• Panthers on the Prowl 13+!

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
A bit nervous for this one. Our form in 2019, chances of the Panthers finally coming to life, the media coverage of their form, our recent record against them. All reasons why I'm not totally confident. It's why we put ourselves through this all season.

A good chance to turn our season around.
Really important game for us this one.
Win puts us back in contact with the 8 and really puts pressure on Panthers but a loss means back amongst the real strugglers again.Play our full potential,for 80 minutes and with Panthers confidence very low and we should be too good.
However this game has been a real slip up for us over the last 3 or 4 seasons where more often than not a shit performance by us has played the Panthers back into form and they go on a roll.
Chance to put the record straight tonight.Do the basics well and smash them hard on defence and do not let Cleary,Kikau or Waqa Blake have any time or space on the ball will go a long way to shutting them down.Also have some forwards continually run at Maloney and he will start getting frustrated which means that he starts missing tackles and giving away penalties.Will also blunt his running game.
Frustration will result and then he and Cleary will start arguing and then pushing and shoving each other and Maloney will end it by punching Nathan on the chin,father Cleary won't like this and will then come down to the field and Maloney will knee him in the balls for good measure.
Henry Perenara will remember his roots and over rule that dweeb prick John Stone and penalise the shit out of Tamou for being off side ( like he normally is) even though earlier in the day at the back of the car park it looked like Stone was on his knees in front of Tamou doing up his bootlaces ( the eye witness thought but wasn't 100% sure what was really going on)
Also this year Peachey is not there and he has made a big difference in the past getting them back into games against us.Allied to the fact that Griffen had them going better than Cleary.
In summary all going well Warriors by 40...... Oh yeah go baby.Dream start to this weekend.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Win puts us back in contact with the 8 and really puts pressure on Panthers but a loss means back amongst the real strugglers again.Play our full potential,for 80 minutes and with Panthers confidence very low and we should be too good.
However this game has been a real slip up for us over the last 3 or 4 seasons where more often than not a shit performance by us has played the Panthers back into form and they go on a roll.
Chance to put the record straight tonight.Do the basics well and smash them hard on defence and do not let Cleary,Kikau or Waqa Blake have any time or space on the ball will go a long way to shutting them down.Also have some forwards continually run at Maloney and he will start getting frustrated which means that he starts missing tackles and giving away penalties.Will also blunt his running game.
Frustration will result and then he and Cleary will start arguing and then pushing and shoving each other and Maloney will end it by punching Nathan on the chin,father Cleary won't like this and will then come down to the field and Maloney will knee him in the balls for good measure.
Henry Perenara will remember his roots and over rule that dweeb prick John Stone and penalise the shit out of Tamou for being off side ( like he normally is) even though earlier in the day at the back of the car park it looked like Stone was on his knees in front of Tamou doing up his bootlaces ( the eye witness thought but wasn't 100% sure what was really going on)
Also this year Peachey is not there and he has made a big difference in the past getting them back into games against us.Allied to the fact that Griffen had them going better than Cleary.
In summary all going well Warriors by 40...... Oh yeah go baby.Dream start to this weekend.
I want what some of what you’re on bro 👍🏻

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
I'm so nervous about this one. It's massive in the context of our season, we could be 4 wins, 5 loses with the rubbish Broncos at home next to take us to a possible 5 and 5 record.

With the amount of stick the Panthers are getting, especially their halves, who will want to keep their NSW jerseys more than anything else, I'm expecting them to fire. We were only good for 40 minutes last week, so I think it's fair for us fans to be un easy on our form.

Chats271

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 9, 2017
This one could go either way......
Penny Panths are in ALL sorts, and they've gotta pull finger at some point you'd think...... Just hope its next week they decide its time.

We have been all over the shop also, maybe going SLIGHTLY better than the Penny Panths but yep, we haven't managed a win over there for a while.
Tippers nightmare!!!!!!

Come on boys! Bring in that second half form from the Dragons last week and we're good to go!
One of the hardest questions to answer though, is which Warriors team is going to turn up this week? :woot:

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Time for our forwards to stand up with ball in hand. So much has been made about the halves and lack of Johnson, but our biggest problem this year has been our forwards not providing enough.
Average running meters by forwards our best is Tohu Harris who averages 105m per game this ranks 32nd by fowards in the league, only the Eels don't have a forward averaging more

In terms of number of runs per game we have no forwards in the top 40.

If our props rip in then we win tonight, if we leave all the hard stuff to our back 3 it's a long night

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane

I'd like to put a Wow and Laugh at the same time if I could... yeah baby!

Reactions: Hadyn

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I was listening to David Morrow on Radio Sport this morning. Put the Warriors performance last week down to them deciding to go for it, and supporting the runner rather than stick to boring attack plans. He reckons when they do that they can beat anybody. He also rates Kodi, especially how he takes pressure of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on attack. He added though he hadn't a clue as to who was going to win.

Guvna Mac

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2015
Hi everyone, need some help. Usually watch the warriors on foxtel but over in nz tonight and wont let me connect. I have wifi and laptop any suggestions?

roadrunner

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 7, 2016
Tauranga
I hate these games like this when you have a team like Panthers on a losing streak and no confidence. Hey reminds me of us. I just hope we don't give them a sniff of winning otherwise it could be a long night. In saying that if all the boys turn up focused we will win like last week.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Things are where they were when Kearney first took charge, a seriously under performing group of players that slowly made very small improvements over the season to finish nowhere but could hold onto a ball at last.

Problem with these guys is the players.

That bullshit Fusitua shared about the players deciding last week that they wont die wonde4ring,'

We know they cannot keep that trick up, we know they are horribly soft after a win,

Hoping beyond hope, but I expect the Panthers will flog us.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Hi everyone, need some help. Usually watch the warriors on foxtel but over in nz tonight and wont let me connect. I have wifi and laptop any suggestions?
If you are in South Auckland, I’d say come over to my place but unfortunately I’m not home tonight. And, before anyone asks, I’m not going to put my address out over the internet.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Great we got Henry Perenara, the only thing worse than his incompetence is his hate for the Warriors. The guy always stiffs us
Disagree wid ya on that assessment Flying C. I think Henry P has been pretty fair with us of late and pleased he's got the whistle for this one.
Crowd gonna be very small apparently to less tendency to influence too

Sao, Bully, Ah-Mau, Hiku and Kodi to shine. Lawton will do OK, but expectations are much higher now. Kodi to be far more visible.
Thinking that young Herbert will relish keeping Waka B in check.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Disagree wid ya on that assessment Flying C. I think Henry P has been pretty fair with us of late and pleased he's got the whistle for this one.
Crowd gonna be very small apparently to less tendency to influence too

Sao, Bully, Ah-Mau, Hiku and Kodi to shine. Lawton will do OK, but expectations are much higher now. Kodi to be far more visible.
Thinking that young Herbert will relish keeping Waka B in check.

Nah, disagree. The guy is a dick.

He’s got something against us. Fuck knows what it is. But he bias as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings