• E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Regardless of how we've been bent over the kitchen table. I think our CEO encouraging fans to bring whistles to the game is ridiculous, this guy is the head of our club. People will literally do this, and could cause a host of issues during the game. I will laugh if our players stop because they thought they heard the whistle, and Canberra scores.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

That pass was still so back: still salty af.

for anyone still having trouble with the physics:

Maybe send it to Sutton or the NRL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

NRL review with GA.
- The stripping incidents, said these had the biggest impact on the game. 1st Chanel Harris-Tavita strip that was penalised, said it was a legal strip and shouldn't have been panlised and Parra score on the next set. Beale getting stripped 3-1, said this should have been a penalty as the 3rd man in made contact before the ball was stripped.
- Blake Green / Dylan Brown "knock back" for Suli's try- says this was incorrect, the ball hit Browns hand so should have been reviewed as a knock-on.
- Papa's knock on, says that this was a knock on as well, but since it wasn't part of a try couldn't be reviewed.
- Roger Tuivasa-Sheck foward pass. Dodged this one, said he doesn't like talking about forward passes because they're so close and they are so many examples that could be reviewed. Says he genuinely doesn't know whether it was forward or not, and that the video referee would have had the same conclusion if they were able to review it. Reporter asked what's the point of any call if no-one knows if it's forward. *shrug* Personally I wonder why they can't give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking side in these examples.
- Putting the forward pass aside says there were other critical incidents that did have an impact on the game, and so all 4 referees/touch-judges are being demoted next week. Says the Warriors do have serious cause for complaint :|
- On the 1-1 strip rule, said they may review it at the end of the year, and if the rule us making it harder to officiate they'll probably dump it.

Reactions: 9 users
snake77

snake77

The Eels fans think they were hard done by. Are they expecting Sport Bet to refund them as they should of won by 13+ with all of the penalties and calls going their way.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Makasene

Makasene

Everyone on the Eels forum thinks we got off lucky by not conceding MORE penalties. They feel they were owed at least 2 send offs and 3-4 more penalties against us. They also feel the refs were shit but not because they got off lucky but because they were hard done by.

Direct quote

"I'm still angry about the refs........and completely baffled how the Warriors think they were hard done by in comparison to what they did to us"

Makes you wonder whether were all just fucked up as eachother when it comes to supporting our teams. Makes me want to stop complaining to be honest because were not going to convince anyone. The tides already turning after 2 days with most commentators now coming out and saying that we need to stop complaining about the penalty count as its not meant to be square and the pass was in fact forward and we should stop bitching and be better.

If you supported a team that picked up the spoon 20% of their history (unbelievable stat!) then you too would never given an inch haha

Reactions: 3 users
jsmooove

jsmooove

Regardless of how we've been bent over the kitchen table. I think our CEO encouraging fans to bring whistles to the game is ridiculous, this guy is the head of our club. People will literally do this, and could cause a host of issues during the game. I will laugh if our players stop because they thought they heard the whistle, and Canberra scores.
he has the right idea but once again horrible horrible execution. I believe he wants to bring alot of attention to the fact how we are treated by referees. He also wants bums in seats. sadly i think bringing whistles to the game isnt a smart idea. He should just pay some celebrities to get vocal about it. i mean imagine if souths got this bad treatment all the time. good old rusty would send out one tweet to a few million followers
I find it quite telling that NRL put out that half arsed damage control video ‘proving’ the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck pass was ‘forward’, I’ve NEVER seen that happen before and damning that they feel the need to justify themselves.

My prediction is this week we will get a more favourable reffing display and the narrative will revert to ‘sometimes calls go your way, sometimes the go the other’, a lot of fans are starting to pipe up with our 1 favourable call with Fusitua’ no try called a try to ‘prove’ it goes both ways.

Also predict the NRL (aka WWE) manufactured fairytale this year will be the Raiders going from no hopers to Winners on the 30th anniversary of their maiden title...
its just showing the NRL doesnt know how to do damage control. the NRL doesnt really know how to do much correctly. correction they do those "rugby league is all about inclusion" posts really well. so they do one thing right.

the problem they have is they dont know how to handle negativity towards their brand. Its clear as day they are trying to tell everyone that they are wrong. we are at the business end of the season and referees are deciding who goes to the finals and who doesnt. this is no longer the ball bounces your way and sometimes this doesnt.

usually i laugh off or think those who come up with these conspiracy theories that the NRL manufacture these s0rt of scenarios are crack heads but whats being presented lately with decisions on field make a bloody strong case for NRL games are predetermined

Reactions: 8 users

enterthewarrior

Standing down the referees won't do shit. They need to reverse the result and give us the 2 points.

Reactions: 5 users
warriors55

warriors55

Standing down the referees won't do shit. They need to reverse the result and give us the 2 points.

Reminds me of the cricket world cup final. I was fuming about it and wanted the result changed but at the end of the day once the final whistle goes they are never going to change the result. But you are right it doesn't help us in any way.

But it is good there is some accountability. They might think twice about making those calls against us in the future if they get an automatic ban for a week.

Reactions: 6 users
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

he has the right idea but once again horrible horrible execution. I believe he wants to bring alot of attention to the fact how we are treated by referees. He also wants bums in seats. sadly i think bringing whistles to the game isnt a smart idea. He should just pay some celebrities to get vocal about it. i mean imagine if souths got this bad treatment all the time. good old rusty would send out one tweet to a few million followers

its just showing the NRL doesnt know how to do damage control. the NRL doesnt really know how to do much correctly. correction they do those "rugby league is all about inclusion" posts really well. so they do one thing right.

the problem they have is they dont know how to handle negativity towards their brand. Its clear as day they are trying to tell everyone that they are wrong. we are at the business end of the season and referees are deciding who goes to the finals and who doesnt. this is no longer the ball bounces your way and sometimes this doesnt.

usually i laugh off or think those who come up with these conspiracy theories that the NRL manufacture these s0rt of scenarios are crack heads but whats being presented lately with decisions on field make a bloody strong case for NRL games are predetermined
Also makes you question the betting on the games considering how much influencing can be had

Reactions: 2 users
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

NRL review with GA.
- The stripping incidents, said these had the biggest impact on the game. 1st Chanel Harris-Tavita strip that was penalised, said it was a legal strip and shouldn't have been panlised and Parra score on the next set. Beale getting stripped 3-1, said this should have been a penalty as the 3rd man in made contact before the ball was stripped.
- Blake Green / Dylan Brown "knock back" for Suli's try- says this was incorrect, the ball hit Browns hand so should have been reviewed as a knock-on.
- Papa's knock on, says that this was a knock on as well, but since it wasn't part of a try couldn't be reviewed.
- Roger Tuivasa-Sheck foward pass. Dodged this one, said he doesn't like talking about forward passes because they're so close and they are so many examples that could be reviewed. Says he genuinely doesn't know whether it was forward or not, and that the video referee would have had the same conclusion if they were able to review it. Reporter asked what's the point of any call if no-one knows if it's forward. *shrug* Personally I wonder why they can't give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking side in these examples.
- Putting the forward pass aside says there were other critical incidents that did have an impact on the game, and so all 4 referees/touch-judges are being demoted next week. Says the Warriors do have serious cause for complaint :|
- On the 1-1 strip rule, said they may review it at the end of the year, and if the rule us making it harder to officiate they'll probably dump it.

Pretty much agree with everything there. The out everyone has is "camera angle unavailable", "the way you see the pass travel is affected by the angle at which you're looking at it", "forward momentum" etc to not rule yay or nay on forward passes.

And, yes, go back to a simple stripping rule. Don't make the officials have to make many - if any - judgement calls.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Pretty much agree with everything there. The out everyone has is "camera angle unavailable", "the way you see the pass travel is affected by the angle at which you're looking at it", "forward momentum" etc to not rule yay or nay on forward passes.

And, yes, go back to a simple stripping rule. Don't make the officials have to make many - if any - judgement calls.
The whole problem with the rule, besides the fact the can't seem to get it right. Is that even if it isn't stripped, the refs give an age in the tackle for some reason and this negatively affects the attacking team. Turns into a 10 second play the ball by the time the refs given the player 5 chances to reef the ball, then hes still trying to strip it on the ground, then has to untangle his arms. It's a terrible rule change, and no idea why they bought it in to be honest.

Reactions: 1 users

Uk Warriors fan

I’m over this one. The effort was awesome by the Warriors on the weekend, from listening to the review today we should have won by 6 based on Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s pass going forward, not to many teams can say they’ve done that at that ground. Hope it galvanises the team & we roll on to the finals. Fuck the refs, fuck the nrl, go the Warriors

Reactions: 12 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
The whole problem with the rule, besides the fact the can't seem to get it right. Is that even if it isn't stripped, the refs give an age in the tackle for some reason and this negatively affects the attacking team. Turns into a 10 second play the ball by the time the refs given the player 5 chances to reef the ball, then hes still trying to strip it on the ground, then has to untangle his arms. It's a terrible rule change, and no idea why they bought it in to be honest.
I thought the reason was pretty obvious, they are trying to reintroduce some excitement into the game. Look how great it was to see our side pull it off and reverse the play, until the ref ruled it wrong and reversed it again. I actually like it, cant see why they are having so much issue calling it.

Reactions: 1 user
Raw Power

Raw Power

Also predict the NRL (aka WWE) manufactured fairytale this year will be the Raiders going from no hopers to Winners on the 30th anniversary of their maiden title...
I said exactly the same thing about the Raiders just over a month ago... and put some coin on them at 13 to 1 and they are now at 10 to 1!

Aman

Aman

Sunday night with Matty johns did a good job with the professor to describe how kiwis feel about the game. It was a little otnguebin cheek piss take but they nailed it by describing how rorted kiwis feel