewed as a half and how many of those developed at the Warriors have made a real fist of it in the Nrl, most either end up playing State Cup or Super League.

Not sure another undeveloped half is going to get us to where we’re going anyway. Perhaps Niko‘s decided to stay on who knows, for me the sides screaming out for an elite level on the ball half not another running half which we‘re kind of getting with Walsh this season anyway.

Reactions: Worried2Death

6Again

Is it possible Turner is simply there until 2022, ie as a loan to cover the early release period only? This would be more likely than giving him up altogether surely?
He’s a free agent from November 1 anyway so nobody has a real claim on him for 2022 at this stage.

Jaffa J

Jaffa J

Interestingly this article from last year mentioned PT's preferred position is Fullback - I wonder if he was the one that initiated the swap request after learning he's behind Walsh now?

What's also interesting is there's been some rumours/reports that the Broncos might play Kotoni Staggs at 6 next year so maybe they do plan on playing Turner at FB

Reactions: Worried2Death

JaggedJ

- Paulo24

What if Paul Turner wanted to leave?
Well he will now, who wouldn't if you had been told you had a future at the club and then get shafted not for a signing but an early release. He was only 1 injury away from starting, and was the only half competition. A bit of a kick in the guts.