Votes: 2 1.9%
  • E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

I thought the reason was pretty obvious, they are trying to reintroduce some excitement into the game. Look how great it was to see our side pull it off and reverse the play, until the ref ruled it wrong and reversed it again. I actually like it, cant see why they are having so much issue calling it.
Blair & CHTs one was a joke. How can a bloke with both his hands up in the air, still be effecting a tackle??!

Reactions: 1 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
I thought the reason was pretty obvious, they are trying to reintroduce some excitement into the game. Look how great it was to see our side pull it off and reverse the play, until the ref ruled it wrong and reversed it again. I actually like it, cant see why they are having so much issue calling it.
Yes you're likely right in why they bought it in, but for the reasons I stated it's just created another grey area and given teams another tool to slow the play the ball down to a literall stand still with no gain to the attacking team. All they've done is create another grey area, whereas the old rule is black and white. I swear the NRL just want to live in a constant state of grey with all the rule tweaking they do in the offseason/even during the season. Is there a more incompetent sporting organisation in the world??

***Sometimes I feel for the refs with the amount of knee jerk reactionary changing to the rules that the NRL does. It must be bloody hard to keep up.

Aman

Aman

I know we lost but maybe this is a good thing long term. I'm glad the boys didn't drop their lips and tried till the end because if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck doesn't make that break and that game winner doesn't get disallowed everything else would have also got swept under the rug. It was only because we got fucked right till the end that it caught some traction.

Reactions: 10 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

All four match officials have been stood down from the warriors game.

That’s it? Stood them down ? Not good enough!

Those wankers should have been fined 10k, stood down for the rest of the season, and issue a formal apology to the players for their obvious cheating. And maybe a public caning to appease us fans....

Absolute royal wankers these refs.

Reactions: 5 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

That’s it? Stood them down ? Not good enough!

Those wankers should have been fined 10k, stood down for the rest of the season, and issue a formal apology to the players for their obvious cheating. And maybe a public caning to appease us fans....

Absolute royal wankers these refs.
Tired of apologies. Time for action and accountability. It's a kick in the guts when they keep apologizing for blatant wrong calls. Basically apologizing for making us lose every week. It's disgraceful.

What about the players? Played their guts out, played good enough to merit a win then get cheated again. Media call them losers unfairly.

Reactions: 6 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

The damage control has been on point in regards to the aftermath from the Eels game from the NRLs point of view.

Realistically they can only stand down the referees and deflect the forward pass issue (as it directly led to the result). They can’t change points after the fact.

But in saying ‘on review you can’t tell if the pass was forward’ you are basically admitting there was enough doubt and it shouldn’t have been called! It’s admitting we were robbed without directly doing so.

I would hope behind closed doors their is further actions against the refs that they will not publicly reveal. Change cannot happen in public but change needs to happen. Sutton should never refs a Warriors game again.

The warriors should be working behind the scenes and heads need to roll. The whole ref dept should be reviewed at year end and heads should roll at the top if they are incapable of implementing a system to get fair contests.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Skys viewership is slowly dropping; player numbers in NZ are slowly dropping...

Next time the rights deal comes up the dollar value will drop. Then the NRL will be able to reflect on times like this when they put the short term ‘product’ focus ahead of fair contests.

Reactions: 4 users

j-bob

Big fuckin whoop... The refs get a week off.. The game is obviously difficult to referee.. Its a fast paced game played by elite athletes and there is always going to be shit that is missed.. I get that.. But surely with the amount of money being chucked at the players they could afford to have a full time pool of fit people able to keep up with the play.. Because that seems to be the biggest problem... The refs and lines people are behind the play.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Happy being victims?
This has been ongoing an nothing has been done
By the club to rectify it .
But it gives us more excuses .as to why we fail.
We lose because we don't win .
We don't win because we are not prepared to ask the
Hard questions .an learn from our mistakes
So now we are waiting on the NRL to feel sorry for us.
An save our poor club from the bad referees.

Where is our bad as lawyer type holding the NRL to task daily
For the last 25 yrs.
Or our media savy or people drawing attention to the inconsistencies?
No because we have not made an effort to fight .

Last edited:
defensivebomb

defensivebomb

With all the controversy and crap rulings in both rugby and league, you have to appreciate the beauty of simplicity of soccer. They really only have one difficult rule (offside), the rest of the game is simple to watch and pickup. You can count the historical reffing controversies on one hand. Easy to see why it is such a popular sport.

They just need to allow gang tackles, shoulder charges and more points and I'd probably start watching it.

Reactions: 3 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

I thought it was telling that the TAB gave the Warriors win money back. That's a fair indication of how bad things are. Reading Monty Beetham's article he makes a good point about revenue loss and perhaps a case could be made through the courts for compensation, after all it's not just a sport.

Years ago I played a few rugger games for Pirates in Tokoroa. Black jersey's (with a big skull and crossbones) black shorts and socks, you know the drill. We reckoned every away game (except Mangakino) we were 9 points down before we even got on the field. The committee decided to change the playing strip to white and Moron and we started to win away.
Institutional or unconscious bias does exist and we seem to get more than our fair share of it.

Reactions: 5 users
Raw Power

Raw Power

I got fuming last night on NRL 360... While Buzz Rothfield was surprisingly loud in backing us as Warriors fans for being ripped off with the terrible match decisions...

it was the Cooper Cronk segment that got me.
His play of the week... believe it or not was how Nathan Brown's defense in keeping the Warriors pinned in their quarter at some vital stage of the match led to a Parramatta win.
FFS! to be so insensitive to Warriors fans being on the wrong side of not only the penalty count but blatantly wrong ref calls to insure the Warriors were kept out of the contest is very insulting to the core! No respect for him anymore!
As for Kenty pulling out the FLAWED video showing how the Sheck pass was forward with no mention of backwards out of the hand proves he is protecting his job... the prick!

Reactions: 9 users
brightman

brightman

I reckon it has come down from the NRL. i remember last year hearing or reading about how the NRL was threatening to ban journalist accreditation for talking bad about the game. they dont want the game talked about it poorly
Exactly and the proof of directive from above is blatantly obvious in the use of discretion by the refs towards the injured player, this stemmed from 2 rnds ago when Hiku took a bad head knock on front of the ref whilst we defended our ref zone and play was allowed to continue. Of course it was very opportune time for the Australian based attacking team to score against 12 defenders and let Graham Annesley apologize on the Monday after..

Reactions: 2 users
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

I thought it was telling that the TAB gave the Warriors win money back. That's a fair indication of how bad things are. Reading Monty Beetham's article he makes a good point about revenue loss and perhaps a case could be made through the courts for compensation, after all it's not just a sport.

Years ago I played a few rugger games for Pirates in Tokoroa. Black jersey's (with a big skull and crossbones) black shorts and socks, you know the drill. We reckoned every away game (except Mangakino) we were 9 points down before we even got on the field. The committee decided to change the playing strip to white and Moron and we started to win away.
Institutional or unconscious bias does exist and we seem to get more than our fair share of it.

You might be on to something there with the strip colours?

Would a warriors jersey with ‘green and gold’ slipped in there sway some calls?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
JBmurc

JBmurc

Just watched the replay great contest if only the bad reffing was constant and not one-sided even the one-sided Aussie commentators thought the penalty count didn't make sense .. its just every week season on the season if its a 50/50 call 90%+ we don't get it esp if its against one of the Big teams..
but it seems this season we are just getting woeful calls game and game .... sharks got 2 fucking tries from forward passes last game then this game a line ball is called forward ... I know for certain if that was the EELs winning play even if it was badly forward we would be hearing about how the refs couldn't see it from their position and gave the attacking team the benefit of the doubt 100% sure that would have happen ...and isn't that just the crux of it .. as the WAR fan we know we are playing not only the other team but the one-eyed refs

Reactions: 3 users
warriors55

warriors55

Just watched the replay great contest if only the bad reffing was constant and not one-sided even the one-sided Aussie commentators thought the penalty count didn't make sense .. its just every week season on the season if its a 50/50 call 90%+ we don't get it esp if its against one of the Big teams..
but it seems this season we are just getting woeful calls game and game .... sharks got 2 fucking tries from forward passes last game then this game a line ball is called forward ... I know for certain if that was the EELs winning play even if it was badly forward we would be hearing about how the refs couldn't see it from their position and gave the attacking team the benefit of the doubt 100% sure that would have happen ...and isn't that just the crux of it .. as the WAR fan we know we are playing not only the other team but the one-eyed refs

Exactly right. Sometimes it isn't obvious that the refs are biased because it is usually the 50/50 calls that go against us. But as fans of the Warriors we know that these calls nearly always go against us. That is the problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Aman

Aman

Like I said who do you want to argue against over a 50/50 call on live TV? The ever polite and placid Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or a mongrel Maloney that will put on the spot or a insanely talented wordsmith like Smith who will make you looks silly even when you've made the right decision. We have a part to play in being victims of unfair reffing. Its our fault we believe in fair and just sport when we don't apply that theory to our daily lives because we know better. So why carry on complaining about this shit when we know ourselves our captains need to be more clinical and SK needs to be more tactical to sway some of this shit in our favour as well. Its all a game even the game within the game and thats what were losing.

Reactions: 1 user