• Panthers 12-

• Panthers Strike!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebroverine

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 24, 2013
Tevaga is a small forward, the question the Warriors have to ask themselves is, is it worth carrying a small forward for his offloads when bigger teams mash our forward pack into the ground. Would it not be better to have a larger player who can compete physically on attack. A bigger forward is more work for the opposition to down. Throwing a pebble at a brick wall isn't going to do enough damage

You saw today, they brought on Tamou, we brought on Tevaga, we had to commit 3 players to Tamou every time he got the ball

How do you drop Jazz based on his form this year? Just how??

• Haha
Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

nakiproud

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016
yea i think the kata experiement is now over. I was a big fan, but tonight just highlighted all his errors, and left no upside. He is too excitable. And by now he should have calmed down and slotted into his role properly. This year has shown him at his best and his worst. and to be honest his worse outweighs his best by just to much.
We have wasted a WHOLE season playing kata and the chance to develop ken and another centre..the worst case scenario for the club...just a bummer

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
How do you drop Jazz based on his form this year? Just how??
Dan answered that question above, the truth is that the team was going perfectly well without Jazz at the start of the year. I actually thought they had a better rotation before they brought in Tevaga and Mannering

At the start of the year the Warriors had a fast, more physical game

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Typical Warriors. That was so limp.

Congrats on making the top 8. But we need to set our benchmark higher than just finishing just over 50% of the teams.

We are many moons behind other top teams when it comes to rising to the occasion, intensity and composure.

Yes you are correct.

WarriorBall

I don’t want to beat up on Jazz because he wasn’t the reason we lost tonight.

It could all change next season, Ah Mau comes into the squad and back to a traditional four prop rotation with any luck, Roache off the bench assuming Luke stays on.

Still too many minutes from him imo (59 minutes tonight) but could live with it.

thebroverine

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 24, 2013
Dan answered that question above, the truth is that the team was going perfectly well without Jazz at the start of the year. I actually thought they had a better rotation before they brought in Tevaga and Mannering

Then Jazz put his hand up like a G and kept his spot.

I'm proud to have Jazz in our team. Little player with a big heart and big motor. Nice offloads too.

Our halves were the real let down tonight. It's either that or just gotta admit Maloney is that good :hungover:

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Our halves were the real let down tonight. It's either that or just gotta admit Maloney is that good :hungover:

Green tried. Also we had no go forward. Penrith were just the better team on the day with completions. What annoys me is I know the warriors are a better roster, but with a piss weak offensive gameplaybook. But its coming. Next year. Im sure of it. We have beyond a good roster now, id say prob the best roster, thats why its always so dissapointing they cant learn consistency or intensity, but i think also Kearney focussing on fitness and Defense this year was a good idea, he suceeded year one and now year 2, now year 3 offense all that can mean is we will be more like the Storm in for and against, finish in the 4, and be a real Prem chance. The Panthers as much as Maloney hated playing for the warriors, is not a chance either and Ivan will never get to coach his son. Thats life.

thebroverine

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 24, 2013
well you aint gonna win shit with Jazz 'Barney Rubble' Tevaga as your first middle forward off the bench.

Nah he's more like Tyrion Lannister. It's footy ffs so not comparing it to winning the iron throne but Jazz has big balls like Tyrion and punches above his weight. He doesn't allow his size to make him a liability to his team. He's made bigger forwards look silly on many occasions this year with his impact off the bench.

Jazz will be in the 17 next year unless he gets out of form.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016

A good test is whether any other top team is playing a 80kg lock for 60 minutes per game. People love him though, but I wonder if they follow fantasy stats more than his real world impact on the game.

Danpatmac

He doesn't allow his size to make him a liability to his team.

Jazz will be in the 17 next year unless he gets out of form.

i disagree with both of these statements

the fact we were so underpowered in the forwards with him playing essentially as a prop is an absolute liability to our overall go-forward

and it looks like he is in the 17 whether in form or not

Reactions: nakiproud

thebroverine

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 24, 2013
Green tried. Also we had no go forward. Penrith were just the better team on the day with completions. What annoys me is I know the warriors are a better roster, but with a piss weak offensive gameplaybook. But its coming. Next year. Im sure of it. We have beyond a good roster now, id say prob the best roster, thats why its always so dissapointing they cant learn consistency or intensity, but i think also Kearney focussing on fitness and Defense this year was a good idea, he suceeded year one and now year 2, now year 3 offense all that can mean is we will be more like the Storm in for and against, finish in the 4, and be a real Prem chance. The Panthers as much as Maloney hated playing for the warriors, is not a chance either and Ivan will never get to coach his son. Thats life.

It's hard for me to agree because all I can remember is our halves putting up bombs all night.

Danpatmac

A good test is whether any other top team is playing a 80kg lock for 60 minutes per game. People love him though, but I wonder if they follow fantasy stats more than his real world impact on the game.

to me it isn't him entirely, it is the flow on to the entire team and forward rotation

Taking off a hard running prop and replacing him with Barney Rubble is not going to work if we aren't dominating the middle, and we rarely dominate in the middle.

The way he is used and the types of players he is replacing is the problem.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
to me it isn't him entirely, it is the flow on to the entire team and forward rotation

Taking off a hard running prop and replacing him with Barney Rubble is not going to work if we aren't dominating the middle, and we rarely dominate in the middle.

The way he is used and the types of players he is replacing is the problem.

It’s that exactly, a 100+ kg prop wears the opposition down etc etc, Jazz is an opportunity cost.

He is only good when we win the middle, when we win the middle we don’t really need him.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012

Got it in one

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player